Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Default Wake Up People, it's Sunday!

Morning Mates, is everyone sleeping in this morning? I did, and I didn't expect to be the first to start a morning thread!

Had a great night last night, a wonderful dinner at the Thai place, it is sooo yummy! Then we managed to come in 2nd place in both Trivia games. It was music trivia, and the guy doing it gave us all kinds of trivia tidbits about each song, and sometimes we had to identify the song, or the artist, or the year, or some other relative fact. It was very interesting!

On the list today is shopping for a mini vac, not a full size vacuum cleaner, but something like the old Bissell sweepers, just for in-between cleanings of animal hair and salt from outside. Anybody own one that you would recommend?

Bright sunshine and -18C today, sunny, but cold. Might even take the dog out for a walk, it's so nice out!

donna
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and those to follow. It is another dull Texas morning. A little on the cool side, but bareable.

I had such a great birthday. Visits from friends, flowers, cards, and candy, and balloons. Jim bought me workout stuff, and a new suitcase. It was over all a good day. I think the best gift of all was the long talk I had with Josh last night. He does not open up about his feelings for the loss of Joe. No emotion at all, but last night was different. I have prayed for the day that I would get my son back. I think it is finally happening.

Jim also called, and he is coming home early, so that was another great surprise.

Today I am going to do my usual stuff. Workouts, pick up around the house, and then games this afternoon, and evening.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Another cool and rainy day here, we are supposed to have sunshine on Tuesday and then back to rain through Sat.

I had a great nights sleep, 7 hours. Best sleep since the surgery.

My sister and BIL (from Nashville) were in Chattanooga and we had a great visit and dinner last night.

Have a great day.

Brenda
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The landscape is all white,and the dog is not happy putting paws to snow, so, shoe shopping for this pooch, may be needed

A family dinner is on tap,and a 7 pound bone in center cut pork roast will be the centerpiece, sauteed brussel sprouts, my cold slaw, mash potatoes. Should I set some more plates? All the bones are mine though!

Donna there is a new version of the swivel sweeper, that we have...its red...it's a, "as seen on tv" one, and I like it alot...I also got a new black & decker dust buster thingy,and that will suck your face off

Mike, feel better...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

Luanne I'm glad that you had a nice birthday.

Trip we are having the same thing for dinner. Our friends stayed over and they love the center cut pork roast that Mrs. TM makes.

I hope that Mike is doing better.

Have a nice sunday everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........38 out.....up to the low 40's......that white stuff is finally going away......we can see some green of the grass........

Luanne.............glad ya had a good B-day.......some presents are better then others........

Trip....we'd be there but our jet is being worked on today...............

A trip to the grocery store but not much more......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Default Wake Up, People, It's Sunday

Good morning! It's dull damp, and cold. Wouldn't surprise me if the storm came earlier than tonight.

Today will be our usual Sunday: Keith is already reading the paper. I might do a little of that before breakfast with a cup of coffee added.

I hope you're feeling better, Mike. You, too, Todd.

Have a good day, people.

Judy

Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. another beautiful day here in FL.

Luanne, it seems the best present was having Josh talk with you. Something like that is priceless.

Hope all have a great day.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Iceville,NY
Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
First Mate

Arrow

Good afternoons everyone! I slept in late as I was up late watching the modern version of "True Grit." Goof movie, I recommend it! As usual, a mild day here in S. Texas. My broken toe is already seemingly getting better. The swelling is down but the nice purple and black bruising is still there. Sure hope Mike is feeling better. My toe makes me think of Mike every time I look at it!..Mike has it so much worse.

R & R today but major winter house cleaning for the upcoming week as I may have house guests soon..

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!!

snorklr45
Old January 22nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone!

After a night of no sleep I finally passed out around 5:00 a.m. and slept until almost 11:00 a.m.. That was nice. I did wake up hungry and Betty had taken out a pound of cod to make something for dinner. I was able to butt scoot downstairs and sit in my walker/chair and give her instructions and I was also able to make the bechamel sauce and add the herbs so I guess it was combined effort. End result was a delicious bacalhau fresco with potatoes. I had seconds but we still have half a pan left so I know what I'll be eating for the next couple of days.

The knee really isn't any better. I'll see the ortho tomorrow morning and get a definitive diagnosis. I know I'll have to have another surgery because my symptoms are classic for a torn ACL. I can't lift my leg and the pain is nasty. Also it swells only after a few minutes of standing. Oh well: I have lots of narcotics and anti-inflammatory to keep it in check.

Snroklr: I bet your toe hurts like heck and it really bugs you. I hope it heals quickly and that you have your own narcotics.

Trip: A pork roast sounds good.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:03 AM
First Mate

Mike, thanks for your concern and perhaps you can tell from my earlier typos..I *do* have my own narcotics..lol