Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Default Storm is-a-Coming Wednesday!

Morning Mates, the weather warnings are out there, there's a big one coming in around midday, and we're in for either up to 30 cms of snow or an awful lot of freezing rain, depending on where you are situated.
Right now it is dull, frosty and -2, and so far no school cancellations, as school will be out by the time the worst of it hits, but driving home tonight should be interesting....

Come to think of it, we have tickets for a show in Pictou tonight, hope we will be able to go!

Todd, how did your Dr. appointment go? Are you resting up for Thanksgiving? Take care!

donna
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. Got the two appointments for this week done yesterday. Got chores today. Tomorrow will be a slow day, I hope. Will be getting leftovers for Thanksgiving twice aand having company.

Donna, please be safe in the storm. Don't go out unless you have to.

Hoppe Trip and Luanne get what they want today. Trip, try not to run over the deliverry guy.

Hope the sick feel better.

Have a good one all.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Admiral

good morning all, heavy rains last night, more limbs down, power down for a couple of hours, enough all ready. Dull, dreary, chilly rainy day today. Happy Thanksgiving to all
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........windy & wet........but it's 50....I'll take it........

Not much happening today.......

Thinking of Todd & Ray.............

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi KIds,
The rain is here,and I'm thankful that's all it is, but, Logan will be a mess for travelers today, as well as all the east coast. Glad I will not be in the air today.

If you got an email from me, my apolgies. My computer got a virus, and sent some crapola to a lot of you. We, ran a scan for hours overnight. These scumbags should choke on a wishbone!

Since my dogs alert me when the mail truck is 2 doors away, I always look out the window, to see if something needs to be signed,and tell him I will meet him at the garage, so as to avoid him having a heart attack with the dogs. Yesterday I watched a sub mailwoman drive the truck like she was in a Nascar race, with jerky stops and starts. If she brings the Kindle...oh my!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:24 AM
Captain

The rain has finally stopped here leaving it overcast and a little on the warm side for this time of year. I awoke at 5am on a day I could sleep in. Could not go back to sleep so I got up and started getting things ready for tomorrow's dinner. I have 2 pumpkin pies and one chocolate pie ready. Ready to put in the oven in the morning are the baked beans, sweet potatoes and rolls. Cole Slaw is made, eggs boiled for deviled eggs, potatoes peeled for mashed taters and all the veggies for the dressing are chopped. Tomorrow morning I will make the dressing, put the turkey in the roaster and cook the taters then wait for it all to come together for a feed. I'm sure by Sat. we will be tired of left overs but heck that is what Thanksgiving is for. Cook one day and eat for 3 or 4!
RD, sorry for your weather forecast and hope you make it to your show tonight. Safe travels.
Trip, I hope your new Kindle gets to you today in one piece.
Todd let us know how your Dr. appt. went yesterday. May you be feeling better every day.
Ray, hoping you are feeling much better by now. Take it easy and get well.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and don't forget to say a prayer of thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Guess all you need to know is that it's going to be 82 degrees in Scottdale today!!

It means a top down ride to the golf course

I bought this "jalopy" convertible over 2 yrs. ago for $2500, and (touch wood) the sucker had been running like a charm. Up to 120,000 miles on it now.

Have some friends arriving in town tomorrow night. Imagine Mrs. Kuki will be hauled off fo Black Friday shopping, while I'll be "forced" to play more golf.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Oh d**n Kuki, what a terrible life!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a beautiful, sunny Texas. We are on the cool side this morning, but should warm up into the 70's.

I have been a busy beaver the last couple of days. Shopping was done the last two days, and yesterday I cleaned the house really good.

This morning I have baked the biscuits, and the ham is almost done. After that is finished I will do the turkey breast, and the corn bread. I want everything done by tonight, because Josh has to work tomorrow afternoon, and I want him to be able to eat before he leaves.

Yes, my Kindle was in yesterday's mail. I let Jim set it up, and then I played with it until bed time last night. It is perfect for me, because I can now take one thing on trips, instead of my regular kindle, and my computer.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Default Storm is a Coming Wednesday

Good morning! Nice and sunny here, but a little chilly. Our Thanksgiving Day rain has been downgraded to practically nothing.

Keith got a notice that his Kindle Fire is on the way. I started my Christmas shopping yesterday. Wish I could do all of it on line.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old November 23rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all!

As I believe I wrote on another thread (at my age, one forgets quite quickly), I had all of my cardiology appointments. I'll just say, the report was as I expected it would be. Those two CA's took their toll so I must learn to live with the results, mad as it makes me. It's better than the alternative although that divide is diminishing rather quickly.

Had a few Gin and Tonics last night (I'm out of Bourbon) figuring, "What the hell, you feel like that anyway" and wouldn't you know, today I felt a bit better! One must understand that I build a highball, as a good friend once told me, "...to a degree that just one is sufficient to get a movie starlet into the sack with Quasimodo. Of course if he had one too, it would be a hollow victory!" In the words of the late "philosopher" W.C. Fields, "Can't stand drunks! Gives drinkin' a bad name!"

Looking forward to tomorrow's Thanksgiving repast and fellowship at my cardiologist's (where of course everything will be artery clogging and fat filled). As I also believe I wrote elsewhere, I bought a ham I was going to bake and then figured, "What the hell" and bought a 10 pound Honey Baked Ham. At $73 the thing better be REALLY good! The cheap one that I'm fixing next week will have more fat on it, so I'll enjoy mine more than I will there's! I hope my ICD can't read my mind!

Today is the biggest day of the year for the Pizza industry (no lie, it actually is!) but I think I'm going to have some macaroni and cheese for supper as I live too far out for delivery.

Prayers and Blessings as per usual, but of course. If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, "Happy Toikey Day to all" and oh, the weather is supposed to be perfect for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Good evening from rainy NY
Old November 24th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinK n J View Post
Good morning! Nice and sunny here, but a little chilly. Our Thanksgiving Day rain has been downgraded to practically nothing.

Keith got a notice that his Kindle Fire is on the way. I started my Christmas shopping yesterday. Wish I could do all of it on line.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
A little chilly what did it dip down into the 70s last night ?