Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Default Murky Monday

Morning Mates, it is certainly "murky" out there today, between the heavy rain that has not stopped for 2 days, and the heavy fog that has not yet lifted, and the humidity that lingers...

Yesterday was the first full day off I've had in I can't remember how long, and I needed it to catch up on a million and one things.
Sorting and posting photos was one of those things, smiling all the while with happy memories of our special day on Saturday.
Here's one more pic to share:

This couple, Anne & Keith, are the previous owners of our favourite pub where we play trivia. (they retired this spring). He is a piper, and piped us out to the ship, and she dressed in period costume like us, and presented us with a traditional "basket of sustenance" for the wedding night, home baked biscuits, homemade soup, and a tomato from her garden, all topped with a bright bouquet of sunflowers which was the only bright spot in a dull rainy day!
Such wonderful, warm, kind caring people, we really felt the love from everyone who was in attendance.
So, that was my weekend, how was yours?

donna
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Donna: I'm glad you had a fun weekend renewing your vows and taking a trip back to the nineteenth century.

For us it was a busy weekend, especially for Betty. She worked a twelve hour shift on Saturday night/Sunday morning. She also went on a window and screen cleaning frenzy. We washed all the screens and she washed all the windows. With the number of windows we have it was no small task. This morning she is worn out and not feeling well. She is back to sleep now but didn't have a good night and also has a low fever. oh oh.

I had a guys night out on Saturday. It was filled with debauchery and decadence. We went to church and watched my godson and my nephew play at the church service. They are EXCELLENT.
After that we went out for dinner and then the "guys" went out to a cigar bar and had a long talk, a cigar and a cocktail. It was a fun evening.

I think it will be a do nothing day today. At least until Betty goes to work. It is a gorgeous day and I'll see what I can do outside without lifting.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Well, so far it sounds like our mates had a nice weekend. Today is the first day of training at the OH's new job. I hope it goes well for him. He will be taking a pay cut in the unemployment for the job, but it's a job. I'll be doing my usual chores and taking care of dad routine. My daughter has me hooked on a book trilogy and I'm on book two. I'll be reading that when dad naps. Have a good day all.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Admiral

such nice pictures, you and James look very happy
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning folks! Our new fiscal year has begun. Hopefully it won't be as interesting and suspenseful as last years, however, I doubt it. Not even sure I will have a job past next week as the House is delaying the temporary spending bill until Thursday.

Marj is spending her first full week unemployed after being laid off by her gutless coward boss and lying manager after being assured two days before her job was secure.

Everyone have a great day!

Antigua

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Default murky Monday

Good morning! Well, not a murky Monday, but it will be a murky Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with some pretty good rainfall expected.

We had a pleasant Sunday lunching and then shopping for a media console. Furniture is expensive! Haven't bought anythng yet.

Gym day for Keith an housework on the agenda here. Hope everybody else has a nice day.

Judy
Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Hello everyone.

For the first time since Fran died, I fixed myself at least the facsimilie of a regular Sunday meal. All I had was pork roast and mashed potatoes but for me, it was a milestone.

I have a pear tree that was so bountiful with huge pears it broke the tree and it looked like hell. My neighbor knows a wood carver and this morning he took it down and piles all of the smallet limbs and sections near the curb. I gave my neighbor a check for sixty dollars as a fellow with a chopper is coming by maybe later on today to grind up all of that stuff. I've never seen not only so many pears in my life but their size was enormous. Neighbors have taken the majority for themselves, Church Bazaars, etc. I'm glad they're getting used yet there are still hundreds on the ground but they'll rot by next year so I'm not worried about them and I'll just mow around them the one or two times I mow the whole yard. Thereafter I just chop up the leaves from the Maple trees until they're almost dust and with the wind off the mountains, I'll get up one morning and everything will be gone and I mean everything.

Hope your wife's fever is gone this afternoon, Mike and hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Of course Prayers for thos on the list and a request on all of my beloved Cruismates continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 3rd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Admiral

It's another gloriously sunny day here in Patzcuaro, Mexico. It should reach the high seventies this afternoon with occasional white puffy clouds. (a perfect day in my book!)

I went to the "mercado" today and got my very first "mandarinas" (Mexican tangerines) of the season. They are fantastic. I was afraid it was too early in the season but I was pleasantly surprised by these sweet and flavorful treats.

I also bought some celantro and minta (mint) for the sopa albondigas we will be cooking for supper later in the evening. This is my firt try at albondigas soup but I think it will be good. Found an excellent five star rated recipe at food.com. It should be A.O.K. Yum Yum!
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Good evening from rainy NY