Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Default And it's Tuesday!

Morning Mates, it is a cold and dull one here in Pictou County, with a temp of 0C or 32F, and snow flurries in the forecast.

My good news yesterday is now a big disappointment. We will have to cancel the April cruise because I found out that I cannot get that week off work, and in addition, our pet sitter can't do that week either.
James is going to get on the phone with Princess today and see if he can "transfer" our booking to the week in March that I have off for
March Break. We didn't do this originally because the March Break period is more expensive both for the cruise and the airfare.
Otherwise, we stand to lose a lot of money....

Meanwhile, I am trying to wake up enough to get myself to Aquafitness class at 9:30, so I'd better go get some breakfast.
Have a good day all!

donna
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

RD: Sorry to hear about the cruise. I wish insurance had the "No Pet Sitter" clause. I hope you can come up with a solution that allows you to go on the March cruise.

My daughter is having a hard time coordinating child care. They booked a March, business related, cruise and didn't check with us. They thought we would be able to take care of the kids. Well, we are on our Carnival Liberty cruise at the same time. They are trying to get a friend of theirs to stay at their house, watch the kids and take care of the animals. I said we'd stay home but she'd have to pay us $3400. Cruise insurance doesn't have the "My kid booked a cruise thinking we'd take care of the grandkids." clause.

Today, it is back to the Gastrointerologist to further "probe" into the cause of my gut problems. Not eating wheat has greatly reduced my nausea but my symptoms are not normal for a gluten intolerance problem. It's "interesting" and the weight loss is restoring my boyish figure.

I hope everyone has a great day and an enjoyable week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 17th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Yeah Mike, cruise insurance doesn't have a "my boss is the only one who can sub for me and she's already subbing for somebody else" clause too!

Sorry to hear you are still battling gastro issues. I hope you get some answers and some relief soon!

donna
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A skim of snow this morning,and a gray day here. Good thing I have no where to go,and Lucy will be over later. Yesterday Caitlyn flat ironed the curly ones hair. Imagine not long ago, it was only me that could even barely touch her hair..It will last a day or two,and, doubtful, it will happen often..take a peek.

Donna, its too bad, about your cruise. I knw how much you both enjoy Bert..wish you could sail with us in March...hope it all works out. Mike feel better, you skinny marink

Make it a good one,

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 17th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Admiral

It's currently sunny and 42 degrees here in upper East Tennessee this morning but alas it's going to end soon (such as in a couple of hours). Thunderstorms and more rain are headed this way but it appears it's only going to be a day to a day and a half event. The temps, though, are going to drop somewhat.

That is a real bummer about your cruise R/D. Hopefully you'll be able to reschedule in March as well.

Gosh Mike, with all the money the hospital and physicians are making as a result of your difficulties, they should give you not a room but upgrade you to the grand suite with balcony. You could sit out there and soak up the rays and gaze out at everyone digging their cars out from under about two feet of snow. Better yet, if you had exterior cameras at your house and an I-Pod, you could point out to Betty parts of the driveway she missed with the snow blower as well as shout words of encouragement!
Undoubtedly she'd shout back but I doubt they'd be words of encouragement.

In any event, I hope they quickly diagnose your problems and you're soon on the way to complete recovery, or at least a brief respite before you break your other knee.

Am awaiting news on how the Costa tragedy is going to effect the overall industry. The TV pundits are saying it could greatly impact the bookings of at least first time cruisers. That would be great in a way. The regular cruisers would probably end up eating Kobe Prime Rib in the main dining room at a cost of 600 bucks for the Owner's Suite.

Adelaide said she saw someone in the cruise industry providing expert input on Fox News. Wonder if it was Paul?

Prayers for all of our Cruisemates and their loved ones on my list as well as Blessings upon all continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a warm Texas. So warm, we left the windows open last night. All will change in a few hours, and by tonight, we will be in a hard freeze.

Yesterday was all about Man Cave seats. After Joe died we turned his room into a man cave, hoping to help Josh improve mentally. The only problem was the seating consisted of an old love seat, which I hated.

I suggested that two recliners might be better. I was shocked when Jim offered to go in search of them. What he found was a love seat that reclined, vibrated, and had a cup holder. What is it about with men and cup holders? I get a call from not him, but the sales person, who wanted me to go on line and see it for myself. I told her to tell him to get it, so now he has to decide on color, and order it.

Today I have to finish the house, and finally get the closets done. It sure has taken long enough.

Donna, Sorry about your cancelled cruise.

Trip, What a pretty baby. I can't believe how much she has grown.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. Having my quiet time right now. Waiting to see what the day will bring.

Donna, I'm really sorry about the cruise. I hope that the transfer to March will work out fine. I had no proplems when I did a transfer with NCL, so I wish James luck.

Trip, your little firecracker is beautiful. I hope you enjoy your day with her.

Luanne, wanna do my closets?

Todd, love ya. Don't overdo it and please remember to eat.

Mike, I hope they find out what is wrong soon.

Have a good day guys.
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Captain

The weather here is more like April than Jan. At 11 pm last night the temp was 55 and this morning started at 54 with rain and thunder. The weatherperson says we could see 60 degrees today if only for a short while. D/H would love that if it were not raining as he could hit the golf course.
My plans today are to work in the office as I have several clients that have requests to be filled. Luckily I've had no cruise cancellations and those I have talked with say that the events of the Costa ship will not keep them from sailing.
Trip, Lucy is getting so big! She is beautiful with straight or curly hair.
RD, so hope James can get your cruise changed and you will sail again.
Todd, are you trying to get Mike into trouble with Betty? I got a good laugh out of your suggestion and can just visiualize the event that would follow, poor Mike.
Mike, better not take Todd's advice on the camera suggestion. You might have both knees out of operation!
LuAnne, you are one brave woman to let D/H pick out a loveseat. Men just have to have a cupholder nearby. Like they say, It's a Man thing!

Prayers continue for all who were aboard the Concordia and also our mates in need. Have a good day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Rainville,NY
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........only 34 out right now.......about 2" of snow........but we're suppose to get 12" or more by Wednesday!!!! Hope they are wrong...........

Mike.........that would be some 'spensive daycare.......

Thinking of y'all..............

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Default And It's Tuesday

Good morning. Dull and cold is a good way to put it, Donna. Same way here.

We're told about "the big rain" at the end of the week. Hope so. We surely need it.

Donna, sorry ab out the canceled cruise, but if it's in March, at least you get to go.

Mike, feel better soon. My, but people are embroidering some interesting situations for you!

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny Florida.

I wish you all a nice afternoon.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009