CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Cross your fingers for me!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/384151-cross-your-fingers-me.html)

Queen of Oakville August 5th, 2011 09:39 AM

Cross your fingers for me!!!!!!!!!!

I've been MIA for awhile, but I had a good reason to come back.

I just got my first ever call from the upsell fairy; but it seems like a pretty good deal.

We're booked on a mid-ship outside cabin, deck 2, on the FOTS just ouside the ice rink. The offer is $100 (total not pp) for an upgrade to a superior balcony on Deck 11. When the call came yesterday (unfortunately I got the voicemail message at 11PM at night); we had the choice of the two most forward cabins on deck 11.

Apparently they need quads. We'll lose the pullman beds, and the kids will have to sleep on a pullout; but I think they will be fine with that.

I'm excited .... I've never had a balcony before.

*fingers crossed and waiting to hear back from the TA*

Manuel August 5th, 2011 09:44 AM

Good luck! :D

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Let us know how you made out.

TM

Queen of Oakville August 5th, 2011 09:54 AM

woo hoo!!!!!!!! we're in.

LisaK August 5th, 2011 10:16 AM

thats great. just be aware that you have moved from the most stable of cabin locations to one that could have alot of movement.

Queen of Oakville August 5th, 2011 11:01 AM

that was a mistake above ....we're on Deck 7 not 11.

Lisa, I know and that was a bit of a struggle for us. My daughter actually gets motion sickness, but we control it with motion ease. DH and I had a hard time with rough seas on Eurodam earlier this year, but my daughter was fine thanks to gravol and motion ease. FOTS is about twice the size of Eurodam, so our fingers are crossed that it will be more stable.

The TA warned me that there will likely be intinerary changes so we are hoping for smooth waters.

We dont "live" in our cabin .... so hopefully the front of the ship is fine. At least we will get rocked to sleep, right?

Aerogirl August 5th, 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville (Post 1385386)
woo hoo!!!!!!!! we're in.

Congrats!! Your going to LOVE the balcony!!!

Lakers Fan August 5th, 2011 03:31 PM

In 2008 we booked at outside cabin .Much to our surprise we were upgraded to a balcony .

Manuel August 5th, 2011 05:26 PM

I also send my congratulations. A balcony is the way to go.

TM

Queen of Oakville August 5th, 2011 05:31 PM

Someone on our M&M was offered a Grand Suite (granted she's paid for a Jr. Suite!).

She declined it though, because was booked on a back2back, and they could only offer it to her for the second week. : (

Trip August 5th, 2011 06:09 PM

I guess knowing the staff would help me make the move to the Grand Suite, I would absolutley have said yes. :D