CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Friday Lovely Friday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/386313-friday-lovely-friday.html)

rollerdonna December 2nd, 2011 08:37 AM

Friday Lovely Friday!

Morning Mates, I'm glad it's Friday, even though I feel like I had my weekend with a day off yesterday...
It was a painful day after my early morning cortisone shot. I felt like I was walking around with a giant painful football on my elbow all day, couldn't bend it or use it at all.
Thankfully, the swelling and pain has diminished somewhat this morning, but it's not back to normal yet. However, life goes on and I'll be back at work this afternoon.

Tonight is the "tree lighting" ceremony down at the Ship Hector and in downtown Pictou. I always laugh when they use the term "downtown", because it's such a tiny little rural town. Might try to get down there and take some pics if I get out of work early enough.

Trip, don't know if you saw my late night post on yesterday's morning thread, but would you mind sharing your "corn pudding" recipe? Sounds good!

donna

green_rd December 2nd, 2011 08:56 AM

Good Morning Mates,

Donna, glad you are feeling better. I hope your shot does it's work. My father went through a series of those on his knee.

Chilly day here in Indy, we had our big "tree" lighting last Friday on the circle. They have quite the hoopla but we have never gone.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...O_LoX46FUXnVSA

Moiraine December 2nd, 2011 09:34 AM

Morning mates. We are getting off to a chilly but sunny start to Friday. Guess it will be a bust day. Maybe if I say that it will be slow. Wishful thinking, I know. Have a good day all.

Luanne Russo December 2nd, 2011 10:11 AM

Good morning everyone from a rainy Texas. It has rained most of the night, and we are loving it.

Tonight is the annual Black and white ball. I have a dress I always thought of as my weight loss goal dress. It will finally fit after all these years. It should be a lot of fun tonight, and I am looking forward to it.

Several days ago I moved the furniture around so that we could put the tree up. So far all we have done is talk about doing it. I don't think any of us really want to, so we shall see.

I finished all my shopping yesterday. It is a relief to get it out of the way.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Love you Todd

Luanne

Trip December 2nd, 2011 10:41 AM

Hi Kids,
Bright & cold here,and Lucy is home today.Her Dad had the day off, so, what do I do, where do I run..lol

Donna, I did see the post yesterday,and I said I would put in the am thread, so here it is..enjoy.

Dynasty Corn Pudding

40z 1 stick unsalted butter,melted
plus additional ofr greasing pan

3 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen
2 eggs
1 cup of sour cream
9 oz of Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese
cut into cubes
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 can chillies patted dry
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Generously butter rectangle casserole dish

In a blender or food processor, puree 1 cup of kernels
w/melted butter & eggs

In a large bowl, mix togther all remaining ingredients,except
the parmesan cheese. Add pureed corn and mix well.

Pour into casserole, and sprinke with the parmesan cheese.

Bake at 50 for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden.

Cooks note: if the top is not browned, put under broiler for a minute,or so.

Trips notes: I could barely taste the chillies in this, and, mine needed more salt when I ate it.. I used a bag of cheese, which was 9 oz.. not a block

Enjoy!

rollerdonna December 2nd, 2011 11:11 AM

Thanks Trip, sounds yummy, but I think I will pass on the chillies.....:oops:

donna

LS80 December 2nd, 2011 11:54 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........cool & dry......I'll take it.........

Trip.......I'm not a fan of corn but that does sound really good........

Not much happening today.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

Manuel December 2nd, 2011 12:16 PM

Good morning mates

RD, cortisone has worked very well for me and I hope that you have the same results.

It's another nice day here and I went for a nice walk around the neighborhood. This is the time of the year when we can appreciate the Florida weather.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM

CruisinK n J December 2nd, 2011 12:32 PM

Friday Lovely Friday!

Good morning! Sunny and not a leaf moving. Pasadena really got hit from the very heavy winds the last couple of days.

We saw a wonderful play yesterday. Don't cha love standing ovations?:D

Keith is feeling much better. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to the gym day.

Donna, Keith has had a series of Cortesone shots also, but has reached the point where they no longer work. His knee bothers him quite a bit. He sees his doctor in Jan., and I think he'll be referred to an orthopedist.:(

Have a good day, all.

Judy

ToddDH December 2nd, 2011 01:12 PM

It was 25 F again this morning here in upper East Tennessee but it is warming to the mid fifties.

I really need to get the lawn mowed for the last time and leaves chopped up but I just don't have the physical stamina to do it. It's insane that I do the simplest of chores and then have to lie down for an hour. It's also depressing as hell when I'm taking all of my medications as prescribed (the ledge in the kitchen looks for all the world like a drug store) and I'm not bouncing back at all. I took a drive out to the Animal Adoption Center yesterday just to pay a visit. When I got home I had to go straight to bed and slept for two hours!

I'm also cutting out alcohol except on celebratory occasions because it results in my waking up in the middle of the night because for example last night I awoke at 2:30 am and wondered why am I in such horrible shape so I tested my blood and it was 37. Thankfully I had some candy in the house. Well that stops today. I'm also going to stop worrying about the weight gain for now and eat at least two balanced meals a day even if it means I have to go to the hog trough (my name for Ryan's buffet) and pig out on salads or go to the Chinese buffet for soup and egg foo young.
I have a feeling the weight will start coming off again.

Ah well, I shall get there one way or another.

Prayers and Blessings continue!

Moiraine December 2nd, 2011 02:18 PM

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Todd)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))

Love ya Todd.

green_rd December 2nd, 2011 02:39 PM

Luanne - congrats on hitting the weight loss goal - I'm sure you will feel great at your ball.

Kuki December 2nd, 2011 02:52 PM

Good Morning cruisemates! Wow, it's been a busy week. Had a couple of couples of friends this past week, and they've get us on the go, with golfing, dinners out, shopping etc. I finally got to sleep in today, with no need for an alarm clock.

Now have until Monday to rest up before the next wave hits :)

I see these people more here than we do at home. But I think it's because once here, everyone is vacationing, while at home everyone's work schedules and lives are more complicated.

balabusta December 2nd, 2011 08:25 PM

Good evening from Virginia Beach. After doing my usual "cleaning of the house" this morning, Rob and I ran some last minute errands. We bought birthday gifts for two of our grandchildren that have birthdays in January. (the stores don't have the best selection after the "holiday shopping spree". Then we went out to lunch at a new Mexican restaurant that just opened up near Lynnhaven Mall. Several days ago, I packed for our upcoming cruise on Monday. Tomorrow we are heading to Gaithersburg so we can watch one set of grandkids on Saturday night. On Monday, we leave for our cruise, with out daughter's in-laws, out of Baltimore. As Rob always says, "any day at sea is a great day". Hope all my fellow cruisemates have a great weekend. Thoughts go out to those who "are not feeling up to snuff".

Lakers Fan December 2nd, 2011 10:22 PM

Hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by balabusta (Post 1403910)
Good evening from Virginia Beach. After doing my usual "cleaning of the house" this morning, Rob and I ran some last minute errands. We bought birthday gifts for two of our grandchildren that have birthdays in January. (the stores don't have the best selection after the "holiday shopping spree". Then we went out to lunch at a new Mexican restaurant that just opened up near Lynnhaven Mall. Several days ago, I packed for our upcoming cruise on Monday. Tomorrow we are heading to Gaithersburg so we can watch one set of grandkids on Saturday night. On Monday, we leave for our cruise, with out daughter's in-laws, out of Baltimore. As Rob always says, "any day at sea is a great day". Hope all my fellow cruisemates have a great weekend. Thoughts go out to those who "are not feeling up to snuff".

Have a WONDERFUL cruise .

ToddDH December 2nd, 2011 10:50 PM

I echo Henry's sentiment!

balabusta December 2nd, 2011 11:42 PM

Henry and Todd, thanks sooo much for your good wishes on our cruise!