CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Oh Venice (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/384860-oh-venice.html)

Trip September 8th, 2011 07:05 PM

Oh Venice

Haven't seen you around..miss you...hope all is well..xo

anniegb September 8th, 2011 07:10 PM

Trip

I noticed too - maybe on vacation?

Annie

Lakers Fan September 8th, 2011 07:26 PM

Venice:If you are reading this ,on Sept.17 I shall convey to Vanessa your interest in her .

Phil&Liz September 9th, 2011 08:33 PM

We hope he shows up here soon. As I recall he was concerned with stroke like symptoms.

Trip September 9th, 2011 08:37 PM

Oh Geez, I was hoping the jazz cruise was the answer. Hoping for the best.

Lakers Fan September 9th, 2011 09:37 PM

Venice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1391710)
Oh Geez, I was hoping the jazz cruise was the answer. Hoping for the best.

I just e-mailed "Venice" . I hope he is okay.

Moiraine September 9th, 2011 11:05 PM

I too hope he is all right.

Lakers Fan September 10th, 2011 01:07 PM

No response to my e-mail as of this morning .

Manuel September 10th, 2011 04:23 PM

I am praying that he is OK.

TM

ToddDH September 11th, 2011 12:31 AM

I also e-mailed Venice on Thursday as soon as I read Trip's original post. I've yet to also receive a reply and I am deeply concerned.

Todd

Luanne Russo September 11th, 2011 08:16 AM

I am worried as well. Does anyone remember Jim saying he was going to his son's house when the storm was so close to NO and they were afraid of flooding again?

Lakers Fan September 11th, 2011 01:15 PM

I have "Venices" home address .I assume that I could get his phone # if it is listed .I will try that .

Luanne Russo September 11th, 2011 01:22 PM

Todd and I have been trying to Google his land line, but we didn't know his address.

Lakers Fan September 11th, 2011 01:33 PM

Luanne

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1391925)
Todd and I have been trying to Google his land line, but we didn't know his address.

If you or Todd E-mail me (not PM me) I will give you his address .I don't think he would mind . Perhaps 3 of us trying is better than one.

Luanne Russo September 11th, 2011 01:51 PM

Todd was going to call you. Has he found your number yet?

Lakers Fan September 11th, 2011 01:58 PM

Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1391931)
Todd was going to call you. Has he found your number yet?

Todd called me ,I gave him the address . Unfortunately I cannot recall "Venice's" sons first name .

Luanne Russo September 11th, 2011 02:19 PM

I don't remember either Does anyone on here remember Venices son's name? He has talked about him many times.

ToddDH September 11th, 2011 02:28 PM

I have spent almost four hours trying to get hold of Venice. I'm at a dead end unless someone can remember his son's name. I even called MacDill AFB but without a first name, even they can't help me (assuming, of course, that his son is at MacDill).

I know where he lives, I know his e-mail address, I have even seen an aerial view of where he lives. But I've lost his phone number which is obviously unlisted. Without his son's name, I don't know what else I can do.

Todd

Phil&Liz September 11th, 2011 03:40 PM

Perhaps someone local can pay a visit to the address. TC is kinda close by...who else is near NOLA?

There are a few websites that one can get detailed info. Zabasearch perhaps.

Luanne Russo September 11th, 2011 03:59 PM

I can't get in touch with anyone who would be able to go over there.

I have tried several web sites to get a phone number, and trying to do so without signing up for a year. lol

I have another Idea. I will let you know...

Luanne Russo September 11th, 2011 04:05 PM

I have left a message with a friend of Venices. It is Sunday, so not sure when they will get back to me. Told them to tell him to either call me, or get on CM to let all know he is okay.

ToddDH September 11th, 2011 06:08 PM

I have asked the primary law enforcement agency that services where Venice lives to do what we who are/were "on the job" call a "welfare check." I am hoping they find no one home which would mean he may be visiting someone or even possibly on a cruise.

They will inform me of the results of the check.

Todd

Trip September 11th, 2011 06:12 PM

Let's hope we are just being worry warts..his last post was 8/5. Todd ..xo

Aerogirl September 11th, 2011 07:49 PM

Sending positive thought.

Luanne Russo September 11th, 2011 07:56 PM

JUST SPOKE TO VENICES FRIEND!!! HE IS SAFE!! I told her to please tell him to come on here, and reassure everyone.

For those of you who wondered what Cruisemates was all about. This is an example. We are family, with anyone else welcome to join!!!

Take care all....

Love you Jim..

Trip September 11th, 2011 07:59 PM

Tootsie..you made my night.......share the love;)

Lakers Fan September 11th, 2011 08:14 PM

Great news

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luanne Russo (Post 1391984)
JUST SPOKE TO VENICES FRIEND!!! HE IS SAFE!! I told her to please tell him to come on here, and reassure everyone.

For those of you who wondered what Cruisemates was all about. This is an example. We are family, with anyone else welcome to join!!!

Take care all....

Love you Jim..

I'm glad I came on here tonight .My plan was to call hospitals in his area starting tomorrow morning .

ToddDH September 11th, 2011 08:27 PM

Truth be told, both Luanne and I had checked the obituaries for not only Venice's hometown but even for New Orleans.

I'd reviewed probably a dozen funeral homes, called one Air Force Base where I thought Venice's son was (but they couldn't help me because I didn't remember his son's first name) and was going to call another tomorrow if we didn't get any news. If that were to occur, I was pulling out all the stops and going all the way up to the Base Commanders.

I am offering Big Time prayers tonight that Venice is alright and if ANYONE doesn't think we care about each other, then you damn well better think again!

My day is made because on this 9/11, we found out that one of our own is alright!

Thanks to Luanne, Henry and all of our beloved Cruisemates who care for each other as they would their own family. I am a recipient of that love and I, as do most of you, freely give it in return.

May God Bless you all!

Todd

Moiraine September 11th, 2011 08:51 PM

Thank goodness.

Cruznut2 September 11th, 2011 08:57 PM

Oh My God, I just got around to reading this thread. I am sending prayers for Venice. I am glad he was found okay. Prayers do get answered.
Todd I agree, the people in CM do care about one another. Family is important and CM is one big family.

Laura