Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Thursday..Turkey Day!

Hi Kids,
Bright and chilly, a perfect Turkey Day. Just put the bird in, and, am getting a head start on some of the veggies.

The Kindle came,and I am learning slowly..Since I still have a flip phone,and not an iphone, the lerning curve is slower for me I love the bright screen..so much easier to read on this version. I will be the turtle in this electronic race...lol

I have been told, all you eat today is fat free..enjoy!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning to Trip and all that follow. I am still bach-ing it so I am on my own for Thanksgiving. I am about to start a large pot of beef barley soup. The rest of the day will be taken up with football and chores around the house; Arlene gets home Monday and I can't wait. She will probably make another pilgramage to Orlando in a couple of weeks but at least we will have some time together. I can't wait for our cruise in January where she can't get away from me.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Morning and happy turkey day. Thought I was gonna have a slow day. Now it's a race to have a slow afternoon.

Marc, enjoy your soup and football. Sorry you are by yourself.

Trip, at least you have the patience to learn. I get frustrated learning new stuff like that, so. good for you. Enjoy.
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A bit of a cooler day in the valley of the sun for Thanksgiving. But a warming trend for the next week beginning tonight.

Mrs. Kuki is busy trying to paint a coyote. On paper... not the actual coyote.

Thanksgiving dinner on tap for this afternoon at my sister's. Be nice because I'll get to see the family.. my nieces and all 7 of my grand nephews and nieces.

Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Thanksgiving!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Happy Thanksgiving to all Cruisemates.

We are in Myrtle Beach, SC for our 3rd. Turkey day in a row. The difference is that now we go south afterward instead of going north.

We used to go back to CT. and now we will go back to Fl.

Have a wonderful day folks,

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........dry today & warm.......I'll take it.......

Trip....I know what ya mean about learning new things......it is SOOOOOOOO hard......

Kuki........enjoy the family........

Marc........just hope ya remember what to do with Arlene in January........if ya catch her........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old November 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday . . .Turkey Day

Good morning! It's sunny and chilly here, too, but very little, if any, rain. That's a good thing for those of us who must drive. The weather mavens say it'll be in the 80's next week, though.

We plan to have turkey and all the trimmings mid-afternoon. Other than that, I guess it will be like a Sunday . . .

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everybody!

Judy
Old November 24th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Admiral

We are leaving here later this afternoon to celebrate the holiday with approximately 30 people .

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL CM ers .
Old November 24th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Captain

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
The sun is shining, the turkey is done along with the sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, baked beans, cole slaw, cranberrie sauce, pumpkin pie & of course the dressing. Now just waiting on the kids to arrive. Should be here soon. D/D's mother-in-law is coming also and she is bringing her famous noodles. I'm sure we will eat way more than we need to!

Hope you all have a great day as we have so much to be thankful for.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 24th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from my new kindle. It will be a slow start but I am learning. Have a good day all.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good mid-afternoon. I've been hunched over a counter, stove, food processor or cutting board for the last six hours. Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving and today is the prep day. I had to 86 my squash dish because the squash I bought from the local market was the most tasteless squash I've ever had. I cooked it and "tried" to salvage it but it just ended up tasting more like sweet potatoes than squash. One less dish on the table.

Betty has made her shrimp and veggie dips and tomorrow we'll just have to cook the turkey and the potatoes and, while the turkey is resting, we'll just heat up the stuff we made today in the ovens.

I hope that everyone hasn't overeaten (ya right ) and had and is having a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 24th, 2011, 06:36 PM
First Mate

Talking

Hey there everyone - from the southern US. It's been warm here this turkey day - in the high 70's. We had turkey, a sweet potato casserole (an Epicurious recipe I made), mashed red potatoes, corn bread dressing, cold 3 bean salad, cranberry, ambrosia, and pumpkin cheesecake. We're all feeling like the stuffed turkey!!
Old November 24th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Yep, stuffed here, too.
Old November 24th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Admiral

Had the most idyllic Thanksgiving imaginable today and boy did I need that.

I spent the day with my cardiologist and his family (including members of his band and their families) at their gorgeous and opulent home. When first I walked in I thought, "Oh God, I'll be afraid to sit down!" I mean their home is an absolutel show place and it's huge.

I needn't have worried. Little Bit and Roxie, their dogs have the run of the place including the furniture. While I was on the sofa in the great room, Roxie, climbed up, put her head on my leg and went to sleep.

I have seen huge Thanksgiving dinners and been involved in many but this one beat all. The greatest part for me was that the kids, 13 year old Katie and 16 year old Jeffrey treated me better than most kids treat their grandfathers. They and the other kids who were there vied for my attention all day. Jeff and Jen are truly "regular folks" as was everyone else. I love to be in a lovely home but especially one that is actually "lived" in as opposed to being a "show place" and there's certainly is. I have to say, it was probably the best Thanksgiving I've ever spent in my life. The outpouring of love and affection was unparalleled. My part came during the cleaning up stage removing all the turkey off the bone, putting things away, stacking the dishwasher, etc.

I've no idea what I've ever done to deserve such treatment but what I received was totally unreserved love whether if be from Jeff, Jen or the kids. Jeff was at the hospital most of the day but made it home just in time for the feast.

If your Thanksgiving was even half as good as was mine, it was wonderful. And don't worry about the squash Mike, it's a pain in the A** to fix anyway.
There's a trick I use if it's yellow squash. Dot it with a lot of butter and then sprinkle brown sugar over it. It covers up everything!

God Bless you all and I hope each and everyone of you had a marvelous and "thankful" day.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old November 24th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Todd, it makes me smile to know that you had such a wonderful time.