CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Tuesday is Traveling Day (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/386611-tuesday-traveling-day.html)

rollerdonna December 20th, 2011 07:40 AM

Tuesday is Traveling Day

Morning Mates, the day has finally arrived, when our adventure begins.
This afternoon we travel to Halifax (2 hrs) where we will stay overnight for an early flight tomorrow morning.
There is a light snow falling, and we hope it does not get worse because the drive to Halifax can be hairy if the weather is bad....
We'll be in Ft. Lauderdale Wed. and Thurs. night at the Ramada Airport/Cruiseport Hotel.
If any mates are in the area, stop in and see us!
Unless I can get on a computer at either of the 2 hotels, this will be my last communication for quite a while. I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my mates a very Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Hannukah and Kwanzaa. See you in 2012!

donna

nlb1050 December 20th, 2011 09:35 AM

RD have a great and safe trip.

Manuel December 20th, 2011 10:10 AM

Have a safe trip, Donna and James.

Enjoy your voyage.

TM

LisaK December 20th, 2011 10:31 AM

Bon Voyage Donna & James

CruisinK n J December 20th, 2011 10:57 AM

Tuesday is Traveling Day

Bon Voyage, you two! Have a wonderful cruise!

Judy

Kuki December 20th, 2011 11:30 AM

Good Morning cruisemates! And a heft Bon Voyage to RD and James. Sure you'll have a wonderful cruise, and just use your feet to "punt overboard" any of the extra "kiddies" you happen not to like :)

The weather in Pheonix is starting to "clean up a bit", and I have to admit when we get great weather, I certainly do enjoy this "snowbirding"; getting more difficult to get myself psyched up to head out on a cruise.

No doubt if I was home in Canada, I''d have warn out my fingers looking for a cruise to escape from winter.

Mike M December 20th, 2011 11:47 AM

Donna: I hope you and James have a great time and enjoy your Winter getaway.

Good morning Cruisemates. It's a late one this morning. It was a rough night. My brain took a vacation yesterday afternoon and not being able to maneuver too well made things a bit of a problem. I need a replacement for Kramer. :D The knee was a bit sore after that and I had to break down about 4 a.m. this morning and take the pain killers and we had to re-wrap the knee and adjust the cast. It was a bit swollen but now it's doing fine.

Betty is off to my granddaughter's school for their annual Holiday Sale. The kids make crafts and the parents and grandparents buy it. My granddaughter made butterfly ornaments and is selling them for .50 each. Grandma will get there near the end of the sale so she'll probably buy whatever is leftover. I would have went but the most uncomfortable thing for me to do is ride in the car.

My sister and her husband will be here this afternoon and will spend the week with us. Betty has the rest of the week off of work so we will have time to visit.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

DougR. December 20th, 2011 12:24 PM

Good morning all! The healing and rehab of my knee is slow and boring. I am making steady progress. I only wish I had it done in the summer so I could sit outside and enjoy the sun.

Bon voyage to Donna and James!! I look at my countdown and it seems so far away:(.

I have again proven my ineptitude at gift wrapping. Marj will love the present though.

Memo to Kim Jog Il from Management: Sorry about the lack of Air Conditioning down there. Hope you enjoy your roomate Moammar. :twisted:

Everyone have a great day and Happy Hanukkah to all the Jewish Cruisemates!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/imaging-...250105/jpeg/BG

Luau Entertainment Hale Koa Hotel, Waikiki

Trip December 20th, 2011 12:42 PM

Hi Kids, good afternoon......
Donna & James, enjoy your vacation. I love that class ship,and I bet you will too.

My sil is in the er, we are awating some test results...good thing, he works at the hospital, so being there worked out..let's hope his results do the same. I have Lucy, who has the appetite of a linebacker lately, but a very limited "will eat that" attitude.

Mike, Doug..happy mending....

Make it a good one

Moiraine December 20th, 2011 12:50 PM

Afternoon mates.

Bon voyage Donna and James. Have a wonderful cruise.

Happy Hanuukkah.

Trip, hope the SIL is all right.

Mike and Doug, hurry up and heal. ;)

I slept like a log for about four hours last night and was then wide eyed and bushy tailed until time to get up. rofl

Have a good day all.

ToddDH December 20th, 2011 05:23 PM

HAPPY HANUKKAH TO OUR JEWISH CRUISEMATES!

Moiraine, you beat me up by a half hour. I just wasn't "wide eyed and bushy tailed!" :-)

Hope everything turns out well with your SIl, Trip!

Had a wonderful lunch with my adored "cat sitter" and "adopted" daughter. She even rearranged her schedule (and this is a business woman) to take care of my furry children when I cruise with Ray on the Epic! She is indeed, a treasure!

So many of you have sent me holiday cards and I'm so ashamed I wasn't up to sending any - still am not there yet. I used to religiously send over a hundred a year. I hope those days return.

Hope you guys in the midwest are able to get your shopping done and aren't hampered from spending Christmas wherever you wish.

Prayers, Blessings and Love to all continue.

Moiraine December 20th, 2011 05:39 PM

No need to be ashamed Todd. Just take care of yourself. Get better. Eat, rest, and take care of yourself.