Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Default Celebrity Equinox Holiday Cruise Day 3

Celebrity Equinox Holiday Cruise Day 3
Sunday Dec. 25, Christmas Day At Sea

Waking up to the gentle sounds of the ocean on Christmas Day is a little surreal, not like any other Christmas in my memory.
What a delight to stand on the balcony in the warm sunshine overlooking the ocean waves, instead of the cold and ice and snow of home!

We started our day right after breakfast with Trivia at 9:15, another first for Christmas Day!
Of course we had to get on the internet and send out Christmas wishes to family and friends, and then headed to the foyer staircase where Santa himself was visiting with all the children on board, posing for photos on his knee and giving away boxes and boxes of gaily wrapped presents.

Even our Cruise Director Que (pronounced "Q") got into the spirit, donning his Santa hat.

There was even live music from the Dara Tucker Quartet, putting everyone in the Christmas mood with jazzy Christmas classics.

We spent the rest of the morning in the calm and peaceful Solarium and spa pool, a nice escape from the hordes of kids at the main pool, and from the high wind outdoors.

At noon, it was Trivia time again, a Name That Tune version, which we won. Prizes were not very exciting; pens, lanyards, and the occasional Bingo card, but competition was tough!
From Trivia, we went straight to the Silhouette dining room for the Christmas Day Brunch.
What a beautiful set-up there was!

Tables and tables of delicious treats, including breakfast
and lunch fare, sushi, roast beef and turkey, salad bars, breads, ice sculptures, champagne on ice, a tempting dessert table, and my personal favourite, the chocolate fountain!

Our Christmas Day lunch was quite a treat!
At 1:00 we rushed back to Progressive Trivia, a challenge that pitted various teams against each other throughout the cruise. After each game, the host would give us "homework", in
the form of finding out information about the entertainment staff, or taking photos of ourselves with the performers, and for this we earned extra points in our "Progressive Trivia" game total.
This was followed by General Trivia at 2:00, certainly a trivia-filled day!
I finally got to the spa pool once again by mid afternoon, and enjoyed the rest of this very strange Christmas day relaxing with a good book, my Santa hat, and a view of the sea.

We decided to again visit the Silhouette dining room for dinner that night, and were seated next to the wine tower, a towering wall of wine bottles, separated from us by a metal-link
wall with holes just small enough not to be able to reach through and help ourselves!

We enjoyed friendly wait service, and wonderful food; Pork Medallions and Chicken Wellington, and desserts of crusty biscuit with mousse, and a banana/walnut cake with
creme anglaise, all excellent.

After dinner there was caroling again in the main foyer with A Cappella group Full Tilt, who were dressed in matching Christmas tree ties.

Even the staff at the nearby Guest Relations desk were in a holiday mood!

Showtime at 9:00 in the Equinox Theatre feautured Full Tilt, the Equinox singers and dancers, some arobatics from last night's show, as well as a very large group of children from the kids'
program singing Christmas and Hannukah songs. A nice holiday themed show and much more enjoyable than the previous night's show.

On our way out of the theatre we passed by the disco called Quasar, where the entertainment staff were encouraging guests to try line dancing.

We tried to avoid Quasar whenever passing, as it was very loud and I didn't like the music, and with tonight's exception, it was usually empty.

Before retiring for the night, we returned to the foyer for Full Tilt's final performance of the evening, where they sang their beautiful harmonies of barbershop and pop hits, including
"Oh Donna" by Richie Valens. When they were done, I went over to thank them for singing "my" song, and they posed for a photo with me. Don't we all look Christmasy?

All in all, a very relaxed and enjoyable Christmas day at sea, and we were now looking forward to our first port of St. Thomas in the morning.

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; January 11th, 2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: photos
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Admiral

I forgot to mention, probably because I don't have any photos of it, but in the main foyer where all the caroling and bands and dancing took place, there was also a giant and very brightly lit mennorah. It must have been at least 7 feet tall, and its glow lit up the whole bar/seating area. Sorry I didn't get a photo!

donna
Old January 11th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Donna you are doing a great job. You reviews are allways the best.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Finally getting caught up with the review. Love the pictures. The ship looks great. You and James look so relaxed and happy. I am glad you had such a good time. Looking forward to the rest of the review.
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Can't wait for the next installment!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean