Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning

Good Morning to all. Its a beautiful morning. We survived Irene just fine, lots of wind and rain, some trees down, lots of branches in our yard, sunflowers are laying on the ground, and a couple of singles came off the roof, and thats about it. Thanks again for all your good wishes.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Lisa,
Glad to hear no major damage, enjoy the beautiful day....

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Glad to hear that you weathered the storm.

It's nice here. The high is only supposed to be 92.

Have a wonderful day.
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! We survived our encounter with Irene without much problem. We evacuated to Exton PA with our three dogs to a pet-friendly Hampton Inn. We came home yesterday and found only limbs and a very small tree down. We apparantly lost electricity for a very few minutes. So alls well that ends well, however, many around us are experiencing extended power outages and flooding.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were hit hard by Irene and continue to suffer.

USS Missouri and USS Arizona Memorial, Pearl Harbor

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates,
Glad to hear that so far, our Mates have survived Irene with little or no damage.
What was left of Irene hit here overnight, but it amounted to no more than a few good gusts of wind that shook our house, and very little rain, certainly not like some other storms we've endured here...
I did not expect to wake up to a bright and sunny day today, but there it is, sunshine, high winds, and STILL very humid!
Will be taking it easy today and heading out to the Ship Hector for the evening shift. It's getting much quieter there now that the tourists are dwindling, but yesterday we had 4 bus loads!

donna
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............glad to hear Lisa & Doug came thru ok.........

Hope the others are fine also......hope they can check in soon.........

Inly low 70's for today.......looks like fall is peeking around the corner........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning

Good morning! Hot as a pistol again today.

I hope all our CM's got through Ireme with no problems.

Must take the car in for its routine phsyical. Nothing else going on today.

Judy
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I am glad to here that none of you endured any major damage from Irene.

It's a beautiful day here with clear skies and moderate temps forecast in the upper 70's.

The agenda today has been partially completed. I needed to pre-buy my propane for the winter and last night I checked my tank level and to my surprise I was under 5% and almost empty. My brain has gone south because the last time I remember checking it was May and I've been lax and not checked it since. Bad Mike! Bad Mike!. So I called and arranged the pre-buy and also an expedited delivery of propane for this afternoon.

Next on the agenda was to arrange to take Betty's Camry in for service. I think there is a bad belt on one of the tires "or" a wheel bearing is going out. There is a rhythmic noise that is coming from the rear. (I have the same problem sometimes) I really think it's the tire but I can't see any visible signs of a busted belt and I really don't feel like jacking it up and swapping tires from front to back and see if the noise changes. I'll let someone with hoist do that. We'll drop it off at noon and if it's done while Betty is at work they will drop it off there.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and that this week is a good one for all.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 29th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny NY . We were out this morning to check out my daughters house ,no interior damage but a tree in her backyard is down.

Some of my neighbors are without power and others are flooded.
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Things are not good on Long Island. Over 500,000 customere are without power in Nassau and Suffolk counties. They expect to have 90% restoration by Friday and the remainder not until next Monday. A few of the homes on my street have power and I'm one of them. The rest are in the dark.

Daughter and her family were due to fly home from vacation on Saturday arriving in LaGuardia airport. It didn't happen as the airport was closed.
They rented a car and drove home taking them 2 days to get here. They arrived home late last night.

Hoping my power stays on. It was down for about 4 hours this morning and now it is back on.

Leyla from Long Island
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Leyla, I hope that your power will stay on.