CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   CM Cruise for 2013 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/384150-cm-cruise-2013-a.html)

Aerogirl August 5th, 2011 09:22 AM

CM Cruise for 2013

Ok I know I’m ahead of myself here but I wanted to throw this out on the table. I’m not sure who puts the CM cruises together but I would love to cruise with my mates. My next cruise will be in 2013 to celebrate my 50th birthday and would love it to be a CM cruise. Hint, hint! :D
Southern caribbean maybe??

RTALLEN August 5th, 2011 09:34 AM

Of course, we all know that ships get moved around, so there's no way to know what ships will be doing the Southern Caribbean in 2013. With that in mind, what ship would you like (hope) to have the CM cruise on? Or does it matter? If it happens, we'll be there with Pina Coladas in hand!:cool::D

Queen of Oakville August 5th, 2011 09:41 AM

What line are you thinking? Are you organizing?

We're at 3 cruises between Mar 2011 and Mar 2012, so I think we will take a break for the remainder of 2012 ..... but 2013 is fair game!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to meet some of my fellow CMs

Aerogirl August 5th, 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTALLEN (Post 1385377)
Of course, we all know that ships get moved around, so there's no way to know what ships will be doing the Southern Caribbean in 2013. With that in mind, what ship would you like (hope) to have the CM cruise on? Or does it matter? If it happens, we'll be there with Pina Coladas in hand!:cool::D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville (Post 1385381)
What line are you thinking? Are you organizing?

We're at 3 cruises between Mar 2011 and Mar 2012, so I think we will take a break for the remainder of 2012 ..... but 2013 is fair game!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to meet some of my fellow CMs

Any ship, any line works for me. I'm not organizing one, I was just throwing it out there for the cruise fairy to think about.:D

Trip August 5th, 2011 10:22 AM

Kuki is our Pied Piper, getting the groups together. It's a blast to all sail together...I have done it many times, and these cruises are some of my best cruise memories! I am sure he will see this...let's see what come up!! Whahoo!

Aerogirl August 5th, 2011 01:56 PM

I hope we can do it in 2013. It will be so nice to meet everyone after all this time. (Kuki, cough, cough) ;)

Trackypup August 5th, 2011 02:34 PM

2013 we hope to be on the new Royal Princess somewhere!

Marc August 5th, 2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1385375)
My next cruise will be in 2013 to celebrate my 50th birthday and would love it to be a CM cruise. Hint, hint! :D
Southern caribbean maybe??

2013 is pretty long; how about a month and (approx) date.

Trip August 5th, 2011 02:51 PM

I would think, the best all round, pricing/itinerary available, would dictate when & where.

Aerogirl August 5th, 2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1385454)
2013 is pretty long; how about a month and (approx) date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1385457)
I would think, the best all round, pricing/itinerary available, would dictate when & where.

Any month is good for me, except during hurricane season. This was just an idea but it's looking like a few people may be interested. Letís see what comes of it if anything.

Lakers Fan August 5th, 2011 03:17 PM

Hmmm ,that would give me enough time to grow a beard so that I could hide my identity to all who disagree with my points of view and might desire to throw me overboard .

RTALLEN August 5th, 2011 03:29 PM

If you're open to suggestions for a time period, the first week of May might be a good time. It's an off-peak period between the end of Spring Break and the start of summer vacation. Cruise prices during this particular week tend to be a bit lower, and the weather should be pretty nice for a Southern Caribbean cruise. Just something to think about. Maybe you and Kuki could work something out for all of us. Besides, you haven't lived until you've had the wait staff in the main dining room of the cruise ship sing "Happy Birthday" in their mixed accents! Definitely memorable!:rolleyes:

Lakers Fan August 5th, 2011 03:40 PM

Happy Birthday

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTALLEN (Post 1385476)
If you're open to suggestions for a time period, the first week of May might be a good time. It's an off-peak period between the end of Spring Break and the start of summer vacation. Cruise prices during this particular week tend to be a bit lower, and the weather should be pretty nice for a Southern Caribbean cruise. Just something to think about. Maybe you and Kuki could work something out for all of us. Besides, you haven't lived until you've had the wait staff in the main dining room of the cruise ship sing "Happy Birthday" in their mixed accents! Definitely memorable!:rolleyes:

I had the pleasure of celebrating my birthday on my most recent cruise and being serenaded in both Indonesian and English.

Marc August 5th, 2011 03:47 PM

We were onboard for my wife's 50th b'day which happened to coincide with one of our cruise companion's b'day, too. We had a special dinner for the two of them; we even invited the Captain to dinner; he accepted. Birthdays, and anniversaries (been onboard for two of those), onboard are fantastic!

Aerogirl August 10th, 2011 09:31 PM

Just thought I would bump the post in hopes the cruise fairy is lurking. kuki cough, cough :)

Lakers Fan August 10th, 2011 10:38 PM

Bumping

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1386531)
Just thought I would bump the post in hopes the cruise fairy is lurking. kuki cough, cough :)

It surprises me that posts are normally not bumped up on CM .

Kuki August 10th, 2011 11:22 PM

There's little doubt we'll have a CruiseMates Group Cruise in 2013, since we've had at least 1 (more often more) every year since 2000. ;)

The cruise lines policies for groups make it much more difficult to put together our groups too far in advance, because of the way they handle cabin allocations and how soon they have to be booked before the cruise lines take them back.

From experience with our groups over the years, announcing a group now for 2013 simply wouldn't draw a lot of people to put down deposits now.

But.. as I said, you can be sure there will be a fun CM group on 2013 to celebrate your birthday.

We're currently working out final details for another group cruise in 2012, so you could warm up with that one :D