Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tidings

Morning Mates, it's Tuesday and dull and cold with lots of rain in the forecast, not a very nice day in store around here.
Yesterday however, was perfect; not too hot, not too old, lots of sun, just enough cloud to cool us off, and a nice light breeze. It was a perfect day to be outside, which is where I spent my first day of work.

I am working with a small group of little ones, from age 1 1/2 ro 2 1/2, and boy are they cute! They are also very well behaved, which surprises me, and the day was not stressful in the least. I think I am going to be happy there...

donna
Old July 12th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and all those to follow. I am up very early this morning. It is hot and humid, even at 5:00 in the morning. Last nights weather report sounded like a game show. Guess how many more days of 100's we will have?

Donna, I am so glad that your day went well. They sure are cute at that age. There will be so many funny days, you might end up writing a book.
But... watch out for those terrible two's. All you need is a room full of them.

Today will be very busy for me. I even bought a day planner so I could keep up with all I have to do.

I hope all of you have a good one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 12th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and Luanne, and others to follow.

Donna, the weather that you are having is something else. My DW would not survive where you live. She would be happier where Luanne lives.
Actually she did live in that area when she was a kid. She was an Army brat so she lived in many places, but she can't take the cold.

Luanne how is your foot coming along?

TM

PS, have a nice day everybody

Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:31 AM
First Mate

Morning Donna, Luanne, Manuel and all of those that follow

Going to be another very hot and humid day here in Southern Ontario..guess it's preparing us for our cruise in September

Donna...sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun with those little ones.
Luanne...a day planner sounds like a good thing to have.
Manuel...guess your wife wouldn't like Ontario with our cold temps in the winter, but I love the changing seasons, guess it just depends what you've grown up with.

Hopefully the humidity will drop soon so I can get outside and get to my yard work. Donna......I'd gladly take some of those cooler days!

Have a great day everyone!!
Gail
Comet Cruiser

Last edited by Comet Cruiser; July 12th, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Donna, Luanne and Manuel along with all who followl

I'm so happy that your first day in your new job, Donna, was so very pleasant. Let's hope it continues. As for your weather today, as "Annie" sings, "The sun will come out tomorrow" or we can always hope that it will.

We too had violent thunderstorms last night and at one point the power went off. I awoke this morning to blinking clocks.

Today's forecast is calling for a high of around 97 with extreme humidity. My aging heat pump is getting a hell of a workout of late but so far so could. In retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have said that with the way my luck is running.

I knew Comet Cruiser that we'd all one day want cooler days in the summer but back in the middle of winter everyone was looking forward to summer. Now everybody's looking forward to the Fall!

Except for getting an INR (blood thickness test), house cleaning is on today's agenda. Today I'm going to try and attack the sun room (if it doesn't attack me first).

Hope everyone has a great day.

God Bless each of you and prayers for you who are on my list continue.

Todd
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Our beautiful weather is taking a break today. The clouds have moved in but they are not forecasting any real rain for today. Highs will be around 80 so that's a good thing.

Nothing too much on the agenda. I need to throw a can of SeaFoam in the boat. I had a little problem with the engine bogging down and I would have to choke it to clear it. Hopefully it's just a small clog in a carb jet. If the SeaFoam doesn't clear it then I'll have to pull the carbs and clean the jets. The nice thing about a good old carburetor engine is that it isn't hard to work on.

Otherwise that's about all.

Luanne: I hope the foot is doing better.
RollerDonna: I guess "The Maritimes" is living up to it's reputation.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well its a busy and hot week here too. The kids are in cooking class from 10-2 every day this week and then have Vacation Bible School every night from 5:30-8. They are having a ball!

Diet is going good... am now down 25 pounds and I can now fit back in to the dress I am wearing in my profile picture woohoo! I am gonna keep going though... I can always have the clothes taken in and made smaller. Unfortunately, you can't make them bigger lol.

I am hoping it is a little less hot and humid today, but in case that is an unrealistic expectation, the pool is ready to go.. Well I have to leave in about a half hour and I'm still in my jammies. I had better run! Have a great day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Morning all. Not much going so far. Well our cool down to 97 or 98 for tomorrow does not look like it's going to happen. It's looking like Luanne's stretched out 100s. I don't really know why they don't tell you that in the first place. Guess they want to give a person some hope.

The caregiver yesterday did not work out. She was nice enough and had plenty of experience but looked like she was scared to death of cats. The agency had failed to tell her I had cats. I knew from the look on her face when she saw them it was a no go. She told me she'd see me today but told the woman at the agency she was allergic to cats. Yeah right. I know terror when I see it.

This agency has an excellent rep, but they are literally opening the office here in town, so there are going to be some problems. I think they sent the firt person that passed the test. Another person will come today to meet us if she is not scared of animals and passes their test. The people at the agency were embarassed that they sent someone that would not work. I told them to take their time. My dad does not want a caregiver. He started talking about going home after the woman left anway.

Oh well. In other news. Emmett is growing like a weed. He's going to be a huge brute, well, powder puff. He's a big sweet, silly boy. Spot, the twenty pound house dog is a fierce beast. If we ever had a break in it would be Spot taking the bad guys down. Emmett would just want to be petted. He is quite the goober.

Have a good day all.
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

The foot comtinues to get better. It still doesn't look so good, but at least I am able to remove the bandages, and let it breath.

I hope to complete today's workout, without it giving me fits. Thanks for all the concern.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! RAIN is the operative word for Calgary this week.

Began a golf game yesterday, and wouldn't you know it, I was having the game of my life when on the 5th hole the skies opened up. We went in to the clubhouse to have lunch and see if the rain would pass, but it POURED, and they closed the course.

The Alberta Ladies Championship tournament was supposed to begin there today, but I just saw the course is closed because there was just too much water, and it's forecast to continue raining until Fri.

Today I'll finish up my blog due tomorrow, and do some house cleaning. Not too exciting.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Hotville,NY where its expected to hit 102 today .