CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Oh No! It's Monday Again! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/387247-oh-no-its-monday-again.html)

rollerdonna January 23rd, 2012 07:36 AM

Oh No! It's Monday Again!

Morning Mates, 'ol Monday has rolled around again too soon. It is a sunny but cold one too, at -18C or 0F. We still have most of the snow that fell Friday night, so I'm hoping I can take the kids out sliding this afternoon if it warms up a bit...
Monday is my "day off" from exercise regime, or at least I haven't found anything to fit into the schedule yet...I should probably do some Pilates to fill in the gap.

Wishing you all a good week ahead, and Mike, hope you get some relief for that knee soon!

donna

bjm123 January 23rd, 2012 08:13 AM

No sun here, heavy rain and tornado watch.

Heading to PT. Nothing else on the agenda.

Brenda

Mike M January 23rd, 2012 08:21 AM

Good morning everyone.

Just waiting for 8 a.m. to roll around. Then I can call the doctor's office and get a time to get in.

It was a "Lost Weekend" filled with narcotics and TV. There is nothing left to watch on the DVR. The thing I'm looking forward to most is a shower with Nurse Betty. :D We'll see if we can accomplish it using the shower seat. It's a good thing I kept all the assistance stuff from when I had brain surgery and couldn't stand in the shower. It has come in handy over the last few years.

I haven't looked outside yet but the talking heads say we've had a couple inches of snow and freezing rain. A number of schools are delayed by two hours. I hope that doesn't impact us getting to the doctor.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday and that this week is a great one for you.

Take care,
Mike

Manuel January 23rd, 2012 09:20 AM

Good morning mates

It's just another beautiful day here in Palm Coast, Fl.

Mike I hope that you get better ASAP.

Have a nice day folks.

TM

Lakers Fan January 23rd, 2012 10:11 AM

Good morning from cloudy but very warm NY .

LS80 January 23rd, 2012 10:16 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........waming up a bit.....most of the snow is gone......a few schools are closed & some are 2 hours late.......almost back to normal.........they say rain & wind for the week.......better then the snow........

Mike........glad ya kept things..........hope the shower works & they can squeeze ya in real early........thinking of ya.......

Off to the doc in a few.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

ToddDH January 23rd, 2012 10:48 AM

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been on the Boards for a few days but I've been running back and forth between my home and Clinton.

My sister died at 4:10pm on Friday and things have been extremely hectic and I am nothing less than exhausted. But the obituary has been written and submitted. She is being cremated with her ashes to be scattered on the property where she used to live and a memorial service ill be conducted in the near future.

I just forgot something I had to put in the Obit so gotta' go.

Prayers and Blessings continue.

Luanne Russo January 23rd, 2012 10:56 AM

Good morning from a sunny Texas. It was nice and warm yesterday, and should be that way today.

I slept in this morning, and now I am trying to wake up.

The house looks like a tornado came through, so I know one thing I have to do today.:D

Jim came home from his hunting trip last night, and brought my triditional birthday food, fried chicken. This morning I feel like a walking fat gram, so I know what I won't be doing today.:D

This weekend is the beginning of our business trip, so I have to start getting the house ready to leave it for Josh. I am so ready to get away for awhile.

Hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

Trip January 23rd, 2012 11:04 AM

Hi Kids,
Dull day here, but warm...Crazeeee!

Nothing going on here today..Dinner was nice yesterday, I enjoyed each & every bone,and the meat was devoured completely:)

Todd, I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you.

Mike, I hope you get to the Drs. today,and you get good news, or as good as it can be....

Make it a good one.

Luanne Russo January 23rd, 2012 11:07 AM

Todd, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. Will call you in a little while.

Love you

Kuki January 23rd, 2012 11:14 AM

Good Morning cruisemates! A cool day, with rain expected in Scottsdale, AZ.

It's been a busy past week or so, with lots of company visiting, so lots of golf, lots of eating, and lots of comraderie. We begin the new week with that winding down, and saying sad goodbyes to lots of friends.

In the midst of it I slashed a finger open, so now all I do is point at people with my bandaged finger. And, yes typing is a bit trickly.

Todd.. my heartfelt condolensces on the loss of your sister.

Mike.. the one man medical disaster... hope you get some relief soon.

rollerdonna January 23rd, 2012 12:02 PM

Todd, so sorry to hear about your sister. My condolences....

donna

CruisinK n J January 23rd, 2012 12:09 PM

Oh No! It's Monday Again!

A late good morning to you all. It's been raining for a while, but not especially hard, just a good soaker.

Todd, my condolences to you.

Mike, I hope your doctor can give you a smooth recovery and relief from pain.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy

nlb1050 January 23rd, 2012 01:09 PM

Todd, my condolences on the loss of your sister.

Mike, I hope the doctor cam hep you and that you will be able to go on that cruise.

Phyllbo January 23rd, 2012 01:13 PM

Good afternoon all.

Mike, it's good to see you posting. I hope the bath works out for you, and that by now you have seen the doctor. Good thoughts and prayers going out for your quick healing and recovery.

Todd, so sorry to hear about your sister. My condolences to you and your family.

Things are quiet around here. It's clouded up, but I think I'll take a walk over to the pool with a book, and see if anyone is over there hoping for the sun to peak out.

Take care those of you who are in the stormy area.

Phyll

Chuck Palm January 23rd, 2012 01:22 PM

A typical day here in Patzcuaro, Mexico. Clear and 75 degrees. I think we are going to Morelia today to see "The Girl With the Dradon Tatoo." We saw the original version from Sweden and it was okay but I heard this newer version is better. We will see in due time.

Adios from Mexico

Mike M January 23rd, 2012 01:28 PM

Todd: I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. My best to you and her family.

I just got back from the doctor. It isn't great news. All indications "point" to a torn lateral/collateral ligament. The treatment is immobilization, rest and drugs. I'll probably be a narcotics addict by the time it's healed. I've never liked taking narcotics/pain killers but this time I am taking them every six hours.

If there is improvement in two weeks then we'll just start strengthening exercises. If no improvement then it's surgery time. It would be much better if I could have an MRI but with the pacemaker and the metal in my knee that I have it is not an option. :( Plus all the strength I regained in the knee will be lost so, once I have the cast off we'll have to work on both the knee and the ligaments. Oy vey.

We'll have to see if I'll be able to go on the cruise on March 3rd. It's still up in the air but with this set back I'll probably still be wearing a brace and I definitely won't be doing the rain forest tour in Puerto Rico. Oh well, I do have a nice big balcony so that will be nice. As long as I can handle the plane ride to get there. :rolleyes:

I just keep telling myself: "It could be a lot worse."

Take care,
Mike

Moiraine January 23rd, 2012 02:14 PM

Good afternoon mates. It's sunny here. Just got backs from having dad's labs done. The doc ordered a urine sample, but the lab tech used her brain and took a blood sample. We've had lunch now and the dog is begging to go for her walk.

Mike, I bet you'll manage the plane ride.;) I still don't know what we are going to do with you. You are a one man walking medical disaster. Hope in two weeks the leg feels better.

Todd, I am sorry for your loss. Love ya.

Have a good afternoon people.

snorklr45 January 23rd, 2012 07:35 PM

Todd, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. My prayers go out to you and your family...

Mike, I have a feeling that somehow you are going to make that trip!! :D

Overcast day here with cable guys digging up my gas and water lines without getting the proper permissions from 811 first and don't know what the he** they are doing. They managed to dig up most of my driveway wayyyy beyond the easement as well. Welcome to po-dunk Texas!! I let them have it when I got home today and saw this mess. They say they cannot guarantee they will not cut my gas line by accident.

Yep, it's Monday.

Haimia January 25th, 2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorklr45 (Post 1411521)
Todd, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. My prayers go out to you and your family...

Mike, I have a feeling that somehow you are going to make that trip!! :D

Overcast day here with cable guys digging up my gas and water lines without getting the proper permissions from 811 first and don't know what the he** they are doing. They managed to dig up most of my driveway wayyyy beyond the easement as well. Welcome to po-dunk Texas!! I let them have it when I got home today and saw this mess. They say they cannot guarantee they will not cut my gas line by accident.

Yep, it's Monday.

Please, please make sure this does not happen. Telephone workers did this locally and called gas company. Guy at gas company did not do his job and costed the home owner/renter (not sure which) his life. Came home, went down into the basement, flipped the light switch and the place exploded. Young guy held on for about a month then died and his fiance came out unharmed (I think). Needless to say the gas guy is in jail.

snorklr45 January 25th, 2012 04:56 PM

Haimia,

Thank you so much for your concern. I was so upset yesterday that I had to take an extra blood pressure pill as they had the backhoe digging at the gas line in front of my house. The gas utility guy did come out (I called them) but construction crew lied and said they would not be digging the gas line after all - that they would dig elsewhere. Just after the gas man left, they cranked up the backhoe and dug anyway. They are all done with digging and told me that if they damaged the line, they would make proper calls. Everything is all covered up now so I assume it is all fine. I only have one gas appliance in my house (gas water heater) and gas man checked it for leaks when he was here (just in case) and that was fine and green lighted. Gas guy said if they dug anyway, I could pour water over the site where they dug, if bubbles appear, there is a leak..Guess I could do that just to quell any remaining fears I might have.

Thanks again for your concern; you're a nice person. :)

Haimia January 27th, 2012 10:48 AM

Glad you are doing okay. It was just a scary thing to happen (about 4 miles from where I live). Unbelievable that someone who was in the business and SHOULD know the dangers just did not do his job. The guy who died had no idea, I am sure, of the lurking danger.