Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Double Digit Dougie Dance !!!

it's 235 am and I cannot sleep and I would like to think it's because that since it's 99 days until my Capital Jazz SuperCruise on the Carnival Valor, I stayed awake to do the Dougie dance in honor of Doug E. Fresh who will be performing on our cruise, but the truth is for the last few weeks I have not been able to sleep thru the night and will be seeing my Doctor on Monday..usually I read a book and listen to music but I will not be picking up my new book until Tuesday (Absolute Monarchs by John Julis Norwich) which is a less then holy look at the history of the Catholic Popes (good reading for a former Catholic alter boy)..also in a post Katrina New Orleans, getting to see a Doctor takes months and I was lucky it only took me 3 weeks

so an early good morning from New Orleans to all of my CruiseMates..while you were sleeping it was announced that Jennifer Lopez has split from Marc Anthony so I have sent an urgent tweet to my friend Dave The Wave to let him know he is free to pursue her
it's still too darn hot to do anything so I will stay inside today where it is cool..have a great day
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Good (later) morning Venice, and I can certainly empathize with you and your sleepless nights. I have at least 3 or 4 of them a week, it is very tiring to say the least.
I can also understand your excitement over your DDM status! Unfortunately, I am still in the triple digits....

Well, it is a repeat performance weather-wise here; another cold, gray, wet and miserable day in the middle of July. 14C or 57F is more like October than July and I am sick of it. The news says there is a heat wave headed our way by next week, but I'll believe it when I see it!

I am very glad it is the weekend, weather or no. I barely survived my 1st week of the new job and have made the decision to give in my notice and leave as soon as possible. My health is not worth it, and there are other issues as well. Early retirement is looking good to me.....

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, and better weather than we have!

donna
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY . Alas its true that Jennifer Lopez has split from Marc Anthony .Jennifer loves living in Long Island (about 20 minutes from where I am) .Marc hates the area .
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning Venice and Donna and all who follow.

For years, I too used to have a terrible time sleeping but between my weight loss and a combination of medications, I have been sleeping well of late.

Having said that, my niece and I didn't get to bed until around four this morning. Being the last person on planet Earth to get and I-Pod, she and her husband gave me one already downloaded with over 500 songs, 99 percent of which I love because both DeAnna and I have a very wide genre' of music (yes Venice, even Jazz). I guess it's in our genes.

Anyway I got a sound dock and she spent the evening and most of the night transferring what's on my I-Pod to my new computer. All but thirteen didn't transfer. That took some major techie initiative and she was consulting with a computer wizard who lives and breathes such things.

Now I have to get from probably Radio Shack a connection that will connect my Sound Dock to my cigarette lighter as the one I got does not have battery capacity (those cost real money!). She has her I-Pod directly wired into her BMW's speaker system. My new Sound Dock is only about ten inches wide but the fidelity is awesome and I could probably come close to blowing out the windows of my car.

She's also at some point, going to find a way to transfer my You-Tube downloads (about thirty numbers) to I-Tunes which will take some major techie stuff. I do hope she's successful because some of my stuff is not even for sale on I-Tunes (or anywhere else that I know of for that matter).

Anyway, I'm going to end up being able to travel listening to my music in the car by placing the Sound Dock probably in the center of my back seat. DeAnna is going to help me create play lists of the various genre's and I'll be able to control it with the remote. A lot of the music she has she downloaded early in the computer age when everyone was uploading and downloading everything prior to all of the controls and laws, etc., being enacted to prevent that. I have songs that one cannot even find anywhere anymore at any price, such as stuff from the late twenties and into the thirties.

Obviously, I'm now hooked as are tens of millions.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and that you Donna, use the weekend to rest!

Prayers to all those one the list and a request for Blessings on all of my beloved Cruisemates continue!

Todd
Old July 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Double Digit Dougie Dance!

Good morning! Overcast here in SoCal, but that'll burn off. Yesterday was a beauty and I spent it sick.

Todd, I would love to have music from my iPod in my car. But not only do neither of us know how to do it, but the iPod is old, so I don't know if it's even possible.

Keith has long gone to Riverside. Since Carmegadon has begun, I don't dare go to Pasadena for fear of getting stuck in fearsome traffic, since people can't use the 405. Well, there's plenty to do at home . . .

Have a nice Saturday.

Judy

Old July 16th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old July 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates

I wish all a nice weekend.

RD, you need to stop working and take a vacation in a warm spot.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 16th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Todd, my friend..you are hooked..my son (Mr Technology) hooked up my 2003 VW beetle so I can play my Sony MP3 player thru the car's sound system..so it's funny as heck because when I pull up to a light next to a teenagers car with his music blasting, I can bombard him with some very loud Sly & The Family Stone..also, I seem to drive faster when the music is faster and louder (watch out you don't get some speeding tickets)

the new 21st Century (2012) VW Beetle comes out in September..I preorder one that includes the Fender Premium Audio Sound System that includes in it's touchscreen navigation a feature call "Clouds" which as my son explains it pulls your desired music from the sky, so you have unlimited storage...I paid more for the sound system in the 2012 then I did for a brand new 1973 Superbeetle total
my common sense told me to purchase a 2011 VW CC (the 4 door sporty Passsat) that comes with automatic transmission (or as my grandson loves to tell me the "old people car") but my heart convinced me to buy the 6 speed shift stick beetle turbo (my grandson tells me when I get to old to shift the gears, he will do it for me)
Old July 16th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Admiral

How old is your grandson, Venice?
Old July 16th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Admiral

8 going on 38:o..he is the joy of his Dad and my life and he loves smooth jazz already and for his 2nd birthday I brought him one of those little black VW beetle mortorize cars that he drove his Mother crazy driving into the walls of their home
Old July 16th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Ooh, I love to buy children things that will drive their parents nuts. I especially enjoyed buying stuff like that for my now grown niece. I can't wait for her kids and for my daughter's kids. Your grandson sounds like a lot of fun. I know you enjoy every second.
Old July 17th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Admiral

I was very Blessed to have a great Dad and Grand Dad (we called him Poppy)...I model my father/grandfather roles after them