Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Default September 11 ,2011

In less that 1 week it will be the 10th.anniversary of the most horiffic attack on US soil .What are you going to be doing on 9/11/11 ?

I will be attending a memorial service .
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Admiral

It will be a sad day.

We don't have any plans yet.

My wife's best friend worked in the Pentagon and she has been devastated ever since that day.
She retired shortly after 9/11 and moved away from the DC area.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

No plans other than proudly flying the "red, white & blue" in honor of all those that perished along with a silent prayer.

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 6th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I wasn't planning on doing anything other than offering a prayer to the families who lost so much, but I started watching some of the specials that have been shown on the tv in the last couple of days, and I realized it would take more than just a simple prayer.

Prayers to the mom's and dad's who lost their babies that day. I know what they are feeling. Also praying that the day will go by fast, because a photo op with a politician, isn't anything but a reminder of what they have lost.

Prayers to the children who lost part of their lives that day, because they will never have that parent to teach them what parents are suppose to do.

Prayers for the Muslim families who had to leave NY after 9/11 because people were so cold hearted, that they blamed everyone who belonged to that religion.

Prayers to the first responders who on that day, not only lost their lives, but also for some, began the slow process of dying, because of the conditions left after the attacks.

A special prayer for the greedy, who have turned this horrible experience into a money making deal. As most of you know, there were over 3,000 children left that day without a parent. As you also must remember, millions of dollars were donated for those families. What you might not know is that some of those children never received a dime of that money. Where did that money go?

My heart breaks for these families, for they have lost much, and for some, will never have a place to go so morn the loss, as I do. Joe is buried on a hill over looking the central Texas hills. It is quiet, and peaceful. They have a tourist attraction, with yet another building going up, which will one day make another good target for attack. Why did they have to build a building, when a simple plot of grass, and trees, so that families would have a place to go? The rest of the money could have gone to the children to prepare them for life, and to the first responders who now can't work because of the illinesses they have.

Yep, I thought Sept 11th would be just like any other day, but I guess it will instead be a busy one, for me. That's a lot of prayer, in such a short amount of time.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I will offer prayers as always. I have been thinking of joining a church near here. Maybe I will go to mass that morning.
I remember last year I was on Carnival Liberty for 9/11. I was very impressed as I boarded the ship and was greeted by a huge American Flag hanging in the central atrium.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 6th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

This website has archived news from around the world, reporting on that horrible day. If you can bear to watch it.... the emotion is so raw in many voices

Understanding 9/11: A Television News Archive

I am forever entwined with the few people who stood together, watching my little battery tv on the streets of Wellesley, that beautiful sunshiny September day.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
I will offer prayers as always. I have been thinking of joining a church near here. Maybe I will go to mass that morning.

Laura
We certainly will say some prayers. We usually go to church on sunday.

As a matter of fact we have found our future church in Palm Coast, Fl.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 7th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Admiral

As some of you know, I was 3 blocks away and 27 stories up with a picture window view of the WTC. I will never ever be able to purge the memories of what I witnessed such as the horror of watching people jumping off the tower because it was the easier way to die. Memories of watching people fleeing in horror, not knowing if more planes were headed our way; wondering if the owners of the cars of my fellow commuters still parked at my bus stop were alive; holding my wife and crying in relief when I finally got home. Those memories will never fade.

I have mixed feelings about this anniversary. The hype is beginning to build and there are innumerable special reports and programs. I guess I still feel the guilt over surviving when others I knew didn't and remember the helpless feeling I had when I came to realize that the most useful thing I could do that day was get away from the scene as soon as possible.

I now understand why my father was so reluctant to talk about his experiences during the attack on Pearl Harbor. Sometimes memories hurt and you don't want to feel that hurt all over again.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Familiar Face

I will definitely offer some prayers for the people involved in the attacks.
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Captain

I will be participating as a supporter of co-workers and family in the Steven Siller Tunnel to Towers race on Sept. 11, 2011 in Mobile, AL.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days