Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Default Big Brother

Is anyone watching Season 13 of Big Brother ?

I am rooting for Jordan and Jeff
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Iv'e watched since season one. Since both cannot win, I want Jordan to win again.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 18th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Admiral

Default Both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Iv'e watched since season one. Since both cannot win, I want Jordan to win again.

My top 3 are :

Jordan ,Jeff and Adam -the latter solely because he is from NJ

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I'm rooting for Dr. Will.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Admiral

Remember Mike Boogie?

Mike “Boogie” Malin and The Crazy Lawsuit | YakkityYaks

Since I get the dish from a BB website, it gets confusing between real and fake time, on the show.I also watch BB overnight on showtime every nop and then.

Old August 19th, 2011, 08:11 AM
First Mate

For some unknown reason our family has been hooked on this show since season 1. We too are hoping that Jordan wins. Our second choice is Jeff.
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've only been watching for 2 seasons now. I was ready for Rachel to go home shortly after it started last season, and I'm ready this season too!

I like Jeff and Jordan. So I'm hoping one of them wins it. Preferably Jordan since she seems so nice.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Admiral

I didn't get the whole Evil Dick leaving thing..I wonder if we have not seen the last of him .

Old August 19th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Familiar Face

I love Jordan and Jeff --don't care for Rachel. Jordan is a good person and I am happy she won last time and hopes she does again.
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Default Evil Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I didn't get the whole Evil Dick leaving thing..I wonder if we have not seen the last of him .
My feeling is that he was chosen to be on the show to boost their ratings and removed to create an air of mystery .Thousands of on line discussions as to why Dick left are helping the ratings of a show that did not do that well last season .
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Admiral

In general, this season is a snooze..As insanea as rachel was last year, she must be on zanax now...Her nemesis last year, Ragan, is going to be in their wedding..they are good pals now...

The drama that would have been Dick, made the season re dick u less!

Old August 19th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Default We tend to differ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acapulco Kevin View Post
Reality Television is rotting the minds of otherwise intelligent people.

Tune in to the Discovery Chanel, try a little CNN, educate your minds and quit entertaining yourselves with backwoods, hillbilly inbreeding and ignorant people that will donate a testicle for 15 minutes of fame. The more attention people give to stupid people, the more the stupidity infiltrates the American minds and households.

My interests include - All news, Science, Math, well written literature. I hold great disdain for media that only serves to insult my intelligence with uneducated stupidity.
I watch TV for entertainment puposes only .I very rarely watch news shows .I have a cousin who produces shows for PBS in Boston and I do watch his shows but that is about it .

In the mid 80's I wrote a satire on prime time soaps .I attempted to sell it to the networks ,they were not interested. I decided to present it as a play instead and it generated interest for a few months.
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Kevin your interests are in part, many of our interests, I would say without a doubt. I watch many of the channels you mentioned, and others, and enjoy them all..travel and documentaries especially.

Since you focus on so much which is bad, within your area, maybe you could lighten up a bit..it's the dog days of summer, turn on the Jersey Shore....

Last edited by Trip; August 19th, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

I watch the Weather Channel, Discovery Channel, History Channel, Travel Channel and numerous other channels. But every now and then I enjoy something that rots my brain!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 19th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Default Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkydebrajean View Post
I watch the Weather Channel, Discovery Channel, History Channel, Travel Channel and numerous other channels. But every now and then I enjoy something that rots my brain!

Life is too short to always be serious ,one needs merriment in my opinion .
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Henry!!!!!!!!!1

Thank you for starting this thread. I forgot we could discuss reality tv here.

BB has been driving me insane this season mostly because of how stupidly the people are playing. The first thing they should have done is banded against the veterans (yes, I have issue with them being called that!).

Instead, they turned on each other.

What is with Shelley trying to make a final 3 deal with a "couple"? that an automatic 2 against 1 vote. What is she thinking????????? Oh, and I can't wait to see her face when she sees the playback of her trying to make a deal with Brachel. *sheesh*

and AMERICA .....WTH is with voting Brandon back in??????????? What were you thinking. And yes, I'm Canadian, so I can blame the collective "you"! Seriously, it would have been sooooo cool to vote Brandon back in.

I like Jordan, she's a sweetheart, but let's face it, she's not that bright. I'm not a fan of Jeff though and the "show" he puts on when someone dares nominate him. Its a game, get over it.

Yes, Rachel needs some serious meds. I can't take her whining.

I'm rooting for Danielle to win. She is the only one who is playing the game.

*phew* weeks of frustration .... finally vented.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Love that you guys like Big Brother! I am rooting for Jeff. He is my favorite, in addition to being possibly the hottest guy on television. Danielle really bothers me, has since her season, although she did get screwed with Evel Dick having to leave early.
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Default To The queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville View Post
Henry!!!!!!!!!1

Thank you for starting this thread. I forgot we could discuss reality tv here.

BB has been driving me insane this season mostly because of how stupidly the people are playing. The first thing they should have done is banded against the veterans (yes, I have issue with them being called that!).

Instead, they turned on each other.

What is with Shelley trying to make a final 3 deal with a "couple"? that an automatic 2 against 1 vote. What is she thinking????????? Oh, and I can't wait to see her face when she sees the playback of her trying to make a deal with Brachel. *sheesh*

and AMERICA .....WTH is with voting Brandon back in??????????? What were you thinking. And yes, I'm Canadian, so I can blame the collective "you"! Seriously, it would have been sooooo cool to vote Brandon back in.

I like Jordan, she's a sweetheart, but let's face it, she's not that bright. I'm not a fan of Jeff though and the "show" he puts on when someone dares nominate him. Its a game, get over it.

Yes, Rachel needs some serious meds. I can't take her whining.

I'm rooting for Danielle to win. She is the only one who is playing the game.

*phew* weeks of frustration .... finally vented.
Dick was my favorite player on his season .
Brandon did an Anthony Weiner and yet Rachel did not seem to have a problem with that .
Jordan is very nice ,very sweet but I believe she is more aware of things than we think.
Jeff has been prone to outbursts but generally he is correct.
I believe that BB decided that Brandon should be back and not any of the others .
I knew with 100% certainty who would win the next HOH before the game was played .
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Captain

I am rooting for Danielle or Jordan. I previously loved Jeff & Jordan but he has been a A$$ this season. The "veterans" act like the newbies should just hand everything to them, and so far they have played right into the vets hands. Thank Goodness Danielle is now working to ban the newbies together to play a better game.

I have watched the show from day one, but have always believed it is scripted and orchestrated by the producers. So many things are so fake with the show. I do NOT believe that America voted Brendon back onto the show, it was just a ruse to get him back in one more time. So glad he's gone...hope Rachel is next.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Admiral

And I think America voted Brendan back in, to breathe some drama into this buncha goofballs In doing this, America knew that Dani would pitch a fit

Old August 19th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Default Scripted shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies View Post
I am rooting for Danielle or Jordan. I previously loved Jeff & Jordan but he has been a A$$ this season. The "veterans" act like the newbies should just hand everything to them, and so far they have played right into the vets hands. Thank Goodness Danielle is now working to ban the newbies together to play a better game.

I have watched the show from day one, but have always believed it is scripted and orchestrated by the producers. So many things are so fake with the show. I do NOT believe that America voted Brendon back onto the show, it was just a ruse to get him back in one more time. So glad he's gone...hope Rachel is next.
I know several people who write for TV and radio .So many on air personalities sound dynamic but in reality everything they say is scripted .