Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Default It's not MONDAY, it's PACKING Day!

Morning Mates, it may be Monday, but around here it is packing day...James of course has been packed for a week, but I have not started yet, so today is the day!

Yesterday's party was really nice, we had about 10 people and lots of food. I made a really nice cranberry/champagne punch which was very popular, and a lobster dip to die for. Also, little Santa hat cakes that I saw on Tweety's daughter's facebook post. They were easy and yummy! Here's a few pics:

After the party was all cleaned up, we went out to another Christmas concert in downtown Pictou.
A local boy-come home, Dave Gunning, a folk artist, entertained his hometown crowd with a seletion of Christmas favourites and a few of his own songs. It was a wonderful, relaxing evening, and it snowed quite heavily as well, so now I am in a Christmasy mood!
Nevertheless, time to get packing!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; December 19th, 2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: add photos
Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning R/D and all who follow!

You make a perfect Christmas Couple and should frame that photograph. The food looked absolutely scrumptious!

Hope your left arm and shoulder are better as the excitement to your cruise builds.

Hope everyone is getting ready for their Holiday festivities be it Hannukah or Christmas!

I got a good amount of housework done yesterday (though there's still tons to do but I think I over did it a little and think I'm going to take a day off and read). It'll still be here tomorrow!

Prayers and Blessings of course continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by ToddDH; December 19th, 2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Morning mates.

Donna, the food looks yummy. I agree with Todd that you should frame the pic of you and James. I am happy that this week the party went off without a hitch. Happy packing.

Todd, happy reading. Don't forget to eat.

I have a few things to do today. I do need to finish wrapping my daughter's gifts. I hate to wrap. My mother and daughter both love it. It skipped a generation with me.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Thanks Todd & Moiraine, I agree, it is a nice pic, although I now relaize how much I need to go on a diet!
Also, my arm/elbow is feeling miraculously better today. I have a nother physio appointment at 2pm, I'm almost afraid to go back!

donna
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default It's Not Monday, It's Packing Day

Good morning. Don't know what happened to Ol'Sol, but rain would not be objectionable. Just so it's not on Christmas Day when we have to drive.

I wrapped about six gifts last night and plan to do at least that many more today. Two are still expected.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old December 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Now enjoying my second cup of cofee on the patio perch. Overcast, but no rain forecast for today...unlike yesterday when we got pretty soaked during the golf tournament.

Couldn't seem to fall asleep last night, so I took a sleeping pill. Still tossing and turning at 2 AM, so took another. I was a bit of a zombie when Mrs. Kuki woke me up this morning.

Waiting for a report from my mother's caregiver, as my mother has an appt. today with her cadiologist, which might have a lot to do with determining if she's well enough to tolerate the trip down here.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 19th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Donna, you and James sure are a nice looking couple.

I hope that your pain goes away and that you have a grear cruise.

We are having a good time in Ct. but we miss the Fl. sunshine.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!