Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:24 AM
Familiar Face

Default Best mini bahamas cruise

Hi,

Looking to do a cruise with some friends - 4 or 5 girls. We are going to go in October or November on a 3 night cruise.

We are debating between Carnival Imagination, NCL Sky, Monarch of the Seas, and Majesty of the Seas. Carnival is about 280 a person, NCL about 320 a person, and RCL about 320 a person (each including taxes).

Carnival does not have the private island. What will the weather be like in October and November? Will it be hot? Is it likely the ships will dock at the private islands, or is this the time of year they usually skip them?

Which would you choose? Is NCL or RCL worth the extra few bucks? What's differences in activities? How do the ships themselves compare, and what's some differences in entertainment (live music / bands, shows, variety entertainers...)? Is there a calypso pool band? How about a party band to listen to at night?

Thanks so much for any information.
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Since these shorter cruises usually cater to a younger age group, I think this demograpic will be about the same on each line. I would start with the best itinerary of the 3. I have sailed the Majesty twice, and the Monarch is a sister ship ,and, they are beautiful. Carnival has a better rep for food over RCI,and NCL has some fun alternative dining, though not sure if the Sky has all that NCL's other ships offer, but, there is a charge for this.

They all will have fun entertainment,and on deck partying.These cruises have a party hardy group, so there always will be something fun to do.

If you are flying in, and have the time, make sure you check to see if a 7 dayer is within your price range, because this is hurricane season,and many great deals are out there. You shouldl have wonderful weather,
otherwise,and ships will sail to their private island..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; August 3rd, 2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Hated everything about Majesty of the Sea, I would do Carnival Imagination.
Just my opinion.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Weather will be fine. Activities will be about the same, however I've never been on NCL so I can't comment.

You should read the reader reviews of these ships and understand who wrote them. Some will love them, some will not. Just read them for the facts instead of the opinions and make your choice.

Regards,
Thomas