Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday and a L-O-N-G Weekend!

Morning Mates,
It's Friday at last, the beginning of a long weekend, but also the ending of summer. Feels like summer just began here about 3 weeks ago, not long enough!

We are looking at another fine weather day, just perfect with comfortable heat, little wind, and cooler evenings.
Will enjoy it while it lasts!

Today I hope to get some back-to-school shopping done (yes, teachers need to do this too!), then I'm off to the Ship Hector for the afternoon. Our summer students are gone now so we volunteers are filling in whenever we can.

What're everyone's plans for the long weekend?

donna
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

We are not planning too much this weekend because we just returned from Florida a few days ago.
We have a trip to Italy coming up on the 18th. of this month, and at the end of october we are going back to Florida to start furnishing our new home in Palm Coast.

I wish you all a nice day and a lovely weekend.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Morning Donna and all to follow. I'm having what quiet time I get right now. I finished The Help yesterday morning before dad got up. Trip is right, if you've not read this book you need to. It's as good as The Secret Life of Bees and is now on my my all time favorite list.

As for what my plans for the long holiday are...take care of dad and do household chores. That is my interesting life.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Admiral

I too, wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Weekend (at least it's a Holiday Weekend in this country).

It looks as if the weather is going to change right after the weekend here in upper East Tennessee. Today is supposed to be around 92F and tomorrow 94F. The next week the highs are projected in the mid eighties with lows dropping into the upper fifites. Turns out that possibly summer is ending according to popular schedule (escept that our students returned to school on 8 August).

No plans for yours truly except housework. Moiraine, you remain in my thoughts and prayers every day. You are truly an Angel and I know how hard it must be on you.

Of course sincere Prayers for those on the list and a request for Blessings upon all continue.

And yes, Luanna, I love you too!

Todd

Todd
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday and a L-O-N-G Weekend!

I had trouble logging on, so a late good morning to you! It was 95 here but a perfect 81 in Newport Beach yesterday. I didn't want to go home!

No special plans here, either, but we are going to Minnesota in a couple of weeks for my mother's 95th birthday.

Nothing in particular on my agenda for today except for a bunch of phone calls.

Have a nice Friday, everybody.

Judy
Old September 2nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Sunnyville,NY