Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Default Thoroughly Dull Thursday

Morning Mates, it's a thoroughly dull Thursday out there, and only 11C (51F). No rain though...yet!

I am going to enjoy this morning. I am meeting my boss at Wal Mart to spend money! We are going on a shopping spree to equip my new pre-school program with whatever we need to get it up and running. (I will be teaching a 4 yr old pre-school class 2 mornings a week, in addition to my after school program).
Speaking of which, we are now officially at capacity (30) and have a waiting list of 4!
No wonder I am so exhausted when I get home at 6:00!

donna
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Morning all. It rained off and on here yesterday and last night. I think the rain is supposed to move out today. It was much needed. Not much going on yet. The teen went off to school dressed for spirit week looking kind of like Jennifer Beals in Flashdance.

Talked to the correct person yesterday about the respite care, and it looks like we are indeed in business for me to have two vacations next year. If nothing happens I'll be going to Florida in the Spring with my brother and sister in law for a week and then I'll be taking a cruise next Fall with my cousin. It gives me something to look forward to. Yay.

Well, I do hope you all will have a wonderful Thursday.
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Blah, blah., blah, & blah...raining and more to come...I did my errands yesterday, so no running around the rain drops for me. I did buy Lucy, a Hallowen costume...
sort of like a candy corn, witch, princessy look She'll be a hoot,and I will post a picture!

Tonight, I am having dinner with 2 very old pals..We have known each other since we were 12. We planned our 3 reunions together,and I hope I am not getting hoodwinked into doing it again....No one was ever interested in doing the deed, so many years ago, I started finding people..not an easy thing to do, as I went to an all girls school...married names and all..So, because I have no patience,and we hadn't had a 5 year reunion..why wait till 10 years, I made it a 9 year We will talk till the cows come home, or the waiter kicks us out

Moraine...a big yay for you...you deserve a break....Rd, good for you.. you got all the patience I didn;t get!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A rainy and cooler day here today. Not much else going on.
Have a nice time tonight trip!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:43 AM
First Mate

A dull day here, also. Fog, cloudy and rain due later. Oh well, I have plenty in my office to do!

DD#2 will be home tonight. For a minute! Then, off with her fiance' for pizza night on his side. Then, tomorrow they leave for Illinois. So, with DH working all weekend, a quiet one for me! Maybe I can get cleaning done early (or late??) and spend the rest of the time scrapbooking. I have one day left on our last TA cruise - Barcelona. So, I have almost finished my first scrapbook (taking two albums to house it all!)!

DD#1 said she will come by to visit over the weekend. Their house is drywalled and coming along nicely. They hope to be in before Christmas.

Good day to all!
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

It's gloomy and wet here, but we have indoor chores to perform so we are OK.
Moiraine, you certainly deserve some time off.
Donna, those kids sure are lucky to have you in their lives.
Trip, enjoy the dinner with your friends.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........normal weather........dark & yuck..........

Trip..........have fun at dinner........it's fun to get together & catch up........

Moiraine.............good to hear you get a couple of vacations........you need to have something to look forward to.......

Not much going on today......a couple of errands.....

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates. I've pretty much been MIA on CruiseMates the last 6 weeks, not writing my weekly blog, and spending very little time on our message boards.

For over a month my mother was in hospital, in critical condition. Last week she was released and is at home. However, they refer to her condition now as final stages cardiac failure.

I've got her extended coverage at home, with an extra live in, and physically at the moment she is relatively stable. This last bout has taken a toll on her mentally. Her cognitive abilities have taken a significant downturn. They suspect her bad heart caused limited blood flow to the brain to be partially responsible.

The good news is she is one "tough broad". This is the 5th time they told us she wouldn't leave the hospital, and she once again has beaten the odds. We're hoping her recovery will continue, so she can enjoy some quality of life.

As things stabilize,you guys will be stuck seeing more of me back here, though in this situation it is difficult to think too much about cruising.
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Please G-d, we hope can see you bratty mug more often! I hope your Mom, is once again, on the road to a good recovery and spending the winter in Arizona. xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 13th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Admiral

I am glad to see you back Kuki and I hope that your mom makes a full recovery.
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Admiral

Kuki,

My thoughts are with you and your family and I've added your mother to my Prayer list.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Morning Mates, it's a thoroughly dull Thursday out there, and only 11C (51F). No rain though...yet!

I am going to enjoy this morning. I am meeting my boss at Wal Mart to spend money! We are going on a shopping spree to equip my new pre-school program with whatever we need to get it up and running. (I will be teaching a 4 yr old pre-school class 2 mornings a week, in addition to my after school program).
Speaking of which, we are now officially at capacity (30) and have a waiting list of 4!
No wonder I am so exhausted when I get home at 6:00!

donna
I had a productive day .Two hours of exercise followed by an hour of walking .I then went to lunch with one of my friends .After that a walk on a boardwalk and then home to watch Justin Verlander beat the Rangers.