CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Paul Motter Gets a New Column (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/385183-paul-motter-gets-new-column.html)

Paul Motter September 26th, 2011 07:00 PM

Paul Motter Gets a New Column

Hey you all...

I have been promoted at Fox, from regular columnist at FoxBusiness to the main site: FoxNews.com.

Here is my first column: Halloween Cruises For Singles Get Creative | Fox News

Please come & read it....

Trip September 26th, 2011 07:08 PM

How wonderful.....mazol tov!

Marc September 26th, 2011 07:14 PM

Paul, congratulations!!

Keep up the good work and maybe we can get Sarah Palin on one of our CruiseMates cruises (Sean Hannity would be ok too).

fun2cruiz September 26th, 2011 07:25 PM

Congrats to you Paul..... I feel like I am in the presence of a Celebrity !

Donna September 26th, 2011 07:37 PM

Hey Paul,
Loved the article, so glad you will be writing regular columns for Fox....WAY TO GO!

Lakers Fan September 26th, 2011 11:35 PM

or perhaps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1394443)
Paul, congratulations!!

Keep up the good work and maybe we can get Sarah Palin on one of our CruiseMates cruises (Sean Hannity would be ok too).

Barbara Boxer :evil:

rayb September 27th, 2011 08:00 AM

I

Up and attam guy. You are it.

skymaster September 27th, 2011 08:21 AM

Excellent column! Congrats on the promotion. All of us here at CM knew you could do it! We'll probably see you on "Fox and Friends" soon!

"SKY"

ToddDH September 27th, 2011 08:50 AM

Wonderful news and a GREAT column! Paul is the reason I joined CruiseMates.

Todd

Queen of Oakville September 27th, 2011 10:32 AM

Congratulations!

If I haven't mentioned it already .... I WANT YOUR JOB. I don't think it gets any better.

Paul Motter September 27th, 2011 11:52 AM

Thank you to all of you. I think most of you know me as fiscally conservative and socially unbiased (liberal would be too strong a word).

I doubt I will be doing any political writing, but sometimes I would certainly like to...

By the way - I heard that Sarah Palin refuses to do a cruise (she has been asked), but the Fox commentators usually do one every year. Biily Kristol "discovered" Palin on a cruise to Alaska and recommended her to McCain (or so the story goes).

Now, I'm not so sure how I feel about that, personally, but it isn't my place to say.

I don't know about Barbara Boxer, but maybe we'll get Juan Williams.

anniegb September 27th, 2011 12:07 PM

Fox is part of the Murdoch empire?

Annie

Paul Motter September 27th, 2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniegb (Post 1394549)
Fox is part of the Murdoch empire?

Annie

Yes, as far as I know. That story has gotten far less play here in the states (even with the so-called liberal media) than it has in the U.K.

Annie - I was going to say, cruising in the U.K. is still young, you could establish yourself as a cruise reporter now. Get in early - who knows maybe you will have my job someday.

That being said, I have cruised with John Honeywell of the Guardian many times on press trips. He is a nice guy.

anniegb September 27th, 2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1394555)
Yes, as far as I know. That story has gotten far less play here in the states (even with the so-called liberal media) than it has in the U.K.

Annie - I was going to say, cruising in the U.K. is still young, you could establish yourself as a cruise reporter now. Get in early - who knows maybe you will have my job someday.

That being said, I have cruised with John Honeywell of the Guardian many times on press trips. He is a nice guy.

Paul

I have retired (early) and plan to stay that way :)

You probably know in the UK - the Murdoch Empire is a dirty word - none of my family and friends will allow any of his publications or TV programmes in their homes.

Annie

LS80 September 27th, 2011 01:25 PM

Congrats Paul..................

Sharon

Kuki September 27th, 2011 02:22 PM

Paul... congratulations on the upgrade. Sure you'll get your thoughts out to a much wider audience.

Pretty soon you'll be leading a charge to remove taxes from cruise fares :mrgreen:

Snoozeman September 27th, 2011 03:32 PM

Congratulations Paul....looking forward to seeing them with a wider audience!

johnthed0g September 27th, 2011 03:55 PM

Congratulations my friend!!

Spartan kent September 27th, 2011 04:25 PM

Paul Motter September 27th, 2011 05:49 PM

Thank you to all of you...

MY mistake, it was the Queen of Oakville who wants my job, not Annie. Sorry I mis-read that.

I know the Murdoch thing hit really hard in the U.K. but I don't think a lot of Americans understand how big a publishing empire he owns.

He has a reputation as something of a sensationalist, celebrity stalker, I guess.

I think the mainstream media tried their best to play the story up here in the U.S. but it just didn't get any traction.

I guess I could make the argument that what he did was just in keeping with the stupidity of people to go on Facebook and tell the entire world their entire lives. Do any of us have any privacy anymore?

(Annie, that would be "priv -a-see" for you, not "pry-va-see.")

anniegb September 28th, 2011 05:33 AM

Paul

It was not the phone hacking of celebrities that angered the UK.

It was the hacking of the voicemail messages of a murdered teenager - which tipped the balance.

Sienna Miller et al 's voicemail - not interested.

Annie

Luanne Russo September 28th, 2011 08:11 AM

Paul, That is great and I loved your column. Your in very good company.

Keep up the good work.