CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   USA USA USA USA in world cup final YEAH! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/383729-usa-usa-usa-usa-world-cup-final-yeah.html)

katlady July 14th, 2011 11:49 AM

USA USA USA USA in world cup final YEAH!
 
So the USA Women's national team is in the World Cup Final. :mrgreen:

They had a tough road to get there. The game against brazil the US goolkeeper Hope Solo blocked a penalty kick (she is amazing). Then the referee called it back, which was a messed up call in my opinion. So the game ended 1-1 tie so two 15 minute halfs of overtime were played. Brazil scores so now it's 2-1. Then one of the Brazil players lays on the ground trying to eat time of the clock my faking an injury (this happens alot in soccer/futbol).:evil: Which leaves 3 minutes of injury time. About a 1 or 2 into the injury time Abby Wambach (USA) scores the tying goal.:D So now it's a penalty shot out. USA makes all their penalty kicks. Hope Solo saves one of the penalty shots from Brazil. USA wins!!!

USA moves on to play France. Boy was that an exciting game. France played really well. In the start of the second half the game was tied 1-1 and I really thought France might beat us.:shock: But we scored 2 unanswered goals and now we are in the final game to the World Cup. :D

The Final Match will be played on Sunday at 2PM eastern time. GO USA!!!!
U.S. Advances to Women's World Cup Final - FoxNews.com

Manuel July 14th, 2011 11:57 AM











I have been watching all the games and they have been pretty exciting.
The women have come a long way and they are playing a fast and skilled type of game.
I am looking forward to sunday's game.

TM
















LisaK July 14th, 2011 12:24 PM

Way to go!

venice July 14th, 2011 12:54 PM

I ;)love;) the eyes of goal keeper Ms. Solo..oh yea, I watch the match also

Haimia July 14th, 2011 01:23 PM

Soccer/futbol is one sport I do watch and understand! :rolleyes: My DD#2 played this game from the time she was six years old all the way through four years of college on partial scholarship. She is now reffing games as a way to stay involved and plays on intermural teams while in graduate school.

Can't wait to see USA win on Sunday!

katlady July 14th, 2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1381453)
I ;)love;) the eyes of goal keeper Ms. Solo..oh yea, I watch the match also

She is my hubby's favorite too.LOL I like her cause she is one of the best goal keepers I have ever seen. Saving to Penalty kicks in one game is amazing.
http://shinguardian.files.wordpress....ope-solo-6.jpg
I have a co worker who is a fan of Alex morgan
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedi...lex-morgan.jpg

katlady July 14th, 2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haimia (Post 1381460)
Soccer/futbol is one sport I do watch and understand! :rolleyes: My DD#2 played this game from the time she was six years old all the way through four years of college on partial scholarship. She is now reffing games as a way to stay involved and plays on intermural teams while in graduate school.

Can't wait to see USA win on Sunday!

I suppose to leave to go camping on Sunday :shock: I think I will try and talk the hubby until waiting after the game.

Manuel July 14th, 2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady (Post 1381470)
I suppose to leave to go camping on Sunday :shock: I think I will try and talk the hubby until waiting after the game.

You most certainly should!

TM

venice July 14th, 2011 06:13 PM

Kat...just show your hubby the pictures you posted and I don't think he will mind delaying your trip for a few hours :rofl:

katlady July 14th, 2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1381535)
Kat...just show your hubby the pictures you posted and I don't think he will mind delaying your trip for a few hours :rofl:

Dude that totally worked. Thanks for the advice.
Men are so easy. roflroflrofl That game starts here at 11AM Pacific time. We will leave right after the game ends and he gets his Hope Solo fix.LOL

Manuel July 14th, 2011 09:17 PM

I like Hope Solo myself.

Of course I also think that she is an excellent goalkeeper.

TM

venice July 15th, 2011 12:59 AM

Kat..I'll let you in on a little secret...he was always planning on watching the match..he just was waiting for you to ask him:shock: it is the patriotic duty of every red blooded American male to support our Women's World Cup team on Sunday..we have to do something to replace our football jones...funny that most American men (born and raised ) did not watch the Men's World Cup but we are trying to make up for it now

the USA has such a height advantage (but not speed)..I predict it will be a great match, USA will win on penalty kicks and Ms. Solo will sign an endorsement deal with an optical company

my neighbor's 9 year old daughter is the goalie for her soccer team and she is planning a big party for Sunday...I went online to try to buy an official team jersey for her and they cost more than an NFL Saints Reggie Bush SuperBowl jersey.. hate to see how much they will cost when the USA wins on Sunday

this is a big deal for young girls who play sports

Manuel July 15th, 2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1381583)
this is a big deal for young girls who play sports

Yes it is!

And it's also a big deal for sports fans like myself. :D

Go USA!

TM

katlady July 15th, 2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1381583)
Kat..I'll let you in on a little secret...he was always planning on watching the match..he just was waiting for you to ask him:shock: it is the patriotic duty of every red blooded American male to support our Women's World Cup team on Sunday..we have to do something to replace our football jones...funny that most American men (born and raised ) did not watch the Men's World Cup but we are trying to make up for it now

the USA has such a height advantage (but not speed)..I predict it will be a great match, USA will win on penalty kicks and Ms. Solo will sign an endorsement deal with an optical company

my neighbor's 9 year old daughter is the goalie for her soccer team and she is planning a big party for Sunday...I went online to try to buy an official team jersey for her and they cost more than an NFL Saints Reggie Bush SuperBowl jersey.. hate to see how much they will cost when the USA wins on Sunday

this is a big deal for young girls who play sports

Japan is really good this year. They play a possession game which is also the USA's style. It will be interesting to see which team holds the ball.

Japan is fast but USA has a real good fitness level. They played Brazil with 10 players into overtime and Brazil looked more tired at the end of that game. So if the game goes into overtime USA may have an advantage.

Japan biggest advantage is they aren't expected to win. Because of that they have nothing to lose, they can play all out with no pressure. USA is a world power in women's soccer so there is more pressure on them to win. They should not underestitmate how good Japan is because Japan's passing, ball control, speed, and set plays are excellent.

It's great to see a female sport that is accepted worldwide. The stands have been filled in Germany. That's a great thing for the sport.:D

LisaK July 15th, 2011 11:28 AM

love that picture of Hope Solo, she looks like a supermodel

venice July 15th, 2011 01:57 PM

Kat...excellent pre game analysis..the problem in this Country is that women's sports are an event and not incorporated into our culture (like NFL football)..these talented female athletes will disappear 1 week after Sunday's game never to be heard from again (except at next years ESPN ESPY awards)..the other challenge is that there are so many misguided stereotypes about female athletes (remember the Olympic games when the Iron Curtain was in effecti.e. the East German teams), that the media has turned to promoting s*x over talent..I bet Ms. Solo will get a call from Hugh Hefner but the male goalie of the USA World Soccer Cup team won't

it's fortunate, that due to your outstanding training of your husband (i.e. water torture :rofl::rofl:) when he watches the match on Sunday he will only be watching the incredible athletic play and nothing else

if Japan is leading 4-1 with a minute to go, tv's will be turned off in droves and outside of the real fans, no one will care..fyi the 1999 Women World Cup champions did an exhibition tour before they went to the World Cup and they came to New Orleans and put on a clinic for Special Olympics female athletes..it was awesome and yes I have a Mia Hamm singed poster in my den

katlady July 15th, 2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1381634)
Kat...excellent pre game analysis..the problem in this Country is that women's sports are an event and not incorporated into our culture (like NFL football)..these talented female athletes will disappear 1 week after Sunday's game never to be heard from again (except at next years ESPN ESPY awards)..the other challenge is that there are so many misguided stereotypes about female athletes (remember the Olympic games when the Iron Curtain was in effecti.e. the East German teams), that the media has turned to promoting s*x over talent..I bet Ms. Solo will get a call from Hugh Hefner but the male goalie of the USA World Soccer Cup team won't

it's fortunate, that due to your outstanding training of your husband (i.e. water torture :rofl::rofl:) when he watches the match on Sunday he will only be watching the incredible athletic play and nothing else

if Japan is leading 4-1 with a minute to go, tv's will be turned off in droves and outside of the real fans, no one will care..fyi the 1999 Women World Cup champions did an exhibition tour before they went to the World Cup and they came to New Orleans and put on a clinic for Special Olympics female athletes..it was awesome and yes I have a Mia Hamm singed poster in my den

You are totally right on this. 3 of the French women team's players appeared nude in a French magazine to promote the sport. Meanwhile none of the male French soccer players needed to do the same thing. It's a shame that the female athletes have to go to such extremes to promote the sport.:x Or at the very least I want the male soccer players doing nude photo shots. It's only fair.;)

I went to the 1999 world cup games that were played in California including the Semi Final game USA against Brazil. It was an exciting match. The final was played in LA so I missed that game.

venice July 15th, 2011 05:04 PM

Kat...I think you should start a non profit to raise funds for the next Women's World Cup Team in 2015 by having all of your favorite male World Cup players posing nude for a calendar :rofl::rofl:

Lakers Fan July 15th, 2011 05:39 PM

If I was going to be home this sunday I would have watched my first ever female soccer team game .

Snoozeman July 15th, 2011 05:40 PM

Good luck to the women's team on Sunday!!:)

Manuel July 15th, 2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1381663)
If I was going to be home this sunday I would have watched my first ever female soccer team game .

Enjoy your cruise and I will watch the game.

TM

venice July 15th, 2011 10:08 PM

just like the SuperBowl..the World Cup Match will be televised on all the major cruise ships

Manuel July 15th, 2011 10:18 PM

I have watched some championship soccer (football ) games on ships.

TM

Lakers Fan July 15th, 2011 11:13 PM

Less than 2 days
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1381699)
Enjoy your cruise and I will watch the game.

TM

I'm looking forward to it .

Manuel July 16th, 2011 09:21 PM

I am all set to watch the game tomorrow.

Looking forward to it very much.


TM

Manuel July 17th, 2011 08:40 PM

:(...:shock:...:x...:?:...:confused:

TM

ToddDH July 17th, 2011 08:56 PM

Taking nothing away from Japan and knowing little about soccer, I feel it is a game the US should have won.

Todd

venice July 18th, 2011 07:29 AM

Kat's earlier posting about Japan having no pressure since they were not expected to get this far is right on target..what they did have was pressure to win to uplift their Country..much like the New Orleans Saints during their successful SuperBowl year for the Gulf Coast

Dave The Wave has offered USA team goalie Hope Solo, a free weekend cruise on his private yacht 'Minnow of the Seas" to console her

give credit where due to the team representing Japan

Manuel July 18th, 2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1381995)
give credit where due to the team representing Japan

Venice, you are quite right!

The Us played a good game, but the Japanese ladies were able to hang on and they are to be congratulated.

The US second place finish is nothing to be ashamed of.

TM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1