Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cruise Magazines

Hi!

I'm pretty new to cruising but hoping to book my first one for next year... :eek:

Can anyone recommend me any good cruise magazines? Do you read any?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

I just got my first issue of Porthole Cruise magazine recently and really enjoyed it. (Was kinda surprised to like it as well as I did)
Old October 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I too used to get Porthole magazine and totally enjoyed it too. I seem to find everything I am looking for right here at Cruisemates. Be sure to read through some of the recent and even older reviews and articles. Also, ask your questions here on the message boards, you'd be suprised at how much good information you'll get right here.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The best one I can recommend is: Cruisemates Cruise Ship Guide; Cruise Ship Reviews, Message Boards and Bargains.

There is a lot of great information on the main site and also here on the message boards.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

This is the place to be for sure, since we are current, and, with the magazines, with their lag time, some of their info is old already.

Check put our Photo Gallery to get real people, with, real pictures, not stock photos..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; October 5th, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old October 5th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Continuing to beat the proverbial dead horse, the above comments are truly appropos.

You can learn far more from this site, and I also mean all sides, than one could ever learn from a newsmagazine. This organization has beyond a shadow of a doubt, more informative reporting than does any cruise magazine.

Do we all love cruising? Of course! But none of us that I know of, especially the editorial staff, pull any punches and you're reading something written by someone who, while not about cruising, has written over 725 newspaper columns.

Take my word for it. All that you really need to know is found right here, though you have to peruse the site.

Welcome to our site; I think you'll find it more informative than any magazine to which you could ever subscribe. It is definitely not biased in any shape or form. Matter of fact, you'll find more honesty here than anywhere of which you could think.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 6th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Admiral

I get Cruise Travel magazine for free and do find some of the articles very informative concerning the new ship review and their focus on a specific port. I absolutely loved the article about Barcelona in their Steptember/October issue. Rob and I will be spending three days, post cruise, in Barcelonia an the article gave us some great ideas as far as what to see and do when we are there. That being said, one should look to Cruisemates as well as other sites concerning cruise information.