Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday! Is it 5:00 Somewhere?

Morning Mates, Friday at last and I am ready for the weekend! There is a beautiful sunrise this morning, but it is still cold at -6C and we're expecting flurries, then snow tonight.

I have an update on the cruise cancellation....
We are now booked on the same ship (Ruby) same itinerary (Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk) but now in March instead of April. That is a short wait time!

So, I've got about 7 weeks to work on my weight loss and get fit plan, and I'm heading out to Aquafitness this morning to do just that!
I have promised myself to be active on this cruise as opposed to being the sloth I was on our holiday cruise....

Speaking of which, Day 10 is now up, to be followed by a wrap up and a story about a disembarkation disaster....hopefully will get that finished by tonight.

O.K. everybody, belly up to the bar at 5:00 p.m., it's Friday!

donna
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's still dark here. The cats did not torture me out of bed this morning...it was my body. The babies were happy to eat breakfast though and would like my attention now.

Donna, I am pleased that James got the booking changed. You really don't have much of a wait. I think that with all of the hard work you are doing that you should be able to be a sloth on your cruise. Is the elbow still getting a little better?

Dad is booked into the cath lab on Tuesday to unblock his leg. A lot has been happening but I have been both busy and feeling bad. I'll try to put up an update next week on what is going on.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old January 20th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a warm Texas, where it will be in the upper 70's.

Donna, Glad to could rearrange your cruise.

Moiraine, I hope they can make your dad feel better.

Have a good weekend all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 20th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Rollerdonna and all who follow,

As Major Hopple (whom many if not most of you don't remember), "Ummm Yas" I'm going to belly up with the rest of them to the bar except the bar will be at my brother's house or probably a restaurant. Looks as if it's going to be a raw wet weekend here in upper East Tennessee. All the more reason to stay indoors, preferably at some place whose doorway Carrie Nation would never visit, at least without her ax! .

My heart goes out to you Moiraine and it too hope the angioplasty or possibly a stent solves his problem

I love you too Luanne!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I'm hoping for a relaxing one myself surrounded by loved ones. And don't worry Moiraine, I'm gonna' eat if only because I don't have to eat something I cooked! I don't fix real meals anymore, just usually open a frozen Stouffer's, which brings me to another point. We always paid extra for Stouffers because it was the closest to home made. Well, them days are gone sportsfans. the only thing that tastes original is the creamed chip beef and the Turkey Tetrazinni. the rest of it usually tastes as if it came from the same factory where everything else is made. Even the Marie Callendars small berry and apple pies are all crust with a tablespoon or so of filling. Guess it's back to Pepperidge Farm turnovers.

Again, I hope everyone has a marvelous weekend and that includes you as well Phyll even though it's been forever since you've checked in.

Prayers and Blessings continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Admiral

I'm glad you're going to eat today Todd. I do worry. A bowl of nuked oatmeal is better than nothing my dear, or a bowl of cheerios. Fruit is a nice snack, too. I know you don't eat properly. As much as I hate too cook, if I lived closer, you'd have meals in the freezer so all you'd have to do is warm them up and eat.

Thank you Luanne. This should help dad.
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Have had lots of company visiting, and they've been keeping things busy. Lots of golf, lots of shopping, and lots of eating, and tons of laughs.

The other night a dozen us went to dinnner at an Italian place, served dinner family style. We ordered in advance, 2 appetizers, 2 salads, and 4 entrees... and they keep each course coming until you beg them to stop.

GREAT Time! And left stuffed.

This weekend they begin to slowly disperse to their homes, and I'm going to miss the great fun we had this week. Though there's a new batch coming in next week, but smaller.
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from a snowy Minnesota. Yes; I said snowy. We are actually getting a real snow. It should only be about 2"-3" by the time it finishes late this morning but more than enough to make Betty get out there and blow the driveway. I love to watch a woman work. I blew the 1/2" of snow last weekend but if I repeat that performance you won't hear from me for a couple of weeks due to the injuries I sustain after blowing the snow. shhhh..... she beats me when I'm bad.

This afternoon we are heading downtown for a weekend getaway. We'll stay two nights at our favorite hotel and have dinner and see a play at the Guthrie. We still don't know where we'll have dinner but I wouldn't mind eating at a Thai restaurant or we can hit the trough and pork out at Fogo de Chao. No matter what it will be a nice weekend.

I went to the ortho yesterday and I am healing EXTREMELY well. I will start strengthening exercises next week. Last week I reset my brace to a full 90 degree bend. I fessed up to the doctor and told him I had done that and he had no problem with it. He said do whatever you can tolerate just don't walk around without the brace for now.

Todd: I remember when Stouffer's was actually fairly tasty. I tried their lasagna a year or so ago and it was terrible. I never experienced Marie Callendar's (sp?) until a few years ago and I thought the pie was hideous. Everyone I've spoke with said "They used to be delicious for frozen pies.". Oh well: Baking isn't too hard. Buy some Pillsbury pie crusts and make your own pie. Throw some apples, cinnamon and sugar in, bake and voilà you have pie.

BTW: It is official. I have celiac disease. The blood test came back positive. They are still going to do the endoscopy and check out the stomach but it looks like I'll continue to be gluten free. It sure is strange that after almost 54 years I develop this. Oh well: I'm managing just fine so far and I found a great gluten free flour. It's called C4C or Cup For Cup. I've used it in sauces, gravies and cake and it is a dang good substitute. I actually prefer it in sauces because you don't have to cook the rue so long and it has no pasty flavor. In the cake I have to admit that it was a bit more dense but still pretty good. Next week I'll try bread.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I know I will

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Mike, I am glad they found the problem. I'm also glad that you are adjusting well.
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........about 36 out..........but lots of freezing rain........everything is frozen!!! Tree limbs.....wires.......lots of hazards........so much fun.........suppose to be low 40's for today.......only been in the 30's all week.........

Most schools are still closed....some are open late.........

Todd.............know what ya mean about the frozen foods.........not like the old days........

Moiraine.......thinking of you & your dad.......

Luanne........hang in there......

Kuki........sounds like you've been busy.....time to relax a bit..........

Mike.....you snuck in while I was typing........glad you're doing better with the movement......let Betty blow the snow.....don't want ya sporting bruises........

Just staying in & trying to stay warm today.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

Old January 20th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Mike, Ièm glad they finally found the answer, and that it is treatable. Celiac runs in my family and I have been tested, although it came back negative I try my best to stay gluten-free.
One thing I will not eat though is gluten-free bread, it is just awful. I must admit I will cheat now and then just to have a decent piece of regular toast with peanut butter!

donna
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
We got a couple inches of snow,with more on the way tomorrow, so, no work for me..I won't drive in it anymore.

Lucy is here,and already driving me a bit crazy..funny how some days seem tougher then others..old age I guess.

Elisabeth Hasselback from the View has celiacs,and this week she made recipes from her new cookbook..Looked easy and delish....Mike you will do well, since you cook so much....wishing you well.

I woke up at 8,and I am tired already..maybe Lucy, will take a nap w/me

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; January 20th, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny but cold NY
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Admiral

It's sunny here as well but it's not cold it's another warm day. I spent the morning doing a few things in the yard, and now I will take it easy the rest of the day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:28 PM
First Mate

Good afternoon mates! It's been downright humid here to the point that I'm running around in shorts and a sleeveless top. I'm already dreaming about my next cruise (post surgery) and planning it in my head for Sept.

Mike, so sorry to hear about the Celiac. I can't eat wheat bread so I can empathize somewhat.

Moiraine, take care of yourself so that you can take care of your Dad.

rollerdonna, those port stops sound so WONDERFUL!!

For everyone enduring the cold weather - I feel sorry for you since I am sitting here in the sunshine and 45 min away from the beach...*snicker*
Old January 20th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday! Is It 5:00 Somewhere?

A very late good morning. Gonna be a cold wet weekend here. I plan to get the makings for beef stew today.

Take care, Mike and Todd. A good day to everyone.

Judy
Old January 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorklr45 View Post
!!

For everyone enduring the cold weather - I feel sorry for you since I am sitting here in the sunshine and 45 min away from the beach...*snicker*

I am 35 minutes closer to the beach than you are. And the weather is quite nice here in Palm Coast, FL.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Admiral

10 minutes from the beach ,but alas it will not open till May
Old January 20th, 2012, 11:29 PM
First Mate

^5 TM! ha ha ha. May will come sooner than u think Henry!