Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Default Celebrity Equinox Holiday Cruise

Here is the beginning of my holiday cruise review, starting with the pre-cruise...

Celebrity Equinox Holiday Cruise Dec. 23/11 - Jan. 2/12
Pre-Cruise
Living in the Great White North as we do, traveling to and from a cruise port is always an added hassle. Normally, we give ourselves at least 1 extra day pre-cruise for travel, this time, it was 2 days. Despite the fact we had virtually no snow for the entire month of December, we departed in a sudden snowstorm on the 20th.

It snowed with a wicked wind for the first half of the journey to Halifax, and by the time we arrived, there was not a snowflake to be found!
It was, however, quite chilly, as evidenced by me bundled up by the Christmas tree in the hotel lobby.

We spent a relaxing evening in the hotel, before our departure at 4:30 a.m. for an early flight to Montreal. Of course the flight was delayed due to mechanical problems and de-icing of the plane.

Our late arrival in Montreal was a mad panic, trying to get our luggage, wait through a long line at Customs, and catching our connecting flight to Ft. Lauderdale.
We were fully aware that traveling during the holidays would be stressful, but I don't think we expected that over half the flight to Florida was made up of families and small children, an omen of our cruise to come...

We finally landed in Ft. Lauderdale around 1:30p.m. and by 3p.m. we were comfortably ensconced in deck chairs by the pool, enjoying the sun and warm temps.
We appreciated our ground floor room with a view of the pool and gardens, and
the palm trees colourfully decorated for the holidays.

We spent the following day doing much the same, enjoying the sun and warmth, and getting in the mood for boarding the Equinox the following day.....

Yes, that is a woolen toque I'm wearing. It is a hat from the school I work at, sort of proof that it
went to all the places we visited....

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; January 8th, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I'm so glad you've started your review! I've been checking since I saw your first photos on facebook!
We loved our trip on the Solstice so am very interested to hear about the Equinox.
Angela Z.
Old January 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Glad you are finally up and running with your review..I too so loved my Eclipse experience, I am ready to hear what you think of this class. Sounds like there are some nightmare kids stories to come, but surely you expected tons of kids on the holidays, right? More.....more....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; January 9th, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old January 8th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Sorry it's taking so long but I'm having photo issues. CM gallery will not accept my photos (I am NOT re-sizing 200 + photos!), so I'm having to post them on facebook,which is also giving me uploading grief, then go back and forth with multiple edits. It's a long frustrating process. I could write the entire 10 days in the time it took me to load the first few photos!

donna
Old January 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Admiral

I so hope your problems can be resolved and past being prologed, I can see no reason why they can't.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old January 9th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I am also glad you have started your review. They are always so enjoyable.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Sorry it's taking so long but I'm having photo issues. CM gallery will not accept my photos
Looks like u are trying to use the old galleries. Look into posting them under User CP. There you can also load mulitiple pictures at the same time.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 9th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Thanks Kulki, will try that...

donna