Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Default And...It's Tuesday!

Morning Mates, from a sunny once again Pictou County.Chilly, but sunny!
I love having my mornings off to wake up slowly, relax, spend time on the computer, read, putter around, and psyche myself up for the 3 whirlwind hours at work in the afternoon. Believe me, those 3 hours feel like a full day, they are so jam packed with busy-ness, chaos, noise, drama and fun.
But right now, it's time for some breakfast....

donna
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Admiral

I am so very Blessed. You wouldn't believe what my niece DeAnna and our "adopted" daughterChris have done to the house in two days. Chris was here Saturday and DeAnna is still here, leaving today. Talking about feeling inadequate, these two girls were truly "bull workers" non-stop! They have even re-arranged my chest of drawers and night tables and put a lof of things (socks, underwear, etc.) in a large armoire

The house again looks like a home I'd be proud for people to again enter. All of the tons of "chochkies" have been packed up and are in the basement. I have my new computer set up here in the Sunroom (I've only had it sitting on the kitchen table for ten months....Fran bought it for me in October of last year for an early Christmas present).

I've an additional e-mail address as well as my old one. Trouble is, we put the old computer in the guest room and the Wi-Fi isn't powerful enough or a PC (at least we think that's the problem) to get on the internet. I can, however use my laptop anywhere in the house just fine so.....we have to look into the problem which may or may not be the aforementioned.

I'll never be able to repay DeAnna or Chris for all that they have done. They have, in fact, given me my house back!

Prayers for those on the list accompanied by Blessings upon all continue and I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week and especially, that Mike M is making progress.

In any event, my new e-mail address will be distributed to those who have the old one and until I get the problem solved in the guestroom, I'll have to check my old one on my laptop. So, for awhile, I'll be using my lap top a lot.

Todd
Old September 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a not so bad Texas. It is a little humid out, and sunny, but should not be as hot today.

Today is a very important day for me. When Joe died I had this dear friend, who I called my sister. We were so very close that she sat with the family, when we buried Joe. Two weeks later she disappeared from my life.

When times were tough, I would wish I had her by my side. I would cry for her love as well as Joe's. One day a year later, I realized I had made it through the worse part without her.

A week ago she found me on FB. We talked, and now today we are having lunch. Lunch, by the way was my idea. I feel like it is something that I need to resolve in my head. In many ways I don't want to go. Part of me wishes it was over with, but I tried to lead a life that my "Father " would want me to lead, and that includes Loving my neighbor as myself, so this is my part in making that happen.

Todd, You have jumped another hurdle. One of the hardest things I had to do was get rid of Joe's things. I am still doing so after 2 1/2 years. I am down to a med size box that is in my closet. I am so very proud of you for what you have been able to do, and very thankful to the girls for being there for you. They are your angels.

I hope that all of you have a good day. Please remember how very short this part of our life is. Make sure you make the best of it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 20th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning from rainy NY
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Luanne, I hope the lunch goes well. I am sorry it will be so difficult.

Todd, I am so proud of you. I too am glad you had the girls to help. I am also glad you and Ray will be taking the cruise together. It will be good for both of you. Wish I could be there.

RD, three hours would feel like a full day to me, too.

I'm kind of tired today. Think I'm short an hour or two of sleep. Maybe I'll catch a nap this afternoon.

Have a good day all.
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:45 AM
First Mate

A sunny, warmer day here in NW Ohio. To get into low 70's; yesterday was nothing but a steady rainfall all day! Really felt like fall!

Todd, glad you got your house back. I know, too, what it is like as I cleared out my mom's house in 2005. Even with a brother and sister, the majority of the work was mine (and I am the youngest!!!!). It was not pretty! Still isn't!

Luanne, good luck with lunch. Will be thinking about you. Hope all goes well.

My little Holly has just joined me in the office. I sure love the little furball! I am going to miss her on our upcoming cruise.

Good day to all!
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........

Boy........have I missed things........

Todd & Ray are going on a cruise together??? Great......

Todd...............isn't it great to have your house back??? You have some great angels........

Luanne......hang in there......lunch will be fun......it's hard but you need to do normal things.......

Things are tough here.......won't know alot until the 30th.......won't bore ya with details........

Thinking of those in need........Mike.....hope you're feeling better.......

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Admiral

A nice cool afternoon looms for Virginia Beach. I went to the gym this morning but left early as my bursitis, in my left leg, acted up. Then I did some chores around the house, and then had lunch with a friend at the IHOP. Todd, glad to hear that you have two "wonderful women" that helped you. I must say, it is easy to collect many "Chotchkas" over the years. It seems that every place that Rob and I travel to, I have to bring back some "momento" of the place. May all my fellow cruisemates enjoy their Tuesday. Thoughts and prayers go out to those who are not "up to snuff". With this change in weather, something is definiately going around!
Old September 21st, 2011, 09:59 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by balabusta View Post
then had lunch with a friend at the IHOP.
Good thing it was not one of the IHOP's in NW Ohio. The FBI, Homeland Security and other agencies raided six in the Toledo, Findlay and Lima areas yesterday. Suspect money laundring (sp?), illegal employees and other activities!

Toledo Blade<li class="w0" style="list-style-position:outside;margin-top:5px">Federal Agents Raid Seven IHOP Restaurants in Ohio and Indiana