Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:38 PM
Admiral

I'm not trying to take anyone's side, nor step on anyone's toes but if anyone thinks that firing guns up into the air is a " Southern" thing, they need to do some re-thinking. It's a national problem, for the most part and Manuel, I doubt these thugs that do this will be caught with blanks in their 9 mm pistols! Years ago when I was working insurance claims I had to do a lot of work in the Midwest due to tornadoes, hail, etc. and that meant climbing up on roofs to inspect for damage.
It was was common in some sections to find spent pistol shells on the roof and in the gutters, regardless of the time of the year.
I recall one particular house that I was on and when I got down I asked the lady why all the pistols shells in the gutters? She replied that sometimes her husband and his friends would climb up on the roof, drink and on occasion shoot their guns-- sounded like real fun!
Needless to say I couldn't wait to get away from there.
So, it's not a regional thing.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
Am I to understand that the constitution give me the right to buy a machine gun and fire as many rounds in the air as feel like?

TM
The Constitution gives you the right to keep and bear a firearm or firearms that is/are currently legal and to use it/them for lawful purposes. The ownership of a machine gun (a firearm that is fully automatic) is currently regulated under the NFA of 1934 (National Firearms Act) and the FOPA act of 1986 (Firearm Owners Protection Act), and legally so. If you meet the requirements and pay the federal tax, you can own a machine gun (depending on your state and local laws). Regardless of the firearm, you can still only use it for legal and lawful purposes, like (but not restricted to) self-defense and sporting purposes. Firing it into the air is not a legal use of a firearm.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship2shore View Post
Many countries in the world manage to register firearms without becoming totalitarian regimes. Your arguement doesnt fly. I'm glad you think the USA's gun laws are the only thing keeping it from collapsing into a police state....
And aren't we talking about a constitutional AMENDMENT? Can you really CHANGE the constitution to make it better or reflect changing times? Imagine that.
I believe that the US Constitution and ALL the rights and privilages contained in it (including the right to keep and bear arms) is what keeps the United States from becoming a police state.

You really think you can get the American People to change the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution? Now that is funny...

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:45 PM
Captain

It's amazing how so many other countries on the globe manage to avoid becoming police states without the benefit of The One And Only Constitution That Matters. We must be incredibly lucky!!!

quote "You really think you can get the American People to change the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution? Now that is funny..."

Nope. But I'm glad you thought so.
I just pointed out that it's "posible". I never said "likely". You'd have to kill about a million or so innocents in a short space of time before the outcry makes it "likely".
However, your comments implied it was patently imposible. Just how DID these "amendments" happen in the first place (and I do believe there are quite a few of them), anyway? it being imposible and such.

Actually, getting back to my original comment, it SICKENS me that my neighbor thinks that he can own deadly force, and keep it secret from the authorities, when he has no constitution rights whatsoever in the matter, he is just not obligated to register by law (yet). I made sure the police are aware of his "little secret"... so it doesnt matter if he gets a licence or not. Good thing we are not Americans, or I might have to start packin myself, to protect me and mine in case my arrogant neighbor decides to go postal. What a fine world we live in.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
It's amazing how so many other countries on the globe manage to avoid becoming police states without the benefit of The One And Only Constitution That Matters. We must be incredibly lucky!!!

quote "You really think you can get the American People to change the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution? Now that is funny..."

Nope. But I'm glad you thought so.
I just pointed out that it's "posible". I never said "likely". You'd have to kill about a million or so innocents in a short space of time before the outcry makes it "likely".
However, your comments implied it was patently imposible. Just how DID these "amendments" happen in the first place (and I do believe there are quite a few of them), anyway? it being imposible and such.

Actually, getting back to my original comment, it SICKENS me that my neighbor thinks that he can own deadly force, and keep it secret from the authorities, when he has no constitution rights whatsoever in the matter, he is just not obligated to register by law (yet). I made sure the police are aware of his "little secret"... so it doesnt matter if he gets a licence or not. Good thing we are not Americans, or I might have to start packin myself, to protect me and mine in case my arrogant neighbor decides to go postal. What a fine world we live in.
I'm confused, are you in the United States? If so, let me make these points.

1 - Are you really making fun of the US Constitution? It only applies to the United States, not to any other Nations. It is the highest law of our land, and millions of Americans have defended and died defending it and the freedom and rights contained in it for over 200 years. It matters!

2 - Do you really not know how the first 10 amendments to our Constitution were added and that as a collection they are known as the "Bill of Rights"?

3 - If your neighbor lives in the United States of America, he indeed DOES have a Constitutional Right to own deadly force and keep it private from anyone he or she chooses to. As I said in my 1st post, the US Supreme Court (our highest court in the US) has ruled exactly that US citizens have the right to keep and bear arms as a Constitutional right! The Constitution is the highest law of our Nation, it applies in the US. If you are in another Nation, then it does not apply.

4 - And finally, do you really inform to the police on the legal activities of your neighbors? I guess that says it all, and that is just sad.

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Captain

1- not making fun of the constitution... just you. ... plus the point went entirely over your head it seems. since you miss the point, it may seem like mockery no doubt.
2- doesnt apply to me, not really critical info to me. but again you seem to miss the point entirely
3- he doesnt. so there.
4- We inform the police about dangerous persons in the hood, yes. If you think thats "sad" then that speaks to your lack of character. I look out for my hood, and watch out for nutcases with ammo, and above all do what's right. If your definition of "right" is that skewed that you think its sad, then your the nutjob, not me. We dont cotton to gun toting yahoos round these parts. He should move to YOUR parts (and go postal) you can deal with him, just keep your gun in your cold dead hands.

posted using my Smith and Wesson iphone app.

Last edited by ship2shore; January 4th, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Captain

You gotta just love the banner ads this thread is generating.
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
1- not making fun of the constitution... just you. ... plus the point went entirely over your head it seems. since you miss the point, it may seem like mockery no doubt.
2- doesnt apply to me, not really critical info to me. but again you seem to miss the point entirely
3- he doesnt. so there.
4- We inform the police about dangerous persons in the hood, yes. If you think thats "sad" then that speaks to your lack of character. I look out for my hood, and watch out for nutcases with ammo, and above all do what's right. If your definition of "right" is that skewed that you think its sad, then your the nutjob, not me. We dont cotton to gun toting yahoos round these parts. He should move to YOUR parts (and go postal) you can deal with him, just keep your gun in your cold dead hands.

posted using my Smith and Wesson iphone app.
My only point is that we who live in the United States, our Constitution does matter to us. If you are not in the US, then your opinions about our Constitution and our rights don't matter.

Quote:
We dont cotton to gun toting yahoos round these parts. He should move to YOUR parts (and go postal) you can deal with him, just keep your gun in your cold dead hands.
"gun toting yahoos?" "go postal" "cold dead hands"?

Could you be anymore arrogant and offensive?

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13

Last edited by blueliner; January 4th, 2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Captain

"Could you be anymore arrogant and offensive?"

Funny, I was going to say the same thing
FYI... this thread is ABOUT "gun totin yahoos". I didnt invent the term, or use it flipantly. It just seems there are a lot of gun totin yahoos in YOUR hood, and you defend them vigorously, even at your own peril. Senseless. Glad I live where I do, even with one nutjob in the hood.

You make it sound like I'm bashing the USA, when all I'm mocking is you.
God Bless America, and the really swell Americans I run into all the time.

Time to take a pill, dude.
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Funny, I was going to say the same thing
FYI... this thread is ABOUT "gun totin yahoos". I didnt invent the term, or use it flipantly. It just seems there are a lot of gun totin yahoos in YOUR hood, and you defend them vigorously, even at your own peril. Senseless. Glad I live where I do, even with one nutjob in the hood.

You make it sound like I'm bashing the USA, when all I'm mocking is you.
God Bless America, and the really swell Americans I run into all the time.

Time to take a pill, dude.
You know what, that is fine, I've been called much worse. I didn't say anything offensive about you, but if it makes you feel better to call me names, go ahead, I've been called much worse. I will wear that badge with pride by the way. Call me whatever you want, a "gun totin yahoo" or a "nutball". I am a defender of gun rights, I serve as the political director for my local gun club and am a registered lobbyist, so I have certainly been called much worse.

Ship2shore - I understand you don't like guns, and that is fine, no one is forcing you to have one. Your problem is that like many other anti-gun people, you believe that anyone with a gun, merely by their having a gun, is by definition a dangerous person. Nothing could be further from the truth. Just because someone owns a gun, that doesn't make them a "nutjob", nor does it mean we are prone to mass-murder. You justify your arrogance by looking down on us gun owners, call us names and mock our ways, call us "dangerous" and think of us as low brow or primative or paranoid. You think because we enjoy hunting, sporting and believe in self-defense we are lower than you, and your arrogance and offensive mockery shows that.

So go ahead Ship2shore, call me names and mock away if it makes you feel better. I'm a proud American and a believer in our rights and in guns. If you think that makes me lower than you and subject to your ridicule, feel free. Our opinions certainly differ on this issue, and that is OK. Tell your neighbor he or she is certainly welcome here in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave with their gun.

I'm proud to be a gun enthusiasts, or a "nutjob" if you prefer. I have been and will continue to be a defender of such!

Signed,
The "Gun totin nutjob"

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Admiral

I live down here in Texas, the gun totin capital of the world, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I don't know if I could shoot anyone or anything, but I believe in having the right to do so.
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Captain

Im sure you miswrote, but just to clarify, you have the right to "shoot anyone or anything" in Texas?
Closed Thread