Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:43 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

Good morning all Cruisemates.

I'm up early this morning. I went to sleep early last night because the old brain took a vacation.

It was sort of funny. I had a doctor's appointment to check on some GI problems I've been having. Well, as I was talking to my primary care doctor, who I have known for 30 years, I "flopped out". He knows very well about this problem but it was the first time he had actually seen it happen. After all was done and I had administered my meds we finished our appointment. However, the first thing he said when he came back into the room was: "You scared the Sh**" out of me." Hey, if you can't freak out your doctor who can you freak.

In the end it looks like I've got gall bladder problems and will probably need to get it pulled. I go next week for the final diagnosis. I'd like to get it done before the end of the year because Betty's new insurance, that takes effect 1/1/12, has a high deductible and I'd rather spend the money on my June CM cruise than on gall bladder surgery.

Today will be a shopping day. I need to return some clothes. It really irritates me that you buy clothing from Ralph Lauren and the sizes are not consistent. I purchased three long sleeved "Polo" shirts and two long sleeve sweaters. The ones I tried on fit just fine but two others, that were the same size, are either too big or too small. It just proves that you need to try on everything but at $70 a shirt should be consistent.:evil:

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2011, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

I thought I might start today's thread but Mike beat me to it. Up early to get some work in before dinner with friends tonight.

Mike take care of that gall bladder. My DW delayed hers for years, the surgeon said it was the nastiest thing he had ever seen.

Off to the salt mines.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Old December 3rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Way to go Mike, nothing like scaring the SH%& out of your doctor! Glad you had a good rest though, and sorry the gall bladder's got to go...

Well, feeling is coming back to my elbow, and I can almost bend it full range now. Much, much better than it was. Cortisone, the wonder drug!

Last night in the cvold and damp weather, we attended the town of Pictou's tree lighting ceremony. There were carols, a live nativity including donkey and sheep, a mini parade, hot cider and hot chocolate, Timbits from Tim's, an appearance from Santa, an LED Christmas light exchange (change your old lights for new ones), and finally, the lighting of the 2 big trees in the town square.

We then went to defrost, and enjoy dinner at a local Chinese restaurant!

Today, I'm off for a haircut, and tonight we go see Rita MacNeil perform at the theatre in town.
Busy, busy, busy!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; December 3rd, 2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: photo
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
First Mate

Good Morning!! I am almost off of work for the day, but I'll be right back here tonight again!!

There were two of us here in my office that work nights, so we worked opposite each other. Last week he quit, so now I am working as many days as I can to help so the day shifters don't have to work as many nights.

It is rough!! I am basically working 10 nights in a row. I have one night off in the middle (Monday night), but when you work nights, one night is like nothing at all.

I miss my kids and husband so much when I am working all these hours, but it will really pay off when the check comes! I will have 4-12 hour shifts on the next check, right before Christmas! The kids will forget all about missing Mommy when they open their gifts!

Hope you all have a great day, and I will be here each morning for the next week looking forward to your posts!!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old December 3rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. Had an early morning. Looks like it's going to be a cloudy day today with rain tomorrow and the next day. Going to try to do the grocery shopping today. Hope you all have a pleasant day.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Captain

Cold and frosty here this morning but due to warm up into the high 50's as the day goes on. We have been busy beavers all week getting the house in order. Started last Sunday with a trip to Lowe's for paint and supplies. Ended yesterday after 3 more trips to Lowe's throughout the week for more paint and other items. I now have fresh paint on the walls & celiings n the living room, dining room, 2 hallways. Plus the ceiling is done in the kitchen. This is a project that has needed to be done for well over 2 yrs but just didn't happen. Now that the D/H is retired it was time and he does a great job painting. I have given him the rest of the month off with plans to do the 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and my office after the first of the year. Hoping to have new flooring done then also in a few of the rooms. Now I can start putting up the Christmas decorations tomorrow.
Mike, sorry to hear about the gall bladder but get it taken care of soon.
RD, sounds like you had a fun evening last night.
KD, crazy work schedule for you but like you said the check will make it all worth it.

Todd, thinking of you today. Hope you got to watch some of the NASCAR awards last night. Pretty good seeing Tony at the head table!

Everyone have a great weekend. Prayers for all.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 3rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a rainy, windy, Texas. We will be warmer today, but will drop like a rock tonight.

We went to the Black and White ball last night, and had a pretty good time. The dress fit perfect, so now on to my next goal.

Kind of creepy, but a table was set for all our fallen soldiers.

Today I need to try and get the tree up. I figure it will be better to get it over with, instead of dreading it.

Mike, I hope you get to feeling better. You sure don't need more health problems. Know that you are in my heart and prayers.

Well, I guess I had better get started.

Everyone have a good day.

Love you Todd

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 3rd, 2011, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Apparently while I was sleeping someone moved Airzona to a much chillier area of the country, and I want it known that I'd very much appreciate it if they would put us back.

Have to take a vehicle in for emissions testing today. Hopefully they won't be too busy, and I can get to the DMV to register it afterwards.

That, and dinner out this evening with my sister in law and brother in law to celebrate Mrs. Kuki's birthday.

Mrs. Kuki is finally over the legal age of consent- for the aged. She can now consent without remembering what she is consenting to. And it no longer matters if any of the clothes she's wearing match, or were manufactured before or after 1967.
Old December 3rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Hi mates.

We are having another warm sunny day. It's been like that for a month, but we are not complaining.

Mike take care of your gall bladder. Mrs. TM had her removed and there were no problems.

Have a nice day and a nice weekend folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

Good morning! Sunny and not a leaf moving. But the weather mavens say that the santa ana winds will still be aroud, just not as heavy or as steady. Still lots of people without power.

Keith is officially off sick leave and has just left for Riverside. I plan to finish off my Christmas shopping today, both at a mall and on the internet. The latter is a blessing for shoppers!

Mike, sorry to hear about your health problems. Keith is looking at knee replacement surgery fairly soon.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old December 3rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
Admiral

I am staying home and relaxing today .I plan to call my cousins in California soon and have them tell me how hot it is there .