Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Smile Sunday July 31st.

Good morning mates.

We are having another gorgeous day. It's warm and sunny with little humidity. It would be wonderful if this could last all year long, but since we don't live in Hawaii, it does not.

Three weeks from tomorrow we will be going to Palm Coast Fl. to look at some properties. Hopefully we will find something that we like and in our price range.

I wish you all a wonderful sunday and a great month of august as well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2011, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all, and a very Happy birthday to Harry Potter! I've read those books so many times, I will always remember his birthday! :-)

Yesterday was a pig of a day, cool, cloudy, windy, and finally heavy rain was the order of the day.
Today we are promised sunshine and nicer temps but at the moment, it's only 17C (62F)with a lot of cloud.

Sun. morning is my clean the house time, which I will do carefully since my lower back is still not right.
After lunch I head over to the Ship Hector to meet and greet the tourists this afternoon. I love volunteering there, you get to meet so many people from so many places.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

donna
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning Manuel, Rollerdonna and all who follow.

Good luck on your property search, Manuel. You should have "good pickin's" as Florida has been one of the worst states hit by the Recession vis-a-vis real estate.

R/D, don't press any physical issues, please, until your back gets better!

Today is again going to be about 90 with very high humidity. I cut the grass early Thursday afternoon and was absolutely dripping by the time I finished.

I really have to get my act in gear today when it comes to cleaning and packing as I leave for my journey to the Cleveland Clinic tomorrow.. After spending the night with my brother, his daughter, my adored niece DeAnn, and I head due North early Tuesday morning. Will be home a week from tomorrow but am taking my laptop so I should keep in touch.

I hope to find some answers to my increasing debilitation which may only be a result of my age the results of which I refuse to accept. I am also really looking forward to the trip because DeAnna is such a ray of sunshine (to which Beenie-Weenie and her family will attest) and we have such fun together which is probably what I need the most. We'll be making a "whirlwind" stop in Indianapolis upon our return from Cleveland.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and a hassle free and productive week.

Prayers and Blessings continue as always.

Todd
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a sunny, warm Texas. I have been busy this morning with lawn watering. I checked a few minutes ago, and the birds were enjoying the water as well.

On my agenda, after church, is to do something about the garage. It is a mess, and needs to all be thrown away.

Donna, I do hope your back pain is under control soon.

Todd, Please have a safe trip. You know I love you.

Manuel, That is such a beautiful place to live. I want pictures as soon as you find the ideal place. Do you golf? It seemed to have more than it's share of golf courses.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 31st, 2011, 10:45 AM
Captain

We are home from out overnight campout with the 2 grandaughters. Decided to head home early before it got too hot. We had a great time and the girls were on their best behavior. Spent all day yesterday at the waterpark having a great time. Found out the youngest is a real dare-devil when it comes to those waterslides! I myself like just floating on the lazy river!
Not much on the agenda for the rest of the day. D/H will probably go play some golf later. I may take the girls to my sisters so they can swim in her nice big pool. I will try and get some peeks at the NASCAR race from Indy. Need to check and see who has the pole this week.

Manuel, hope you find just what you want in Fl.
RD, easy on the back but enjoy your afternoon with Hector!
LuAnne, have fun cleaning the garage and when you get yours done you can come do mine! Don't know where all that stuff comes from that accumulates there.
Todd, you have a safe and fun trip. Tell DeAnn we said HI and we are so sorry that we can not make connections with you this time. Good luck and hope those Drs. can get you back in shape!

Everyone have a good Sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday July 31st

Good morning! Well, the weather mavens said we'd see "some weather" today, and so we do. It's raining. Certainly not a gulley washer at this time of year, but all the green things will love whatever few or many drops they get.

Our usual Sunday routine will continue: read the paper, do the crossword, do some side work on the Wright Flyer Project, and read in the Kindle. I was kept awake with wheezing and coughing which is either allergies or a sinus infection.

I hope everybody has a nice Sunday.

Judy

Old July 31st, 2011, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Good Morning/Afternoon Cruisemates!
Just got home from church. I got an early morning distress call from the video gal, saying the projector was not playing nice with the computer. It seems a storm a few days ago hosed up a splitter switch thingy so I woke d/h up to go down and help before the start of services and I followed a few minutes behind. It took a while but we figured it out and got it running, but I think we need to order another switch and maybe a backup, just in case.

So of course I had to make a comment to my daughter who is trying really hard to lose weight, that I was very sorry that all of the cookies and cakes and junk that is put out for the kids this morning are extremely poor choices for anyone, especially first thing in the morning. I also said that fruit or something with a little protein might be a better idea. Of course I did not know the woman who put out all the sugar laden stuff was standing nearby and took offense at what I said. Sorry but it is junk and of course as adults we are perfectly capable of resisting that stuff or accepting the consequences... It is not that simple when dealing with small children. So needless to say, I am not very popular with the sugar coma lady.

So now I am home and in a bit I will face the 100+ degree heat index and head out with an old friend to Champaign, for an afternoon of shopping. D/H is thrilled. He knows if I am occupied he will be left alone to sit in the recliner and watch the Formula 1 (I think) Race. Lucky guy!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 31st, 2011, 03:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post

Manuel, That is such a beautiful place to live. I want pictures as soon as you find the ideal place. Do you golf? It seemed to have more than it's share of golf courses.

Luanne
I will try to send you a picture. What I ecpect to do in Florida is have a nice garden. I love to plant things and take care of them and watch them grow.
Here in the Northeast, the season is very short.

I admire the way you take care of the lawn and take care of the birds.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old July 31st, 2011, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Good evening from NY .I spent much of the day preparing my scrapbook of pictures ,postcards ,etc from my cruise last week.
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Evening all. Hope you all had a wonderful day.