Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, Hump Day

Good morning all!

I'm feeling as if I'm usurping Rollerdonna this morning but I have lots to do and missed posting completely yesterday.

Am still worrying about Ray and Mike's son. I did talk with Ray and he seems to be handling his loss as well as can be expected. It was really great to see him post yesterday. I am so glad he has family surrounding him and I told him since I didn't have family locally, my Cruisemates Family were instrumental in getting me back to some degree of normalcy.. Many of you don't realize the power you have in such instances. Were it not for you, my own recovery would have been much worse. We both understand that it is going to be a long long process.

I'm eagerly awaiting a post from Mike as to how his son is doing. I have no idea what happened to him as I was away for a week and was so busy I didn't diligently check all the posts.

I loved reading about RollerDonna's story yesterday and laughed out loud. If that's not a "bucket list" story, there never was one!

I don't know if the heat wave has technically broken here or not. The 10 day forecast on Monday showed low to mid eighties but today it now is projecting with one exception the upper eighties with next Tuesday to be in the nineties. Add to that, it seems to always be at least a couple of degrees hotter than projected. I guess time will tell.

I don't think I mentioned how great it was to have dinner Saturday evening a week ago with BeenieWeenie and her husband and adorable children at a restaurant In Indianapolis. I hardly recognized B/W as she has lost so much weight in such a short time since we saw them in Pigeon Forge late this past Spring.

DeAnna (my adored niece who goes with me on all medical trips) and I took along the late Tom Carnegie's wife (the track announcer at The Indianapolis Motor Speedway who in and of himself is an institution as is everything associated with the Indy 500), DJ. She so enjoyed herself and was treated royally by the Maitre'd and the owner of the Iron Skillet restaurant in Indianapolis, a restaurant I loved as a child and haven't visited since I was nine years old or so. Although having a new owner, nothing was changed, including the recipes, especially for the skillet fried chicken for which it is famous and which both Tom and DJ loved.

The visit to Indy was, however, somewhat sad as I wasn't able to contact my cousin who is much older than I (my mother was 17 years younger than her sister). Both she and her husband were in their eighties. When I finally got hold of Mamie on our way back home (we were only able to stay one day and two nights in Indy at the home of Fran's and my best friend couple), I figured that her husband, who had been very ill was back in the hospital. Turned out she told me he had died the Saturday before. She purposefully didn't contact me because of my medical appointment. Nevertheless I feel so badly that I wasn't there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday (among other things I have Church at Noon and both Ray and Mike's son and special prayers for all of those on my prayer list including Aerogirl's friend will be offered as it's an Epsicopal Healing Service).

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Captain

I too have not posted for awhile. It's just been too busy around here. Weather has been warm but the humidity has left making it much nicer. Today is the start of the new school year around here. The 7 almost 8 yr. old will be here shortly so I can get her on the bus. She will have a new bus dirver this year so it should be interesting. She is all excited to start the 3rd grade, hope that continues!
Todd, so glad you had a good visit with BW & her family. Just so sorry we couldn't make connections. Hope DJ is doing well. I loved hearing her husband at the Indy 500 the many times I got to go. Also hope you are doing ok.
Prayers continue for Ray and Mike. Hope all are doing better.

Everyone have a good day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It looks wet outside, so I suppose that we had a shower this morning before I got up. School is underway here. The teen enjoyed her second day of school yesterday, so I hope day three will be good, too. No real plans for me, just more of the same...housework, take care of dad, take care of the animals, take care of the family, try to catch some me time.

Hope the sick and injured feel better.

Have a wonderful day all.
Old August 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Morning All, and Todd, don't ever worry about "usurping" me on the morning thread! Just because I'm lazy and slept in!

Glad to hear that my "bucket" story gave Todd and everyone else a good laugh yesterday. I'm sure that will be the story of the whole summer down at the Quay....

Yesterday I tried a new Aquafitness class - Zumba Aquafitness. It was fun, but let's just say I am NOT co-ordinated, nor is it easy to move that fast underwater!
Good workout though!

Today I go see my Dr. for a follow-up on the CT scan and the heart thing. Hope I get some answers...

Here's another pic from last weekend at the Quay. This one is of the 84th Regiment Foot Soldiers (in red) doing rifle practice next door to the Quay at the Lighthouse/Lobster Hatchery. This is the kind of place that will be bringing in the cruise ship tourists next year.

donna
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Good Morning all!!!!

We keep inching closer and closer to getting our new home built. Some financial steps were completed today and we go to the design center in a week to finalize our (Marj's ) selection of colors and trimmings.

Our wounded warrior continues to recover slowly.

Big action at the train station this morning, one of the regulars drove in trailed by 3 police cars. Apparently she was speeding becuase she was late but they let her off with a warning and let her catch the train.

Everyone have a great day!!!

This picture was taken during the most emotional part of our trip to Hawaii. I started crying and saying "I understand now Dad, I understand." (My Father was a Pearl Harbor Attack Veteran). I guess the stark reminder of his experience combined with my 9/11 experience in NYC overcame me. Good thing Marj was there.

Remains of the USS Arizona, Pearl Harbor

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, Hump Day

Good morning! The sun pours relentlessly into the family room window as I type. If it weren't for the woven shade, I would also feel its heat as it fades the carpet.

Hump Day, indeed. And after lunch, Keith and I will check one more store for a new telly. I still want the Sony (on sale) even though it's not the cheapest one we looked at.

We went to the store around 7 last night. As I trotted up to the door, I encountered a skunk! He didn't spray but just ran away. Such a pretty critter but can be SO stinky!

Have a good day, and all good thoughts going out to Ray and Mike.

Judy
Old August 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Default Good Afternoon

This morning I went to my 3 year old grand daughters Camp Show .The kids sang and danced followed by the counsellors entertaining . The latter was a 5 person group ,drummer ,2 guitarists and 2 singers . The band was fantastic and the singers were great .They began with Neil Young's Keep on Rocking In The Free world and it was amazing how good these young non professionals were .
Old August 17th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon, all. What a day! I went to write a check at Walgreens and discovered that my driver's license was missing! I had to drive home and get Rob so he could drive me to the division of motor vehicles. It was an hour's wait, but I have a temporary license until the new one is shipped from Richmond. I feel sooo drifty right now! Hope all my fellow cruisemates have a great day!