CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Saturday, Lovely Saturday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/385366-saturday-lovely-saturday.html)

rollerdonna October 8th, 2011 08:01 AM

Saturday, Lovely Saturday!

Morning Mates,
It is an absolutely gorgeous sunny Saturday here in Pictou County after a whole week of miserable gray and rain. It is only 7C (44F) but is supposed to warm up to 21C or 69F, so can't complain.
My finger is feeling better today, soaked it in Epsom salts last night and it really helped.

Today will be my last shift at the Ship Hector, and I have to admit it will be sad to say goodbye. I've loved working there all summer and meeting so many wonderful people, both tourists and fellow volunteers. At least we know we will be open again in May for another season!
So, what's everyone got planned for the weekend?

donna

ToddDH October 8th, 2011 08:22 AM

Good morning R/D and all who follow.

I know the emptiness you'll feel after today R/D but May will be here before you know it!

It's off this afternoon to a friend's to watch a football game with his family. It will do me good to get out of the house for the first time in a long time.

Prayers and Blessings continue.

Moiraine October 8th, 2011 08:58 AM

Morning all. Well, same old thing for me. The other half decided to go to the store early this morning and get groceries, which was nice of him. Only problem is he did not bother to take my list....so he's going to have to go back because he forgot four of five things that we can't go another week without. :p

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Dhill October 8th, 2011 09:23 AM

GOOD MORNING finally its Saturday well the rains have moved into the Pacific Northwest. After a week of rain it is suppose to be nice for half the day today before the rain comes back.So the wife and I are going to get the boat ready and go see if we can get a few crab before we get soaked. Hope everyome has a great weekend.:D

Aerogirl October 8th, 2011 09:52 AM

Good morning
Woke up with a splitting headache that won’t go away, I hate it!
Another day of summer like weather here in the “windy city” and I must say the tree colors sure are beautiful this year.
Donna like Todd said it will be May before you know it, what a fun thing to do with you summer. Glad your fingers feeling better too.

Only 49 more days to go until my cruise!!! :D

Manuel October 8th, 2011 10:16 AM

Good morning Mates

We are having great weather this weekend. Temps in the eighties and full sunshine.
We are packing things to take to Florida. We will be moving at the end of the month.

I hope that everyone has a nice weekend.

TM

Mike M October 8th, 2011 10:30 AM

Good morning cruisers, cruisettes and all the ships at sea. It actually rained for about fifteen minutes this morning. We really need it. I've been watering my arborvitaes and smaller evergreens because they'll need it going into the Winter.

Yesterday I did my "cordnatin" of my office, got rid of some stuff out of the garage and changed the batteries in the Suburban. They weren't testing out as well as they should. They were six year batteries and the Chevy dealer gave me a 50% credit on two new ones. Not bad. The Suburban has the "cold weather" package so it has two batteries instead of one.

We will be leaving in a couple of hours to go and pick up the grandkids. I made a reservation at a local hotel that has a great pool for kids. We'll stay there tonight and let the kids swim their hearts out. It was actually less expensive to rent a room for the night than pay for four "pool packages" that gives you access to the pool, waterslides, and showers. It is included with the room. Though I'm not sure about it since the kids are going to be spending the next month in "hotels".

I hope everyone has a great weekend and has some Fall Fun.

Take care,
Mike

LS80 October 8th, 2011 10:51 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Dhill...............we've only had a few drizzles here.......that's a technical term here in Washington.........fog this am.....suppose to make it to low 60's today......

Mike.........sounds like fun......not sure who will have more fun.....grandkids or grandparents........;)

Not too much going on today.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

CruisinK n J October 8th, 2011 12:30 PM

Saturday, Lovely Saturday!

Good morning! Beautiful and sunny here in SoCal. Goin' back up to the hundreds mid-week, though.

Yesterday, we made an emergency trip to Arcadia to see an audiologist, because Keith dropped one of his new hearing aids. It landed on carpet but he insisted one of them didn't work as well as it did.

Keith has long since departed for Riverside. After he left, I went back to bed and slept another hour. Errands and laundry await me.

Have a nice day, everybody.

Judy

Lakers Fan October 8th, 2011 09:56 PM

It was a beautiful sunny day