Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Default Thank God it's Friday!

Morning Mates, really, never have I been so anxious to see the end of a work week. I am in so much pain, from my lower back right around to the front. I have to make a decision today whether or not I'm going to be able to continue with this job. I love it, but the bending and squatting and lifting is just killing me. Guess I'm not as young as I think I am!

Anyway...we are having fall temperatures in the middle of July. Today, like yesterday, will be a high of 14C or 57F. We are dressed in long pants and big fleecy sweaters outside, and the little ones almost need mittens, it's ridiculous! Where did summer go?

Hoping you're all having a better week than me - roll on the weekend!

donna
Old July 15th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from the great state of Texas, where it will be another 103 in the shade.

On this date, 23 years ago I was given the most beautiful baby boy. He came into our lies, and changed us forever. No more quiet days, no more sleeping in, but most important, no more wish for more children. He completed our family. It was never a dull day with Joe. He had to be entertained, and there was no such thing as just sitting around. I did not bond with Joe, like I had with Josh, until he opened his eyes, and then I was hooked, just like so many others. I use to tell his teachers, not to fall into the bright eyes look Joe could give, because they could make you forget what he had done wrong.

I did not know on that day, that he would only be ours for a short time. I had no way of knowing that he was only here long enough to effect peoples lives, to show love and understanding, and to be a friend to those who needed one so bad.

He's been gone 2 1/2 years now, and every day I realize how truely blessed we were to have him in our lives. I never feel along any more, because he now travels with me in my heart. Thank you God for sending me an angel.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 15th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm, but comfortable Connecticut.

RD, you need to cpmpletely relax this weekend.

Luanne, all I can say is God bless you and Jim.
You have handled your loss quite well. I don't know how I would handle the loss of one of my children ( they are adults but still children to me).

To all Cruisemates I wish you a wonderful friday.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old July 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning
It's been a great couple days as far as weather goes but were due to heat up into the 90's.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Morning all,,,

I've been mia for awhile but just wanted to check in and say Hi !!!

Lots of big changes in our life,,, so we have been busy,,,the 1st change is I have retired from working. Yeah !! Have even gotten my 1st SS check,,,but looks like I might not get a 2ed one,,

The 2ed big change is we are living almost full time up at our weekend place on the Rappahannock River. My Dh accepted a job here at our resort selling campers. It's a wonderful job as it's seasonal,,,we can do this all summer and go to Fla. for the winter. Perfect !!!

Our oldest grandson has been spending allot of time here with us this summer,,,so that is a good thing too,,,Life is good !!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Prayers to those in need & a special one for Luanne today.

Jo

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old July 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Admiral

good morning all and TGIF. Donna sorry to hear that your back is still acting up, might be worth a call into your doctor, with all the bending, lifting that you haven't done in the past, maybe some sort of back support would help????
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Gorgeous weather has returned, with temps heading into the 80s F.

Had taken my mother's car in yesterday due to a recall, and they didn't get to it, so they will today, and I'll have to head over to pick it up.

Can't lose a nice day to golf, so that's on my schedule for today as well

Luanne.. not an easy day for you, but I hope you continue to rechoice in the good, rather than the pain. Good on you.
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Donna, I strongly suggest you have your back checked out. You're certainly not that old! I second Manuel's suggestion Big Time!

Luanne, you know my heart is with you and Jim on this day. God Bless you both!

Well, gotta' get back to housekeeping. My niece DeAnna is coming over today and I want the house to at least be somewhat presentable!

Hope everyone has a marvelous weekend and of course Prayers and Blessings continue.

Todd
Old July 15th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Default Thank God It's Friday

Good morning. It's overcast and chilly, something different for July in SoCal, but the weather mavens say it'll be over 100 by Monday.

We've been in San Diego for the last couple of days and didn't take the laptop. It was cold there, too We spent a little time on the U.S.Naval Carrier Midway. This was grueling and exhausting and way too many stairs. I finally gave up.

Donna, I agree with the others: go to a doctor, and rethink the job. No job is worth your health.

Luanne, my thoughts are with you today.

And speaking of health, I'm not feeling too well this morning and may go back to bed, but I hope everyone else is doing well.

Judy
Old July 15th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from hot and sunny NY