Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Default Already Friday!

Morning Mates, it's already Friday and what a quick week it was! We had some rain and nasty wind overnight, but the sun is struggling to come out this morning, and strangely, it has shot up to 21C already, so it looks to be a warm, humid day... Lots of rain in the forecast for tomorrow, which is not good news for our outdoor renewal celebration....

Meanwhile, today is volunteering at the Ship all morning, work this afternoon, and a "Burg-eer" Night at our favourite pub. They are having a BBQ, with burgers & beer (or wine), and this will be our dinner out for our anniversary.
By the way, thank you all so much for all your good wishes yesterday, it was a nice day all 'round.

donna
Old September 30th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning RD and all who follow. Had one of Mike M's nights last night and have been up since 3:45 am after going to bed around 12:30 am. At least got all of my laundry done, folded and put away along with some other odds and ends with the exception of stripping the bed.. I think I'm going to take a nap before I do the bed.

Supposed to be a pretty nice day today here in upper East Tennessee but in this part of the country, the weather can change in five minutes so......

Hope everyone has a great run-up day to the weekend and of course Prayers for those on the list accompanied by a request for Blessings upon all, continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 30th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all! Today we fly from Chicago to Baltimore for our Bermuda cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas tomorrow. Been looking forward to this cruise for quite a long time now. Looks like we have some nasty winds in the area which are causing some delays at the airport, so we'll see if we get out on time. My wife is telling me she REALLY needs this cruise and vacation, and is just our luck, TS Ophelia is going to pass about 200 miles east of Bermuda this weekend! We dock in Bermuda on Monday and Tuesday, so it shouldn't alter our itinerary, but the weather will probably not be nice. Our 2 year old daughter goes on her own little vacation to Grandma and grandpa's house for the week, where I'm sure she will be spoiled greatly! Everyone have a good day and good weekend

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old September 30th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
We too had a downpour yesterday that turned the world white for a bit...Today is a glorious fall day...you should all be jealous.....lol

I have both kids today,since its a Jewish holiday,and the schools are closed...Aiden in now almost 8 now,and quite tall! They can roughhouse with the best of em! The two of them together, means Memere will be on valium tonight.

Blue, have a good cruise...bring home some pink sand!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 30th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........chilly but supose to warm up today........

Trip..........good luck with both of the kids today.......will think about you...............

Y'all try & have a good day today.............

Sharon
Old September 30th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

Blue, enjoy the cruise.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old September 30th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Default Already Friday

Good morning! The sun is out bright and early. No overcast to keep the heat away.

Not much happenin', but that's a good thing.

Have a great day!

Judy
Old September 30th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Here in Patzcuaro, Mexico it is another beautiful day, probably in the high seventies. We are busy packing boxes and the big move is slowly getting underway. Our new house turned out more beautiful than we ever dreamed. Our builder is constantly surprising us with little special "extras" that we did not expect.

Yesterday he brought in four custom armoirs (forgive my french spelling.)
A pair of these will each go into the two huge walk in closets. And believe it or not they are finished better than most dining room tables, with crown moldings and beveled wooden sides, etc.

The irony is we expected typical U.S. closet treatments with a particle board shelf and a pole on which to hang clothes. I guess that minimalist kind of structure is not the "Mexico Standard."

What an amazing surprise. A week ago we found out the fountain has a valve for automatic filling and a drain. No siphoning necessary. Another huge surprise.

Anyway we are happy about our new casa but only dread the pending move. UGH!
Old September 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Moving sucks, but once you guys are settled it will be so worth the wait and the trouble. Enjoy your new home.
Old September 30th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Admiral

Good evening from rainy NY