Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Default Rainy Friday

Morning Mates,
I knew all that cloud yesterday was up to no good! It is raining heavily today, but up to 14C or 57F, quite mild for mid Oct.

Yesterday my boss and I shopped till we dropped, 2 hours in Wal Mart and another hour in the Dollar Store, filled up both our cars with stuff! Then we went out for a much deserved BBQ chicken lunch! Got a call from my co-worker who was at the hospital awaiting tests for suspected appendicitis, so my boss ended up coming to work with me all afternoon. What a day!
Today I have to go to the new program site and unload all that stuff out of my car...in the rain...

Kuki, it was great to see you posting yesterday, but I'm sorry your mom has not been well.
Sounds like she is one "tough old bird" to defeat the odds once again. Hope she is resting comfortably at home.

So, what's everybody got planned for the weekend? I'm hoping to get out and photograph some of the spectacular fall colour. Living in the country makes for a beautiful drive to and from work, some of the areas are so beautiful.
Will share if I get some good shots....

donna
Old October 14th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning R/D and all who follow!

The sun is out and the high predicted for today is 71 which should make it one of the year's "top ten" days. I certainly hope it is as today I'm hosting a big BBQ cook-out for the seniors at the Apartments I used to manage. I have to get crackin' as I've a lot of set up to do this morning and it starts at Noon so this will be short and sweet.

I too so hope Kuki's mom continues her recovery and that it now appears Moraine will get to go on her cruise next year!

Well sportsfans, hope everyone has a wonderful TGIF run-up to the weekend. Sunday, I leave for Myrtle Beach with my niece DeAnna and her husband, Lucky. Tomorrow I'll be getting to see Fran's and my two best friends and their dog "Happy Dog," as they'll be in town. Can't wait!

Don't forget to post plenty of pictures R/D!

Prayers and a request for Blessings continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 14th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates, It is sunny and cool here in beautiful Lakeland Florida. I have been here trying to fix a computer that won't boot up. I have run every test in the system. It just won't pinpoint the problem. I may have to give in and take it to a repair shop. It is really frustrating as I need the second computer to work.
RD it sems like you have been very busy. I read every day and all you dowould wear me out.
Todd that bbq sounds fun, I am a senior can I come? Have fun at Myrtle Beach. That is a great place to visit.
Kuki, I was unaware that your Mother was ill. I am so sorry to hear that news. I am glad that she is recovering. Prayers from here of course.
Time to get back to my ailing computer. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 14th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Morning all. Having my quiet time now. Got the kid off to school. Today is 70s day for spirit week. She's dressed in her outfit. Today is also her 18th birthday. The time has flown. I got up early to give her some of her gifts. It's also homecoming. Her dad will go to the game tonight to watch the halftime show. She is in the flag line. I won't be able to go as I'll be home with dad. That kind of crowd would put him over the edge. I'll get to see video later, I hope.

RD, can't wait for the pics.

Todd, enjoy lunch, but please don't overdo it. I worry that you push yourself too hard.

Laura, I hope you figure out what the problem is with the computer.

Have a good day all.
Old October 14th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Muggy, showery, and not a typical, mid October day here, nor is the foliage. Usually, we are peak this week, but not this year.

Today is Lucy Friday...she came over yesterday, to get her costume, and the smiles, & hugs I got, made my day.

Last night, dinner with my pals, was so much fun... slipping back in time, gossip,and good food.

Todd have fun going south...Make it a good one

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 14th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........just plain old fall weather here........maybe upper 50's.........

Not much happening.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old October 14th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Admiral

We got some heavy rain last night, expecting more of the same today and tonight, leaves really started to turn this week, hope the rain doesn't knock them all off of the trees. This is the last "official" camping weekend, boo hoo, having a little birthday celebration for me with all of our camping friends on saturday night.
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Hi mates

We have had some rain this morning and now we are having sunshine.
I took my son for a nice lobster lunch and gave him a nice present.
Now I will have to move some boxes that the DW has packed. It's hard to believe that we will be moving to Florida in two weeks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 14th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Admiral

We just returned from baby sitting .

Manuel,the magic number is now 12