CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Chilly Wednesday (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/385217-chilly-wednesday.html)

rollerdonna September 28th, 2011 07:27 AM

Chilly Wednesday

Morning Mates, from a chilly 7C (44F) in Pictou County. At least the sun is shining bright, and the trees are beginning to change colour - about a month late, but at least we finally had our summer in Sept.!
I've been busy with preparations for our "do" on Sat., decorating a pumpkin for a centrepiece, tying curly ribbons around plastic wine glasses for the reception, etc. At least I don't have to prepare the food, it's all ordered, including the cake. I will bore you with photos next week!

Today is another Terry Fox Run, this one with all 400+ students at the school where I work.
They walk around the neighbourhood with teachers and parents, having collected pledges for cancer research. I will be joining them and making my own donation...
Have a good day all!

donna

Luanne Russo September 28th, 2011 08:06 AM

Good morning everyone from a warm Texas. It is suppose to be close to 100 later today. I wish our leaves were turning because of the season. I suspect it is the dry, hot stuff instead.

Donna, I love hearing about your town. It seems that there is something going on all the time. I am afraid that because of cuts our little town will have less and less in the coming year. They have already said that the Christmas parade has been cancelled.

Yesterday my new treadmill arrived. I got such a good deal on it, but there is a problem. It is huge. I don't mean big, but huge. Right now it is in the livingroom, but soon I will have to find a place for it. Short of building a room for it, I guess I will have to do some furniture arranging in the other rooms. It is really cool.

Jim is packing up his stuff today, and has already mailed some of his stuff home. It will be nice to have him back. Just wish I had a date to look forward to. I guess all in due time.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

Mike M September 28th, 2011 08:42 AM

Good morning everyone:

I was, once again, up early this morning. At 5:00 a.m. I couldn't stay in bed any longer. I got up and paid the monthly bills. I was so happy to see a large balance in the checking account but now the balance isn't too big. I can't understand why the credit card companies, power companies, cell providers, satellite providers and phone company think you should have to pay for using their service. ;);):D

The steroids have really messed up my sleep pattern but they are doing their job and I should be ready for the annual "Mike-A-Wish" pheasant hunting trip in two weeks. I'll be there for comic relief and maybe throw some lead/steel in the air while I stand at the edge of the field. :D

Today's agenda will be to watch Betty break down an old entertainment center in the basement. It's big and heavy and we've been de-cluttering and now a set of simple shelves will work better for storing stuff than that monstrosity. I may get to play with the power screwdriver if she lets me. :D

Otherwise not much else happening.

Donna: Have fun getting ready for your "do".

Luanne: I had one of those monster tread mills once.................once. It is now at my niece's house but it was a long journey from one family memeber to the other to get there. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and a great rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

Moiraine September 28th, 2011 08:52 AM

Morning mates. I'm watching the other half trying to fix the door knob to the garage door. He's not having much luck, but it's entertaining for me. I'm thinking dad may get up early this morning.

My brother and SIL came to visit yesterday and brought goodies from the cruise. As I suspected, she only got him on a ship because he wanted to see Alaska. He said he was finished cruising. She however, would like to continue. I told her she might have to join me sometime. I have no idea if she will as they always vacation together. We'll see.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful hump day.

DougR. September 28th, 2011 09:21 AM

Good morning all! I just gave out the last of the tax dollars for this year, finished with almost three days to spare--a new record! My former office in NYC is still under the tyranny of the "Blood Beast" and is far from finished due to his interference. He is not just a micromanager, he is their king! Thank God I was able to escape!

Please pray for my 96 year old mother, she fell yesterday but aside from bruises, bumps and a cut on the forehead, she is ok. She is moving to my sister's next week (just across the street) and is not too happy about it.

Everyone have a great day and a great beach would make it even greater!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-...944605/jpeg/BG

Dover Beach, Barbados

LS80 September 28th, 2011 10:32 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........it's getting chillier here.......only 60's........at least we don't have to turn the heat on........yet..........

Mike.......sounds like you might get to have fun........hopefully you'll be able to use power.......not hand...........;)

Moiraine.............hope your SIL continues to cruise.....

Doug..........ahead of time......you're getting good at giving money away.........

Luanne...............hope Jim is home safe & sound soon.......

Not much going on today........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

skymaster September 28th, 2011 10:37 AM

G'Morning Mates. GREAT to hear from everybody. Yep,,,the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) also has a MONSTER tread mill, and it takes up half of our little sun room. It's truly amazing how big that thing is, but it does have all the "bells and whistles", and seems to work flawlessly, so I'm not going to complain. I have yet to set foot on it, (my excuse is that I don't have any proper footwear to walk long distances. That's my story, and I'm stickin' with it!) Vita has walked, and run miles and miles on the thing, and it's helping her get in shape for her Med Cruise next year. She knows the Captain is also Italian, and she's getting ready to get "pinched" a lot I think! :shock:
Got to run, but once again,,,great to hear from y'all.

"SKY"

CruisinK n J September 28th, 2011 11:04 AM

Chilly Wednesday

Good morning! Another overcast start for the day, which I hope will keep things cooler. It was 99 yesterday.

Not much going on here: gym for Keith, laundry to do for me.

Have a good day, everyone.

Judy

Haimia September 28th, 2011 11:14 AM

A sunny, but cool day in NW Ohio. Until the rain comes, again, later today!! Been out and about and busy as all get out!

Had infusion and leg scan on Monday, followed by DH surgery yesterday to put in an ear tube! Yes, at 50+ years, he still has major ear problems. Now his ear is draining like a faucet!! Ugh!

Took older dog to vet yesterday. She has a hot spot on her rear leg that is swollen. Also, itching, biting and scratching herself all over. It amazes me how quickly the predisone has helped her. We have a "new" dog today. She is resting and not biting, licking or itching herself. It was beginning to drive me nuts! So much better so quickly, I feel bad I did not take her to the vet sooner!

Well, lots to catch up in my office. Have a good day to all!

ToddDH September 28th, 2011 02:30 PM

Good afternoon everyone.

For some unknown reason I just could never get going today. I've got a cold and I guess it's getting to me as I have no "gumption" to do anything.

I did the "Mike Dance" and paid some bills. I am so absent minded I try and pay them the same day they come in so I don't forget.

One thing that makes me feel better is that I'm really starting to get pumped for Ray and my Epic cruise in March hosted by Trip. The thing I'm looking forward to most is meeting her and those of you I haven't already met last December and hopefully, some of those folks will join us as well.

Hope everyone is having a good "hump" day and of course Prayers and Blessings (with your mother added Doug) continue.

Todd