Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Default Circle of 5 !!!

there is a theory that states "the 5 people that you choose to hang around with, determines the type of person you want to be "...since this is a virtual site, who would be your 5 virtual friends

1) POTUS Obama..my fellow Leo (his 4th, mine 11th) who in spite of the total disrespect of the Republican Party, is trying to do a good job as POTUS..my birthday gift to my fellow Leo, is that for the first time in my life, I am going to work on the next Presidential campaign on his behalf..plus I want to ride on Air Force 1

2) Sean Payton, coach of the NO Saints...he's a winner plus he has a suite at the SuperDome

3)Staci Dash (actress)...so I can hang out with her tv reality show "Single Girls" girlfriends

4)Warren Buffett ...I actually own a partial share of Berkshire Hathaway so I can go to the yearly meetings in Omaha and get coupons for free Dairy Queens

5) Paul Motter..so he can send me to Venice to cover the 1st international smooth jazz cruise in October on behalf of CruiseMates
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Default My 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
there is a theory that states "the 5 people that you choose to hang around with, determines the type of person you want to be "...since this is a virtual site, who would be your 5 virtual friends

1) POTUS Obama..my fellow Leo (his 4th, mine 11th) who in spite of the total disrespect of the Republican Party, is trying to do a good job as POTUS..my birthday gift to my fellow Leo, is that for the first time in my life, I am going to work on the next Presidential campaign on his behalf..plus I want to ride on Air Force 1

2) Sean Payton, coach of the NO Saints...he's a winner plus he has a suite at the SuperDome

3)Staci Dash (actress)...so I can hang out with her tv reality show "Single Girls" girlfriends

4)Warren Buffett ...I actually own a partial share of Berkshire Hathaway so I can go to the yearly meetings in Omaha and get coupons for free Dairy Queens

5) Paul Motter..so he can send me to Venice to cover the 1st international smooth jazz cruise in October on behalf of CruiseMates
1) Manuel who posts on this board .I've gottten together with him twice socially and he is one of the nicest people I've ever met .

2) "Venice" who posts on this site .Even though at times he vehemently disagrees with my point of view he is a very nice guy and I hope to one day get to meet him in person.

3) Either Ben or Jerry of Ben and Jerry -my favorite ice cream .

4) Dick Gregory

5) Pete Seeger
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Admiral

This may sound high-handed and self-righteous, but it is true: No virtual friend I could name would be able to trump the real friends I already have.

As I said, I don't want to seem stuck-up, but Terry and I often muse about how fortunate we are to know and have known so many people we consider giants.

I keep a list on the computer of "those who have enriched my life." It is a long list, and I won't share it (most of the names wouldn't mean anything to others anyway).

Still, I don't mean to imply that we're through meeting new people and opening our minds to their wisdom and goodness. In our lives, the more the merrier. But I could never name five. It is too easy, and therefore too hard.
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Quote:

You can get free "Blizzard" coupons by joining www.blizzardfanclub.com

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old August 4th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Admiral

it's 106 in New Orleans today..I could use a few of the free blizzard coupons

AR..the intent was not to display your real friends (which no one on these boards would understand the relationship)..virtual associates make it more fun to respond

Henry..when you arrange for me to have dinner at Vanessa Williams (just her and I) mansion in Westchester County, then we could meet
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Default Venice

Quote:
it's 106 in New Orleans today..I could use a few of the free blizzard coupons

AR..the intent was not to display your real friends (which no one on these boards would understand the relationship)..virtual associates make it more fun to respond

Henry..when you arrange for me to have dinner at Vanessa Williams (just her and I) mansion in Westchester County, then we could meet
On September 17 I will be seeing socially my friend who is neighbors with Vanessa .I am hoping to be at his home sometime this month and I will tell him of your desire to meet Vanessa . Since I know your real name I will convey that ........... is interested in meeting her .
Old August 4th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Henry..thanks I actually met her in 1985 and when I see her I will remind her of the circumstance and I am sure she will remember and give me a big kiss and hug
Old August 4th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Admiral

Default Syracuse

Quote:
Henry..thanks I actually met her in 1985 and when I see her I will remind her of the circumstance and I am sure she will remember and give me a big kiss and hug
I know that both of you have Syracuse in common .
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I have already met them and there are many more than five. All those folks ftom CM and CTC that I have met at the dinners or on cruises.

Ray and Helen,
Ken and Vita
Gaile and Harry
Larry and Sharon
Jeanne and Ellis
Jim and Luanne
Linda and Jake
Norm
Phyl
Trudy,
Todd DH
Liam
Jodi
LindaG
Cathy

The list is much longer but my feeble mind fails at this hour.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain