Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Default Not So Sunny Sunday

Morning Mates, from a dull and cool Pictou County. It rained all day yesterday, but that didn't stop the parade from happening, it goes, rain or shine!
I had to wear socks, shoes, long pants, and a fleece lined raincoat - ridiculous for July! Speaking of ridiculous, how do you like my hat?

I'm hoping the sun comes out today and warms it up a bit, I want to wear my lobster shorts and T-shirt - without a jacket!
Some of yesterday's scheduled activities that were cancelled because of rain, will go on today, so I'll be out there taking more pictures!

donna
Old July 10th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a very warm Texas. Donna, I can't believe the difference in our temps. I wish we could even it out somehow. I hope you get your much wanted sun.

I have been up early this morning, trying to give the yard a little water. I wish we had a sprinkler system, but in a way, I enjoy doing it, as long as all my body parts are working on that day.

I have to sit down today and figure out how I am going to do all my errands this week. With a week of vacation, and a week of sitting, because of my foot, I am way behind on what needs to be done. I can't drive my Mustang because it's a 5 speed, so I will have to take Jim's truck. I also want to go to water Zumba starting tomorrow. It's the only activity I can think of to get and keep the weight off, until I heal.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A beautiful day beginning here,sunny, blue skies, with no humidity. I work tomorrow, and, they say it will be quite humid, figures,huh?

Yesterday I went to the bead show..did you hear me sobbing? I wanted one of everything Talk about being overwhelmed! I came home and, whipped up several pieces, for the fall collection..I don't want to even think fall, but..

Nothing on the agenda today..I started a new book, by a favorite author, she took her series off in another direction,so I will begin another.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 10th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

It's nice and warm here in Ct.

We had a nice visit with Henry43 and his DW yesterday and the weather in Long Island was great.

Donna, I do like your hat.

Luanne, I hope that your foot heals quickly. I would miss driving the Mustang. I did have an 87 for a few years.

Trip, I will have to take a drive to the Cape to see some of your creations.

Have a great sunday folks.

TM

Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Morning all. Hot as hades here again today. I can't wait for fall.

Trip, I wish you could have bought everything!

Donna, I hope you have sun today.

Luanne, I hope you figure out how to do everything you need to do this week.

Manuel, glad you and Henry had a good visit.

I took part of the day off yesterday. Decided to go to the library. They did not have what I wanted but still got lucky. I found a bunch of older books by Charlaine Harris that I had not read. I knew she had stuff that was older than the True Blood series but had not really thought about it much. Anyway, I've got a pile of books sitting here that should keep me happy for a while.

Judy, the new Mags/Aunt Jeep book by Rita Mae Brown will be out October 4.

Have not heard from Todd in a few days, so hope he is doing all right.

We are supposed to meet the new caregiver tomorrow. I hope dad takes a shine to her. It would be nice for him to have someone to talk to. We are going for compainionship at first. If that works out then babysitting when I need to go out and maybe some household chores thrown in later. The personal stuff will be left up to me until he no longer cares and I have to have help. Right now he cares a great deal and is just now letting me help him with some of this stuff.

Have a good day all.
Old July 10th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunshine, and temps in the 70s today. Calgary Stampede is in full swing, and the city is hopping.

Think I may pass on golf today and head to the Stampede, to walk the midway and test all the new weird deep fried odd foods, the mini donuts, candy floss, etc.

Heck, I may even take Mrs. Kuki with me
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Kuki, did you get to see Will & Kate at the Stamped the other day?

donna
Old July 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Not So Sunny Sunday

Good morning! I surely wish I could give Donna some of our heat and sun.

Moraine, thanks for the heads up on Brown's new book.

Trip, I can sympathize on wanting everything in sight. That happened to me yesterday at Nordstrom. But sometimes nothing appeals. Yesterday, I bought nothing for me but found a nice pair of shorts on sale for Keith.

I can smell the coffee and I see the Sunday paper beckoning to me.

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Judy
Old July 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning all and thank you so much for your concern, Moiraine. I too loved your hat Donna.

As you know I had nothing but a problem filled week last week but I had a commitment yesterday that I had to attend and boy, am I glad I did.

I went and helped out with the charity that I've perviously mentioned (karisheartfoundation.info) established by my cardiologistand good friend Jeff Schoondyke and his wife Jennifer in memory of their 7th month old daughter who died from congenital heart disease on Easter Sunday two years ago. This was the second year for this particular event. We all worked from seven in the morning and by the time I left at 10:30 last night they still had stuff to load up. Jeff was taking everyone to dinner but I declined as I had an hour and a half drive home and I had to feed my "children!"

One of their major projects is Tri-Cities Got Talent and it is not only sanctioned by but actually allied with NBC's America's Got Talent and operates within their considerable rules. The winner of the local contest is provided a try out with America's Got Talent. No waiting in line for them, however. They're taken right in!

The semi finals were performed yesterday up in Bristol TN with thirty entries. It is the most professionally run charitable event in which I've ever been involved. The local talent was amazing. The venue was perfect (the ballroom of the Holiday Inn in Bristol, TN). The finals are the 23rd at the Paramount Theater in Bristol and is a really a high class event with the judges in Tux's or cocktail gowns and all of the assistants to the fouteen finalists in dress suits and cocktail dresses. Each contestant (or group) is treated like a true celebrity at all times at that event.

Yesterday, they had a rock band play while the judges were having dinner and making their decisions. There were about a hundred people just at the semis. That band had them up dancing in the aisles, clapping, hollering singing, it was really something. I've never seen a band so quickly wind up an audience.

The members of the band were absolutely professional musicians! The Band consisted of four members. My cardiologist on lead guitar, the Biotronic tech (who helped install my ICD) was on the electric base guitar, a close friend (who plays in a band in Richmond comes over everytime the band performs) was the drummer and my cardiologist's wife, who has a degree in music sang and played the keyboard! I was nothing short of stunned. By nine last night everyone was completely exhausted and Jeff was sweating like a waterall....he never stopped all day (dressed in a suit as MC, at which he is perfect) then when it was over, into jeans and T-shirt. They have very expensive lights, instruments (the keyboard was five grand), enough speakers to blow the walls off a Cathedral, a professional mixer at the rear of the venue, what seems to be 18 million cords and leads, over head as well as stage lighting, etc., etc. Jeff walked off the stage last night, gave me a hug and said, "I bet you never knew your cardiologist was a rock guitarist!" I knew he played guitar but never in a million years, at the level he does.

Then, even though we were all exhausted, we had to dissassemble and load into their boxes and containers and then into trailers, everything!

Everyone, including even them worked like dogs all day and then the band re'dressed and performed!

I haven't worked so hard in fifteen years but what a feeling of satisfaction. I finally woke up at 10 this morning.

Prayers and Blessings for all continue, but of course!

Todd
Old July 10th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning folks.

It's been a busy morning already. We've already been to the store stocking up on stuff we need for today's cook-out. Yes, we actually have friends who will eat my food after I almost killed myself on Thursday.

I also need to get someone to drag my butt to the hardware store to pick up two new tie downs for the boat. One is starting to fray and I don't want it snapping if we are towing it. There are three more to hold the thing on the trailer but I am fairly anal about these things since I saw a $70,000+ boat fly off a trailer, on the freeway, when a strap snapped.

Donna: I don't think Kuki would go out of his way to see the Royals. He has his own Queen he can see any time he wants.

Well: Off I go to attack the day. It's going to be a hot one with a major chance of severe weather this afternoon. Have to enjoy the day before the storms hit.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from hot and sunny NY
Old July 10th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acapulco Kevin View Post
Well it is snowing here today in Acapulco.
The Acapulco bay has frozen over and we have been invaded by penguins.
Polar bears have migrated to the area so be careful on the ski slopes.

Since it is so cold outside we have decided to stay in and roast chestnuts on an open fire. Jack Frost will be stopping by for a Margarita later and we will feast on Walrus meat tacos.

Global warming has been fun this year... lol
The tequila must be quite good over there as well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
The tequila must be quite good over there as well.

TM
Absotively, posilutely!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013