CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   What are you waiting for? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/384727-what-you-waiting.html)

Trip September 2nd, 2011 08:06 PM

What are you waiting for?

By mid September, the new, and old shows you have seen ads for, will begin their premieres. Anything you are looking forward to,and are there any you will give up on? Like CSI with Ted Danson,maybe?

I am really waiting for 2 new ones....Pan Am, and, American Horror Story.

Old faves like Dexter, Law & Order,albeit with some new characters and old ones leaving:(

How about you?

Lakers Fan September 2nd, 2011 08:32 PM

The New Amazing Race

Donna September 2nd, 2011 08:53 PM

I am with you Henry, waiting for Amazing Race, plus Survivor and The Good Wife....There are some new ones that look interesting, time will tell.

Fern September 2nd, 2011 09:30 PM

I am SO out of the modern loop :)!

I enjoy All In the Family, Everybody Love's Raymond, and M*A*S*H!

Also, NASCAR and Nationwide auto racing, American Pickers and Pawn Stars.

Baseball and college football... .

I find the "real life" dancing, singing, etc., stuff uncomfortable and embarrasing.

JMHO,
Fern

Moiraine September 2nd, 2011 09:38 PM

I can't wait for Survivor. It's about all I get to watch. Dad will get still and let me watch it because he remembers it.

AR September 2nd, 2011 09:47 PM

Have I Love Lucy and Your Show of Shows been renewed? Oh, to have them back. Failing that, not much. I'll be streaming a lot of Netflix movies to the home theater.

BTW, I'm quite impressed with the quality of Netflix streaming on the big screen (and the big speakers). Not Blu-ray quality, but certainly standard DVD quality with a FIOS fiber-to-the-home hookup. I'm still lovin' the 106" screen.

Aerogirl September 2nd, 2011 11:00 PM

Parenthood, Modern Family,The Good Wife & Walking Dead.
I will check out Pan Am also.

fun2cruiz September 2nd, 2011 11:17 PM

keep running the old reruns, dating from 2010 and back and I am happy......

DougR. September 3rd, 2011 08:21 AM

Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel

rollerdonna September 3rd, 2011 08:46 AM

I watch only 2 things on a regular basis, the local and national news on CTV, and I never miss the Big Bang Theory, which is the funniest and most cerebral thing on TV ever, so I will be looking forward to its new season.

donna

Cruznut2 September 3rd, 2011 09:27 AM

There is nothing coming up that even interests me at all. I have never seen any of the new shows on the networks for many years. I am more into news programs and the weekday morning shows. I do watch a lot of PBS.

Laura

Lakers Fan September 3rd, 2011 10:53 AM

More for me:

The Red Sox winning the world Series
Survivor
College basketball

Mike M September 3rd, 2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1390601)
I watch only 2 things on a regular basis, the local and national news on CTV, and I never miss the Big Bang Theory, which is the funniest and most cerebral thing on TV ever, so I will be looking forward to its new season.

donna

Cerebral?????????????

It can be somewhat funny but I've watched a few episodes and I never got hooked. They may have actual and verified physics, astronomical and other science references but the premise and plots of the show are standard sitcom. Basically, "How I met your Mother" or "Friends" with nerds. There isn't much thinking involved in watching the show.

Take care,
Mike