Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Default 30 day push

Well, finally we are nearing the end of our year long home construction project here in Patzcuaro, Mexico. The workers are busy painting, installing light fixtures, doing final tile work, etc. and we are getting soooooo excited.

The exterior of the house is the exact blue color of "Casa Azul," the house lived in by famous Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. There are excellent Casa Azul websites that will show you the color because her house is now a highly respected museum in Coyocan, D.F. Mexico. Comex paint company even has a web page called the colors of Frida Kahlo.

The interior walls are light camel color because we have a lot of very bold artwork which requires a calm negatve space for the canvases. There is also a lot of the tilework in the kitchen, bathrooms, and fountain is made up of brightly painted talevera hand painted tiles with cantera accents.

Our housewarming party is October 27th just before "Dia de Los Mertes,"
which is a huge WORLD FAMOUS event lasting several days here in Colonial Michoacan. You are all invited of course!

I should have some completion photos to share in the next few weeks if it's okay to have bragging rights, lol. Salud!
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It all sounds quite stunning, and, finally we can all start booking our flights soon, for the party. I am off to check the wesite so I can see this fabulous color, I may need something in my cruise wardrobe, in this color!

Come back,and brag, and we will drool Congrats to both of you....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 4th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Brag away. It will be nice to finally get moved in and things get settled. I hope the two of you will enjoy your new home for many years.
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It sounds beautiful. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 4th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Default 30 Day Push

What an interesting life experience you two have! The house really does sound stunning. I can't wait to se the pics, and the party sounds good, too.

Judy
Old September 4th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Wow, you are getting there, then the really fun stuff, furniture and decorating it.....We will need to see some before and after pics...Hope everything stays on schedule.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 5th, 2011, 01:55 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to LGriggs548

Waiting and really looking forward to those pictures when you have completed. I know it will be fantastic and you will enjoy it. All the headaches and frustration will be worth it.
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Thank you all for the kind rremarks and such.

Today I am meeting with the electrician and we are installing all of the light fixtures. He is very good but some of my fixtures and dimming switches are from the U,S. (Via china of course) Sometimes we have to help him understand that they work somewhat differently and have slightly different installation needs. Manuel does speak a little English and he is very kind and helpful as well as eager to please. So the day should go just fine, knock on wood!

I'm sitting on my bed right now listening to the roosters crowing, donkeys braying, and the train going by. What an interesting group of sounds. I'm reflecting on my new life here in Mexico. What a change it has been and such a rewarding experience getting to know how wonderful, kind, and warm the Mexican people really are. And did I mention dogs barking in the background. lol

Well I'd better jump in the shower and be off for my appointment!