Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Did You Ever?

Did you ever want to do something but never did it? I always wanted to learn how to play the piano. As a kid I begged my Mother all the time for lessons. I was fascinated with piano music. I was always told we did not have the space for a piano. So I never got my lessons. A few years ago I broke the middle finger on my right hand. It will no longer bend. It would be useless for playing piano now. Oh well......It does have it's uses.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Familiar Face

I always wanted to learn how to fly. At first, I didn't have the money. Then I didn't have the time (work). Now I have both but could never pass the physical.
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie/Tex View Post
I always wanted to learn how to fly. At first, I didn't have the money. Then I didn't have the time (work). Now I have both but could never pass the physical.
What a shame.... becoming a private pilot and owning my own plane was on my bucket list 7 years ago and I fufilled both and love to fly.

Alot of work and study to become a part of the 1% of population that can claim this accomplishment ! Unless you have a serious physical limitation, most people could pass the medical exam w/out problems.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Admiral

I think people should try to accomplish everything they want to do, provided it is physically & financially possible..in fact even if it isn't!! My wife is a great one for saying we will do that later (in life), I try to explain that we are 62 now & who knows how much time there is in the "later" she refers to. There are many things I wish I had done but didn't...usually relationship wise...what if...I wonder...
No bloody good having "I wish I had...." on your gravestone, "I'm glad I did" sounds better!!
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Admiral

I wanted to sing .Although my parents entered me into an American Idol type of competion when I was 5 ,I lost in the pre-tv round .When I was a teenager a friend and I had the opportunity to record a song in Manhattan .
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

I always wanted to try ballet/tumbling. alas, it never happened. I tried learning how to do a back handspringin college......apparently my shoulders don't bend the right way to do it successfully...oh well, I did finally get to take up ice skating in high school. Still loving it

I almost forgot: I also always wanted to sing. I sing karaoke, although I doubt I'll ever get much further in my venture, it is fun and my singing has improved significantly as a result

- SS Universe Explorer August 2000(?)
- Carnival Miracle March 2005

Voyager of the Seas