Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday With a Rainfall Warning

Morning Mates, nothing like waking up to a rainfall warning! I guess it's better than a snowfall warning....

Another great day at work, it's wonderful having extra help. Still noisy and chaotic, but not so stressful!

Congrats to Trip on becoming a Great-Grand yesterday! Must be wonderful to see your family growing like that.. I'm still waiting on the first Grand...

donna
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Morning all. Not much to report. We had a very cool night. I have the heat on this morning for the first time. Guess I better go feed the dog his breakfast before he he throws himself at the door. Have a good day all.
Old October 19th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Familiar Face

Snow is fun! Bring it on...

In the mean time, the Statendam is passing through the Gatun Locks of the Panama canala right now: Multimedia - PanCanal.com

Old October 19th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I have returned from the annual pheasant hunting extravaganza. We had a great time and everyone returned with a full limit of pheasants. Even I was able to bring down a few.

I did return to the cleanest house in town. My darling wife went on another cleaning frenzy that included, shampooing of all carpets, cleaning and polishing of all cupboards and woodwork and the refinishing of the desktop in my office. I caught the frenzy when I came home and decided to clean out our fire proof cabinet/safe. I cleaned out about 1,000 pages of old tax returns, receipts and other documents that are no longer needed. I don't think the IRS will audit me back to 1984. I also dumped all the old cruise confirmations and invoices. It was fun to see what we paid for all those memories. The best thing was that I found a large number of good old EE U.S. savings bonds that Betty had accumulated from 1980 - 1996. We had put them in the safe ages ago and basically forgot about them. That itself is a little scary. They were all $100 bonds and I looked up their value and they are now valued between $163 - $198. I love finding money. We decided we'll just put them in the safe deposit box and leave them for the grandkids.

Today we will meet with our financial adviser, Joe Ponzi , to move some of the family fortune (ya, right) around in final preparation for Betty's retirement.

Otherwise that's about it. I hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope the rest of this week is a wonderful one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........cool & yuck.....

Mike........dontcha just love finding stuff ya forgot about?? I did that a few years ago......EE bonds also......that was a nice surprize.......

Not much happening today......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old October 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
First Mate

Cool and dreary here in NW Ohio. Only to get into mid 50's and rain all day. Maybe up to 2-3 inches by tomorrow night. Not sure if DH will get lawn mowed by the end of the weekend. Oh well, it will freeze soon anyway!

Doggies are sleeping somewhere in the house. Little Holly got herself in trouble a couple days ago. She was barking, for help. DH could not find her. Finally located her in back bedroom, behind a pile of blankets that fell to the floor. Little pooch did not know how to get over, around and out of the situation. Silly girl.

Have a good day to all!
Old October 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday with a Rainfall Warning

Good morning! No rainfall warnings here, but it was foggy again which makes for a good day to sleep in.

Just the usual stuff going on around here: gym for Keith and housework for me. Keith doesn't like his new gym, the longer drive the bigger, noisier gym. Takes time to get used to new things when you're 82.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old October 19th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAddict View Post
Snow is fun! Bring it on...
I will be glad to give you my share.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 19th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Admiral

I had a freak accident on Sunday and I've had to stay off my feet for 72 hours .Therefore ,I watched the rain today.Tomorrow I will be out and active.