Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Default The Dreaded Sept. 6 is Here!

Morning Mates,
The dreaded Sept. 6, or officaial "Back-To-School" date is here. Where did my sumer go?

I don't have to be in till about 2 pm, but I have to go shopping this morning for after school snacks for the month. I will have 14 "old" kids and 13 new ones. I've decided to match them up in a "buddy" system in order to promote friendship, kindness, and helping. They'll probably just end up fighting, but I can hope can't I?

The weather is still hot and sticky, very un-Septemeber-like, and there is finally rain in our forecast today. I'm hoping it holds off long enough to let me get the kids outside for some fresh air, it is going to be stinking hot in that cafeteria by this afternoon!

Wishing you all a good week, and special prayers go out to "Da Coot" for a quick recovery....

donna
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Captain

A wet good morning to all. Only wish we could ship some of this rain to LuAnne in Texas, they need it! Donna, sorry you have to go back to work today. Our kids have been in school since Aug. 17th so they are getting into the routine.
Our forecast is for rain most of all week. NO grass mowing here. We managed to get home from another wonderful weekend of square dancing and camping around 5 last night. It was a hot weekend until Sunday evening when the rains appeared. Cooled it down nicely for the evening dancing.
Today is catch up day for me. I have already gotten 2 loads of laundry finished with the 3rd in now. I did manage to come home with either a head cold or an allergy flare up. Don't feel to bad right now, drugs working!
Praying for all those in Texas with the terrible fires. Those in the path of what is left of LEE, praying you don't get to much rain causing floods. Everyone have a safe day. Also I have never met DaCoot but prayers going out for a speedy recovery for him.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Donna this is my second September with no classroom to prepare. I remember fondly the love/hate relationship I had with starting a new school year. And the butterflies that never left my tummy on the first day of school. I miss the kiddos very much but I don't miss the politics and the balogna about "No Child Left Behind." If they only knew that not all of the changes that are being made are for the better and that these new policies may be leaving more not less children behind.

Oh well some day when I am king, things will be different. Have a great school year!
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Cloudy today here in Patzcuaro, Michoacan and a little cooler than usual. Probably high sixties I suppose. Good weather for working on the new house.
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring! This will be our week I guess. I am not complaining, as, so many Cruisemates are experiencing some tough going. I wish I could send some of this to Texas;(

"Da Coot", made it through yesterday's operation, and continued good thoughts from so many, I am sure will help Harry along as he goes into rehab.

Lucy is coming, and Aiden started school today, so it will be more of a quiet, girly day..I will smile alot

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Morning all. I have a tubby kitty in my lap purring her head off. At least it sounds like she is. I love to hear purring cats.

Todd, thank you for the prayers. You are so kind.

Yesterday turned out busy too, at least the first part of the day. If Amazon gets my books to me today I am going to have some downtime because I am going to make it this evening.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old September 6th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A sunny and cool day here for today, fall is in the air!
I woke up to a empty house, the boys back in school and the hubby at work....nice!
It's just me and the cats :-)

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 6th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Admiral

Default The Dreaded Sept. 6 is Here

Good afternoon! I had computer problems this morning. It just keeps getting hotter and hotter. We have several fires going, unfortunately.

Keith gets the results today for the x-rays and blood tests. He sayshe feels good, so I guess the Minnesota trip is on. He e-mailed his relatives this morning to that effect.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old September 6th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Good evening from rainy NY