Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

A very early good morning Mates, from yet another cool, dull day in Pictou County. We did get a little sun, but not much warmth yesterday, and it looks much the same for today.

I spent all day yesterday resting with my feet up on the couch, reading, listening to music, and sleeping off the painkillers. Still no relief.
So today I am going to carry on as usual, volunteering at the Ship Hector this morning for yet another French group of campers, then maybe I'll rest this afternoon. My CT scan appointment next Tuesday seems a long way away, but then a week's wait is a lot better than the usual few months wait....

Anybody got any fun plans for this summer weekend?

donna
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Considering I just booked a mediterranean cruise for September, I will be having a low key weekend in by my standards; sleeping in, reading books on my kindle, watching movies, dreaming and scheming for the upcoming cruise.....

I hope you feel better soon

- SS Universe Explorer August 2000(?)
- Carnival Miracle March 2005

Voyager of the Seas
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Captain

Good morning all,
My weekend started yesterday. As an early birthday present I was treated to a concert by my favorite country singer, Neal McCoy. He was preforming at a county fair about an hour away so D/H and I left here early yesterday to get a good seat. It was a first come first serve for getting your lawn chairs out for the best view. We carried in 9 lawn chairs as my daughter, grandaughter, 2 sisters and 3 nieces came up when they all got off work. We had a ball! All the girls and I did this last Sept. at a different venue so this has become a yearly event. Since my birthday is a couple weeks away they decide to make this my night. By getting there early I got to see the sound check by Neal. There were only about 6 or 8 people who were there for this and he posed for pictures and joked around with us. D/H says I am an old groupie but I don't care, I really enjoy his music. I've been to over 20 of his shows over the years and believe it or not he actually remembered me from his fan club get togethers. My D/D had made a big sign for me to hold up saying I was celebrating the big 60, Neal got a good laugh out of that.
We got home about midnight, I threw a load of laundry in, as I need to get a few items thrown in a suitcase. We are leaving here at 10 am heading for Buckhannon, WV and the West Va, squared dance convention. It is a long drive there but we always have a good 3 days of dancing and fun.
RD, take it easy and I will be praying for you.
Holly, congrats on the cruise.

Prayers for Helen & Ray and all our mates in need. Everyone have a great weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a .... HOT Texas. This is day thirty-four of our straight 100's or above. The high temps are getting to everyone.

This morning I have my last workout at the pool, and then I need to go and pick up a surprise for Jim, that I had made. Can't tell you what it is, because he reads here sometimes, but I think he will be surprised. To bad it will be 8 months before I can give it to him.

Jim is about to make a big change in location in Iraq, and I can't hear the details, because of Opsec. For my former military friends, they should know what this means, but it generally means Keep your mouth shut. Our only way of communication is the computer, and that of course is not safe, because we know that we are being watched. We do have a code for things, but nothing like this. Sadly, my first indecation might be from the news, so I guess I will have to stay tuned.

I hope all of you hae a good weekend. Stay safe.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Admiral

good morning from hot, humid New Orleans..no special plans for this weekend

Luanne..I will keep Jim in our Prayer Circle at Church..I know from first hand experience when a loved one is deployed in a combat zone, those of us at home never really get a good night's sleep

my annual physical is next Tuesday and I always look forward to the prostate exam but I guess that's one of the perks in life for a man
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Admiral

A beautiful day here today, the perfect summer day. Off to the eye doctor shortly for an exam and some new glasses. I have a few errands to run and some housework to do but nothing exciting.

Sue. What a nice way to spend a day. Im going to the Wisconsin State Fair Monday to see a band from the 70s. Love the fair!

prayers going out to Ray & Helen.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates.

It's a cloudy day here, but still hot and humid.

We are not doing much this weekend, but I will Mrs. TM out to dinner and a movie tomorrow.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A very nice day in Tripland! Lucy is coming, so my day is making her as happy as she makes me

My weekend will be a busy one for a change...a gradualtion party tomorrow..better late then never.And, Sunday, a baby shower, where one of my diaper cakes will appear. I go back to working Saturdays too, so, it's all good.

Ray & Helen are in my prayers...

Make it a good one,

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Good morning! The heat continues, but it was a perfect 75 in Newport Beach yesterday.

Nothing much going on except gym and house stuff.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Admiral

Its been awhile I know. But Marj and I just booked a cruise so I am back! We will be aboard the Caribbean Princess for the third time in November 2012 cruising to Curacao and Aruba from Ft. Lauderdale.

My family got sad news, My cousin PFC Derek McConnell, US Army, lost both legs, fractured his skull and arm in an IED explosion in Afganistan. The official account leaves no doubt he is a hero in every sense of the word. He is recovering at Walter Reed.

We are selling our house to downsize and get closer to the kids and grandkids. So if you want a nice home at the Jersey Shore (Snooki not included )come on down!! Open house on Saturday.

Everyone Have a great day!

Bydo-In-Temple, Oahu

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR. View Post
My family got sad news, My cousin PFC Derek McConnell, US Army, lost both legs, fractured his skull and arm in an IED explosion in Afganistan. The official account leaves no doubt he is a hero in every sense of the word. He is recovering at Walter Reed.
I am a military member (medical) in Germany, your cousin probably passed through here (landstuhl) on his way to Walter Reed. He is in good hands, my prayers are with him, you and his family. May he have a speedy recovery.

- SS Universe Explorer August 2000(?)
- Carnival Miracle March 2005

Voyager of the Seas
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyjob View Post
I am a military member (medical) in Germany, your cousin probably passed through here (landstuhl) on his way to Walter Reed. He is in good hands, my prayers are with him, you and his family. May he have a speedy recovery.
Yes he did pass through Landstuhl a week or so ago. I was stationed at Ramstein back in the early 70s and had an operation there. You folks do a fine job in what must be a heartbreaking and stressful situation. A big salute from this retired Air Force Master Sergeant.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 5th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Holly, welcome to Cruisemates....Hope to see you often around the boards...Doug...Hoping your cousin has the best recovery,
and know, we all thank him, for the hero he is.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 5th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Sunnyville,NY