Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Default T.g.i.f.!!

Morning Mates, and am I glad it is Friday! The best part is that this is a long weekend for us Canucks, Thanksgiving is Monday and I am looking forward to some turkey!

I ended up in the emergency room last night after work. I had just arrived at work around 2 pm, with a new recruit for an assisted child care position, and while talking to her, I was moving our rolling cabinets out of storage and managed to crush my finger between the cabinet and the door. Much cursing and a hastily applied ice pack later, I realized I would have to go to the hospital, but couldn't leave with 27 kids coming in, so I toughed it out till 5:30...
5 hours later I finally got my X-ray, and luckily, nothing is broken, but it is still swollen and several lovely shades of purple!
Driving home in the dark, with no street lights, and everything from rain, wind, snow, sleet, ice pellets, and even dodging the salt truck, made for a very interesting evening!

I am SO looking forward to a relaxing weekend....

donna
Old October 7th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Friday and 1pm here in the UK and less than 3 hours before I finish for the week & start the weekend

Hope you have a lovely long weekend Donna, and yhat you haven't been tasked with doing all the cooking. You should sit back and claim that your injury means that you quite literally can't lift a finger

Take care,

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old October 7th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Admiral

good morning all. Chilly start to the morning but temps are supposed to rebound nicely. Sun is shining brightly. Hope your finger feels better donna
Old October 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Isn't Friday POETS day?

Pi$$ Off Early Tomorrows Saturday?

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old October 7th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Morning all. No quiet time for me. Heard my daughter's alarm go off about the time my "alarm cat" jumped in bed with me. I was working on getting my butt out of bed when I heard dad's bell go off. It was very busy for a while....

Donna, I hope that finger heals quickly.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.
Old October 7th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Looks like for the next several days, we will have a flashback to July weather...can you hear me screaming yay?

Not much going on..today is Lucy Friday. Someone gave her a pair of silver sandals with a little fat heel,and a rhinestone buckle. She came over yesteday with these on and socks! She looked like a Sophia from the Golden Girls, or, an elderly dancer, on her day off..Rofl!

Donna, at least your finger is purple, your favorite color,and you have purple clothes,and my baubles to really show it off. I don't think you know how to relax..you will find something to do, I bet on it But try...xo

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 7th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

I have not posted here in a while, and now I'm recuperating from jet-lag after a wonderful trip tp Itay.
Donna, I hope that your finger heals quickly.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 7th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........cool & yucky.....no July weather for us.........

Trip.........keep ip the good thoughts....they are working!!!!!!

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 7th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's Freedom Friday for me. I am officially off of lifting restrictions so I can now lift more than five pounds. I've already celebrated by moving my office chair up from the basement to my, recently reclaimed, office. I also moved my hunting stuff into the closet. For the last few years "my stuff" has been scattered all over the house and each Fall it has become the norm to hear me curse and yell about my hunting stuff being in four different closets or moved, without my consent, to the basement.

Next will be to re-organize my computer software and move my filing cabinets back into the office. We still have to decide if we will put a bed back in there or go the "fold out couch" route. It is a large room, 18'x 14", so it is a bit too large for an office and we used to use it for a spare bedroom/office/computer room. Now that I have fewer computers, servers, routers and firewalls in there and all of my son's stuff is gone it is a hard room to furnish to a point where it doesn't look empty or like a used furniture store.

Donna, sorry about the hurt finger. Was it your middle finger? If it was then you could take a picture of you showing your hurt finger and then send it to everyone you don't like.

Trip: My granddaughter has "eclectic" taste in clothing and sometimes I wonder "what the heck?" other times she looks pretty good. I know why her favorite show is "Project Runway".

Manuel: Welcome Home!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time in Italy.

On today's agenda is a bit more, as Fred Sanford used to say, "cordnatin" of the office. This weekend we have the kids over so grandma and grandpa can stock up on some love. They leave, with Dad and Mom, on Monday for a month in Australia. It's going to be an exciting adventure for the whole family. I wish we could join them but it isn't something we can do at this time. Last week my daughter was begging us to come. It wasn't so much that she wanted to be with Mom and Dad. She wanted help with the kids while she was conducting her training courses. My SIL will just have to get by.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 7th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Sharon, continued good thoughts from the northeast, to the northwest..xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 7th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Mike, no, it wasn't the middle finger, it was the "ring" finger, but on my right hand. Don't know how I did so much damage to an "inside" finger, you'd think the pinky would be first to be hit...

donna
Old October 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Default T.g.i.f.!!

Good morning! And a bright sunny one it is, too.

Eeeuuu, Donna, I can almost feel that pain!

I hope everybody has a nice day.

Judy
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Ohhh Donna, so sorry about your finger. Glad nothing is broken. I managed to break my middle finger.........remember that? As a result it does not bend anymore. I really have to be careful not to offend anyone without meaning to. On the other hand it does have it's uses.
Have a good day Mates.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a nice, warm, day in Virginia Beach. After cleaning the house this morning, I went with Rob to the doctor's; he picked up something from one of our grandchildren and it let to breathing problems. (unfortunately, young children don't always cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough, spreading their germs). We then went out to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant for lunch. In fifteen minutes I will pick up Rob's medicine. Yom Kippur starts at sundown so I will be off line for a day. Have a great weekend, fellow cruisemates!
Old October 7th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Now that its about 7:30 pm I'm finally getting around to the "morning post."

I too am so glad your finger wasn't broken R/D. But that doesn't take away the pain. Maybe a visit tonight to your favorite Pub might just be the ticket, you think?

Am certainly glad to hear you're back to your old self Mike. I still wouldn't overdo it, though.

Sharon, you're in my thoughts as well.

Laura, I can see both the challenges and benefits of your situation.

Wishing all of our Jewish CruiseMates a meaningful Yom Kippur.

Prayers for all of those on the list and I'm so glad I've been able to remove some. I've decided to do what my Niece Deanna does. She types out a list so she doesn't forget anyone. Of course a blanket request for Blessings upon all of my beloved Cruisemates follows that prayer.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean