Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Admiral

AR,

Yes, meant to say Hampstead but for some reason I seem to always write "Hempstead." I mainly want to see the Imperial War Musem and I hope if the war room isn't there, it's close. I also wanted to tour the light cruiser Belfast, which is docked adjoining Tower Bridge.

Deanna would make up my itinerary, research prices, book airlines, etc. as she and her husband go to see her sisters all of the time. They fly First Class usually unless First is filled then they fly business. They've been all over the world yet he pays absolutely nothing for air fare simply because he deals in high priced items and always uses one credit card. He deals with so much money that they can go virtually anywhere in the world at anytime for nothing. They also have one of those new international I call it "Safe Passenger" cards because they fly so often and since they've had it, they've yet to have to go through security. Fact is, DeAnna says that they're treated like royalty, especially at foreign airports, most especially in Asia.

She says I'll love Hampstead but that it is prohibitively expensive for Francesca (known as 'Cesca) and her husband and new son to live there, the hands down most expensive 5 square mile area in London in which to live. Her sister's husband designed the entire IT system for Heathrow's new terminal and she works at a well paying job as well. DeAnna tells me it's so expensive that they really have to watch their spending despite all the money he makes but they love it so much they won't move. Her sister says that's also where they want to raise their son.

Since it's prohibitive to fly to the Isle of Man even though it's only about a twenty minute flight from I think Liverpool, I'd be better to take the ferry as it's cheap and takes only about four or five hours and the cost of flying there is through the roof because only one airline (Manx Air) flies there and there is no competition.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean