Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Morning Mates, it's Thursday and it's cold at -7C (19F). We have but a dusting of snow from the flurries that fell yesterday, but I work in another area and drove home in a blinding snowstorm last night, it was terrifying!
The good thing is, that there should be enough snow at work that I can take the kids out sledding today...
One hour into my 1st day back at work and I was ready to run screaming to my car and leave and never come back! OMG, the noise, the fighting, the screaming, the excitement! Those kids to need to get outside and PLAY!

Anyway, it's Aquafitness day today and I will start my busy day off with some exercise, then gather up the courage to go back to work...

donna
Old January 5th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Welcome back Donna, and Brrrrrrrrr !!!!!

The weather on this side of the pond is 'interesting', apparenly if these storm winds continue, the whole of the UK will start floating towards mainland Europs ;o)

Have a 'peaceful' day,

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Coldville,NY
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. It's chilly here but no snow storms.

Welcome back RD. Sorry for such a homecoming.

Another busy day for me. I'll be glad to get this busy week finished.

Have a good day all.
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning from freezing SWFL... Lost some of my cruise weight , another 2 pounds and I am back to where I was It helps that I am so strict so it wasn't difficult to get back into the healthy mode. RD I understand how you feel. Our youngest daughter is a day care teacher for 3 year olds. I dont know how she does it and on top she is going to college full time to get her bachelors to become a teacher. But some people are born to be teachers I guess. Writing my cruise review today and my daily Starbucks stop today and thats it ..
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

Donna, it sounds like you need another vacation.

The weather here is going back to nornal after a couple of cool days. It's a sunny day and it's going to reach 68 deg. today and a bit warmer tonight.
It sure is a lot warmer than where I used to live.

Have a great folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a slightly snowy Jersey Shore! After freezing our <fill in body part here> off yesterday we should have a warming trend over the next few days.

Today is my last day working at home because of my knee operation. I will be back to the office on Monday.

We got a nibble from a potential buyer for our house, keeping our fingers crossed. They loved the house, especially the kitchen.

Hope everyone has a great day! Who wants to see a nice beach on a wintery day?

Valley Church Beach, Antigua

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Well, "The Plague" that Betty brought into our house has now morphed into a good old head cold. I'll take the plague. I hate head colds and this one seemed to hit within minutes. I was getting over the coughing and chest congestion and I thought I was out of the woods but within minutes I went from feeling fine to full blown head congestion.

I can take a number of maladies without whining too much but the head cold is my Achilles Heel. I turn into the biggest whining baby you ever saw. I freely admit that when I can't breath through my nose I whine and a rabid badger would be easier to live with. Betty just kicks me in the knee to keep me in line.

I have nothing on the agenda for today except more whining and complaining. I plan on taking enough Sudafed to supply a meth lab for a month and then I may even drink my way into oblivion. OK: I won't drink and I'll only take two Sudafed but it sounds like good idea.

Tomorrow, I have to be up before the sun and head to the imaging center for more tests to get to the bottom of my tummy problems. I am now down 24 pounds since the beginning of November. The weight loss is nice but the method isn't so good. The weird thing is that it "seems" to correlate to eating wheat. I, nor any genetic relative, has ever had a wheat problem and things like gluten intolerance and Celiac disease usually manifest in a different way than this. Oh well. Lets let the professionals figure it out.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and Donna doesn't have to drive in any more blizzards.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........low 40's now & gonna stay that way..........

Mike.....good luck with the tummy problems.......not a good way to lose weight.......

Not much going on today...........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A day in the 80s unfolding for me today in the desert.

Earned points yesterday, doing all the laundry, and sweeping and washing all the floors. Means I can go golfing today.

My mother had a last check up with her Dr. yesterday, and she is good to come down. She and her caregiver arrive tonight.

Have a number of different friends arriving in town next week, so like is going to get busy once again.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from a slightly warmer NW GA. Should hit 50 today.
8 AM PT sounded like a good idea at the time, now I am not so sure. May need to change those appts.
Have a good day all.

Brenda
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm123 View Post
Good morning from a slightly warmer NW GA. Should hit 50 today.
8 AM PT sounded like a good idea at the time, now I am not so sure. May need to change those appts.
Have a good day all.

Brenda

Deffo change the time. 8:00am is too early.
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all.

Well, the warm-up to the mid 40's F finally arrived and their calling for 59 F tomorrow. Then it's back into the mid 40's and lows in the high 20's to mid 30's, so that's pretty much normal around these parts for this time of year.

Doing some light housework today and have to write my newspaper column. An editor at the big paper in Knoxville wrote a dynamite op piece on animal adoption so will probably just use that. Of course that'll probably mean a drop in my readership once folks read something that's actually well written. Ah well ... c'est la guerre!

Hope you get everything squared away with your stomach Mike and great to hear you're recovering well from your surgery, Doug.

When you get stressed Rollerdonna, just think back for the past couple of weeks and that'll relax you. Of course just the opposite may happen and you'll be a raving lunatic but James and the furry children can handle it.
Can't wait for your review, so hop at it!!!

Brenda, exercise at 8:00am? Are you nuts? My gosh woman, you should lay abed at least until 10 and get to the exercise around 3pm which is about the time I start to function before returning to bed around eight. 'Course I'm gettin' old but Fran always accused me of that anyway.

Truthfully, back when I was "on the job" I used to get up religiously at 3:30 and was at my office doing pre-shooting or classroom paperwork by 6:30. That, believe me, provided me more than enough exercise!

TM, it sounds as if you've found the perfect place to live.

But then you, Kuki have TWO gorgeous places to live! Glad to hear your mother is able to come down South. Of course your perfect location means half of Canada will be down to "visit." Are your kids in the area permanent residents down here or do they trek back and forth as well?

Moiraine, hope things are improving with your father and you're a little less stressed.

Brenda, NW Georgia doesn't have the semi-warm winters anymore either, does it? At least not like 25 years ago.

Alan and Katrina, my niece Francesca, her DH Lyle and 17 month old Finn were due to arrive home in London today from over here. Haven't heard but I presume they made it safely. My older brother and SIL I'm sure are missing Finn terribly but I'll also guess they're absolutely shattered having a 17 month old in the house for two full weeks.

Sue, I always said that as a child the coldest winter I ever spent was in Tampa. Although it was unusually cold that particular winter with the morning temperatures often being in the low to mid thirties, because of the humidity my twin and I used to freeze to death waiting for the school bus!

Brenda, the forties don't sound so bad as long as it's not constantly overcase and raining, which in your neck of the woods it might well be like that.

Prayers and Blessings continue!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean