Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Default Beautiful monday morning! 8-1-2011

Good morning Mates

We are getting a beautiful start to a new month.
I hope that August turns out to be great month for everyone

Hopefully some common sense will prevail in DC and a huge mess does not happen.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Manuel,

I appears the crisis may be ending. Let's hope so. It's about time everyone started acting like adults...if only for a few days anyway.

It's on the road for me this morning. I'll be in touch via my laptop. I'm hoping (and don't expect) this visit to the Cleveland Clinic will result in any major goings on but we'll find out when I get there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week and those on my prayer list as well as a sincere request for Blessings upon all, continue.

Todd
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's been a rough few days. My son went into the hospital on Thursday and it looks like he'll be there for a few more days. We've been spending most of our time there but it looks like the worst is over and he is on the mend.

It is another hot day here in Minnesota. Gee: It's Summer so what do we expect. I have some business to take care of today, try and get the lawn mowed and I committed to help my nephew finish moving to his new place. He has his trailer full of stuff parked by the side of my house and my family room has the contents of his bedroom.

Well I better get moving. I hope everyone has a great Monday and a fantastic week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 1st, 2011, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, Todd, I wish you all the best in your medical quest this week, I'll be thinking of you...
Mike, sorry to hear about your son, I'm sure you and Betty are worried, and hopefully he is now on the mend.
Manuel, glad to hear you've got some nice weather. Despite the cold cloudy start yesterday, we too ended up with a nice day, and it seems it continues through today. High is supposed to be 22C (71F), with lots of sunshine, so quite comfortable.

I can hardly believe it is August already, feels like summer has barely started!
No big plans for today, just resting and reading, hopefully in the sunshine.
Still battling pain from diverticulitis, and am now on a 2nd antibiotic in addition to the 1st, + muscle relaxer + pain killer. It's a wonder I can stay awake!
Have a good one everybody!

donna
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:41 AM
Admiral

I'm checking in from beautiful sunny Patzcuaro, Mexico. We've now lived here for one year. I cannot believe an entire year has gone by already.
Knock-Knock loves it here because he can sit out on the patio and lie in the sun almost every day of the year. He's a puppy that did not love the Northwest constant and frequent rain when we lived in Vancouver, Washington...close to Portland, Oregon.

In a few minutes we are heading over to the new house to see how construction progress is going today. Bye for now!
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
It's on the road for me this morning. I'll be in touch via my laptop. I'm hoping (and don't expect) this visit to the Cleveland Clinic will result in any major goings on but we'll find out when I get there.

Todd
Todd, good luck with your medical visit.
I certainly pray that you get positive results.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. The heat continues here. I am looking forward to autumn and winter. Learned this weekend that an aunt has Alzheimer's. It's early stage yet. Still not pleased. I've already lost too many family members to this and am taking care if my dad. It is a heartbreaking disease that literally robs a person of themselves.

Donna, I hope you feel better soon. Mike, I hope your son makes a speedy recovery. Todd, I hope you get good news.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:12 AM
Captain

Just call me lazy today. I slept in until about 8:30 when D/H woke me to tell me he was leaving for golf. I would have stayed asleep except for that. The 2 grandaughters wore me out I guess. Oh well we had a fun weekend with them. They were excited to see the parents when they got home last night.
I've got the laundry pretty much caught up from the weekend. Still have a few things to do here inside before the afternoon rush starts. Only wish my plans could have included a lunch with Todd like we need in the past. It was not to be this time. Hope he gets good news this trip from his Drs.
RD, rest is the best thing for you it sounds like. Take it easy today and heal.
Mike, praying your son is getting better. Don't you overdo with the moving thing.

I've got to get busy, much to do in a short time today. Hope the temps stay down a little. Forecast is for in the 90's! Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A pretty warm day in store for us again today as well as tomorrow but hey it is summer.
My friend had her surgery this morning and as of yet I’ve haven’t gotten an update.

D/H & D/S hard at work taking down the drywall in the basement and later today I’ll be down there with more bleach to ensure no mold starts to grow.
Have a friend from Lakeland FL in town coming over for dinner tomorrow, a perfect way to spend my birthday!

Mike… Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your son!
Rd… Rest, Rest, Rest!!
Todd… Hope all goes well!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's going to be a scorchah here, as Bostonians say Because of this I started prepping for supper now. I made some fried eggplant from the garden,and it's sooo good. I also used the ricer to make rice so , I could make some rice balls..I loaded them with cheese & leftover chicken and onion peppers an sausages, which I ground small in the processor...I will fry them up later, to go with the streaks. Now I will rest

Mike I so hope your son is doing much better...Moraine I know how you feel Sue I woke up at 9..ok to be lazy once in a while. Todd , wishing you great results.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Default Beautiful Monday Morning 8-1-11

Good morning! Must be something in the air, because I slept in, too. Yeah, it's still summer.

Todd, best of luck in Cleveland.
Mike, all good wishes to your son's full recovery.
Donna, I hope you make a full recovery, as well.

Just the usual Monday here: coffee, some breakfast, and gym for Keith. But I thnk we might have a plumbing problem.

Have a peaceful Monday, people.

Judy

Have a peaceful day.
Old August 1st, 2011, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Trip, may I come for supper? That sounds so good! :-)
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon CruiseMates.
Just stopping by to wish Todd safe travels and shout out HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Robin (Aerogirl).

Poor d/h needs a vacation. We don't want to spend a lot right now, so I've booked a nice condo resort thingy in Myrtle Beach towards the end of the month. I think getting away will do us all a world of good! YAY! I love the beach this time of year.

Not much else happening aside from I have to start packing since I am taking a bunch of teenagers to Chicago this week for a 3 day conference. What was I thinking?

Pray for me please!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Moraine, I will leave the porch light on..I just made eggplant parm,and fried the rice balls...a place is set at the table..xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 1st, 2011, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Thanks Trip. It sounds mouth watering!
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Good evening from NY .There were huge sounds of thunder here today as well as lightning but no rain .