Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday - and the storm is not over!

Morning Mates,
I'm a little late with the morning thread because we had no power until about 9 am. It stormed all day yesterday, flooding many roads and fields. Overnight it blew down trees and power lines, and according to James who let the dog out earlier, we had snow and huge hailstones!

We went to the Hector Heritage Quay last night for the volunteer party, and I've never seen the Hector so far out of the water, and the water so close to the road, even the pier where we said our vows last weekend was under water!

Despite the weather, the party was certainly well attended. We were treated to a Thanksgiving dinner of sorts, turkey burgers (with turkey in cream sauce), stuffing balls, cranberry sauce, Caesar salad, and the most amazing desserts including apple pie, pumpkin pie, blueberry cheesecake, chocolate pie, and many more.
Then there were presentations and awards, and it was announced that collectively we had put in over 5,000 volunteers hours this summer!
They played my 10 min. video salute to the volunteers which was overwhelmingly received, people were crying it was so touching.
Finally, the winners of the pumpkin carving contest were awarded - I won 2nd prize with my Hector Passenger "Sick Scotty" who found there was too much motion in the ocean"!

donna
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Morning all. Thanks for the nice thoughts yesterday guys. Hope it will work out. I've not called yet to confirm, but my source was good.(Another caseworker.) No quiet time this morning. Just as soon as I got the animals fed and the teen off to school the old man was up and we were off for the day. I've got laundry going and chicken to thaw and marinate. I should have done that last night but I forgot. Sometimes I don't know if I'm going or coming! Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Admiral

great pic Donna! you came in second, what a shame! lol. The sun is shining here, finally, chilly start to the am but it is supposed to warm up nicely for the weekend.
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Donna, just your idea of what you were going to carve is unique and the finished product was perfect! You absolutely should have won!

Hope the storm dies down as the day progresses. It's beautiful again here in upper East Tennessee and the trees are really turning. I read where they thought the fall might come later because of global warming. Well, that sure isn't the case here, at least. If anything it's a little early.

Hope everyone has a wonderful pre TGIF and that you get all your chores done early Moiraine so that you can get some much needed rest!

Prayers and Blessings upon all continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday and the Storm is not Over!

Good morning. Well, our storm seems to have moved on. We had a thorough rain, though.

Keith got new hearing aids yesterday. He is a happy camper who now misses nothing. If the showers stay away, we will drive a few miles down the road and pick up an order for the Wright Flyer Project.

Donna, that's a great pic!

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Admiral

Good evening from chilly NY .