CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Anything making you cranky now? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/383928-anything-making-you-cranky-now.html)

Trip July 26th, 2011 03:04 PM

Anything making you cranky now?

Last year when I booked airfare for the Epic, I joined the spirit club to get the best pricing. My bad not reading the fine print which said, you automatically get enrolled each year, unless canceled.

So, we got no form of reminder at all, & Bruce remembered after the date. I called, and was told NO refund, NO way, NO how.

I figured I would eat this yr, but not have this boo boo happen again. When I asked to cancel it for next year, I was told their computers are not set up to do that. They could cancel it now,and then I would not be able to use it this year. I would have to call next July, a day or two, before the membership would click, in...again, with no reminder!!!

So, I decided to dispute it with my debit card,and went to the bank. They said...2 days till $60.00 comes back to the account, and, they will fight it, and, hopefully win:)

So, anything making you cranky, this summer?

Manuel July 26th, 2011 03:38 PM

Trip, I hope that you get that issue resolved.
You should not have such a thing to make you cranky on your special day.

I hope that you are having a good birthday oytherwise.

TM

Manuel July 26th, 2011 03:44 PM

Personally, I am not cranky. I am enjoying the summer and I am also enjoying my retirement.
We have been on two wonderful cruises this year and have a trip to Italy scheduled for the fall, we will spend the winter in Florida and take advantage of little trips that come our way.

All I can say is that life is good.

TM

Donna July 26th, 2011 07:20 PM

Trip,
Keep us posted on that, hope you win. I think they purposely don't remind you, so this exact thing happens, and over and over again, just not fair or good business.

I had an issue recently with a major retailer...Had ordered 2 pairs of Levi's jeans and promptly got my order, but with only one pair inside the box. Called the company and they had to investigate, starting with UPS who shipped it. I told them, the box was not opened up and the weight on it, would only be for one pair and that my receipt inside the box had the one pair checked off. Well, after waiting 2 weeks, I had to call again, only to find out that yes, it was their mistake, not UPS and that who ever filled the order, didn't bother to fill out anything noting that only one pair was shipped. Mean while, I don't want to re-order until I get a credit or the pants, they are already paid for....Again, I didn't think this was good customer service, I already told them the weight was maked on the box and that it was too small for it to be 2 pairs of pants.....Needless to say, I ordered another pair from a different store and am still waiting on them.....OY.

CruisinK n J July 26th, 2011 09:39 PM

Anything Making You Cranky Now?

Yes, this whole cat fight about the debt ceiling and budget. They're all snarling and yowling at each other and not achieving anything important or significant.

Judy

fun2cruiz July 26th, 2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruisinK n J (Post 1383605)
Yes, this whole cat fight about the debt ceiling and budget. They're all snarling and yowling at each other and not achieving anything important or significant.

Judy

I agree....makes $60 seem "annoying" at best ! :roll:

Trip July 26th, 2011 09:50 PM

Zing!......cranky, annoying... tomatoes/ tomahtoes:)

fun2cruiz July 26th, 2011 10:47 PM

and potatoes/potatos !
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Lakers Fan July 26th, 2011 11:17 PM

I am almost never cranky .Life is too short to dwell on negativity . One of my friends passed away last month at age 60 ,much too young .

Aidan July 27th, 2011 03:12 AM

Just read that Glen Beck is comparing the victims of the Norway massacre ... the VICTIMS, to Hitler youth.

God bless American right-wing nuts.

Manuel July 27th, 2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidan (Post 1383633)
Just read that Glen Beck is comparing the victims of the Norway massacre ... the VICTIMS, to Hitler youth.

That comparison comes from a sick mind.

TM

ruthlessboss July 27th, 2011 08:01 AM

I get cranky at my employer for the new days off policy. If one nurse has a day or days off okayed, another one can't have the same one off, regardless of what shift. Recently got turned down because someone on another shift claimed it. This really interferes with being able to book cruises during the up coming low prices season.

Moiraine July 27th, 2011 08:46 AM

The heat. Happens every year.

venice July 27th, 2011 09:15 AM

Aidan...ignore Glen Beck..since he got fired from his tv show he will say anything to get media attention

ruthlessboss..does your job have a day trade policy ?

Henry..I concur..life is just to short to let other people or things upset you..having a heart attack helps me to keep that perspective

ruthlessboss July 27th, 2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1383656)
Aidan...ignore Glen Beck..since he got fired from his tv show he will say anything to get media attention

ruthlessboss..does your job have a day trade policy ?

Henry..I concur..life is just to short to let other people or things upset you..having a heart attack helps me to keep that perspective

They make it hard now to trade. My problem lies in how can I trade when the cruise is in Nov? Also, in order to have someone work for me, it has to be equal status (RN to RN) due to regulations of having at least 1 RN in the building. I booked one then, can't wait till then for an okay. I also quickly booked one in Dec for 7 days (found a roomie). I'm about to talk with changing my full time status for per diem, though it means loss of benefits. I may be forced into retirement because of this cruising thing. I'm getting "up there" and need to do something except work, while I'm in reasonable health.

venice July 27th, 2011 11:58 AM

understand about getting ;)up there;) and all work and no play...perhaps if all of the RN's felt the same way as a group you could come up with a solution and present it to managment (don't worry something will work out so you can cruise in December)

ruthlessboss July 27th, 2011 05:07 PM

I work to cruise, but can't cruise while working. I booked solo for Ecstasy Nov 26, that was my turning point of deciding, I wanted to go that bad. Then 3 days ago, a deal for Liberty came up, had a confirmed roomie, threw my hands up and booked it for Dec 3!! I've never been on 2 so close, but fall is the season for great prices. Said, oh well. Can't wait. Hope I'll still be employed at least part time.

venice July 27th, 2011 07:07 PM

I know cruiselines use to do deals (free or reduced cabins iin exchange for clinic hours) with Doctors do they do deals with RN's ?

Lakers Fan July 27th, 2011 09:04 PM

RN's never get the respect they deserve ,IMHO.

Manuel July 27th, 2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1383724)

I second that emotion.

TM

Lakers Fan July 27th, 2011 11:33 PM

I knew that :)

Manuel July 28th, 2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1383754)
I knew that :)

You read my mind.

TM

Lakers Fan July 28th, 2011 10:12 AM

Manuel

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1383778)
You read my mind.

TM

"Great minds think alike"

On our next get together you will find out we share more things in common . It increases the more we get to know each other .

Trip August 1st, 2011 05:29 PM

The way my bank decided to handle Spirit Air's Lack of customer service was to cancel my debit card, and, reissued a new one that day...no waiting like we used to have to do.

This way, they cannot withdraw any funds for next year...The money for this year, was put back in my acct, and I hope it stays there...Let the bank fight it out:)

Donna August 1st, 2011 09:13 PM

Trip,
That should work, the account attached to the deal is no longer a good account....Sometimes, you have to play ball in their court, good for you.

Aidan August 2nd, 2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1383724)

??? Who disrespects RNs?

Lakers Fan August 2nd, 2011 10:39 AM

RN's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidan (Post 1384742)
??? Who disrespects RNs?

If you know anyone who is an RN ,please ask them

ruthlessboss August 2nd, 2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidan (Post 1384742)
??? Who disrespects RNs?

Many people are harassed by families. They don't realize we are the doctor's connection. They want their loved one cured yesterday. Then there's the ones fussing over a missing piece of clothing, or why can't the doctor come now? I work in a rehab/nursing home. One family member got out of control recently because her mother tried to get out of bed unattended and fell. Oh, the verbals we got.
Most don't realize what's going on in our heads, the constant assessments being made, while it appears we are just standing there or detecting change in physical and/or mental status so we can let a doctor know.

Lakers Fan August 2nd, 2011 10:53 AM

My posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthlessboss (Post 1384759)
Many people are harassed by families. They don't realize we are the doctor's connection. They want their loved one cured yesterday. Then there's the ones fussing over a missing piece of clothing, or why can't the doctor come now? I work in a rehab/nursing home. One family member got out of control recently because her mother tried to get out of bed unattended and fell. Oh, the verbals we got.
Most don't realize what's going on in our heads, the constant assessments being made, while it appears we are just standing there or detecting change in physical and/or mental status so we can let a doctor know.

My posts are not just my opinion . My wife was an RN for 30+ years